2005 Czech World Championship Jersey

MrZ123

So my dad is Czech, and has become buddies with Petr Sykora. We are huge Rangers fans, so couldn't bring ourselves to get a Panguins jersey for him to sign.

Therefore, we are looking for either a Czech Republic Sykora jersey, or a Czech 2005 World Championship Jersey that we could have his name and number put on.

Anyone have any info on where to get this?

Thanks!

-Zach

So my dad is Czech, and has become buddies with Petr Sykora. We are huge Rangers fans, so couldn't bring ourselves to get a Panguins jersey for him to sign.

Therefore, we are looking for either a Czech Republic Sykora jersey, or a Czech 2005 World Championship Jersey that we could have his name and number put on.

Thanks!

-Zach

do you have a picture of the jersey youre looking for?

Thanks!

-Zach

Why not try to get a 2005-06 Rangers jersey from when Sykora played for them? You could get a RBK 6100 (tough to find) or a CCM 550 (the replica from that time).

Why not try to get a 2005-06 Rangers jersey from when Sykora played for them? You could get a RBK 6100 (tough to find) or a CCM 550 (the replica from that time).

Was thinking about that, but we already have Rangers jerseys and a Czech World Championship 2005 jersey seems more unique.

I do not have a photo of the jersey I would like, I can't find much info about them, that's why I came here!

every now and then the 2005 jerseys pop up on ebay.. they were the last jerseys before the swift style in 2006..

here is a picture of one in a recent ebay auction.. they listed it as 2002, which it isnt..

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIKE-Czech-Republic-Olymic-Hockey-Jersey-L-2002-New_W0QQitemZ160410693173QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel?hash=item255938ee35

every now and then the 2005 jerseys pop up on ebay.. they were the last jerseys before the swift style in 2006..

here is a picture of one in a recent ebay auction.. they listed it as 2002, which it isnt..

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIKE-Czech-Republic-Olymic-Hockey-Jersey-L-2002-New_W0QQitemZ160410693173QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel?hash=item255938ee35

Anyone have one of these??

That isn't the olympic jersey?

This is the style from the 1998 Nagano Olympics - it's similar but the striping on the arms/shoulders is different.

nagano_czech_red_f_sm.jpg

You will quickly learn that any discontinued style older than a year or two is seldom going to be available "on demand" from an online retailer and most of the collectors on this board are much more into adding to their collection than parting with the ones they own.

The thrill of the hunt is part of what makes finding a jersey fun, even if taken to the extremes of IIHFjerseycollector!

As shown in the above link, they do show up on ebay now and then, but they are now five years away from being current, so patience will be somewhat necessary for cases like this, like it or not.

If you do find one, feel fee to post a link to it or a picture of it incase you want it's authenticity verified. They originals were made by Nike, and should have their swoosh logo on it. Sometimes they are reproduced to a lesser standard to sell to fans and tourists.