How to spot a fake jersey!

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, definitely legit!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man, great thread. I was just wondering if you have any info on how to spot a real CCM Kings jersey, specifically on the later version, with CCM on the back of the neck and on the bottom of the left sleeve.

If the jersey you're looking for has a logo on the sleeve near the wrist, then it's a replica, not an authentic (on-ice) jersey. You're pretty safe because replicas almost never get faked.

If the jersey you're looking for has a logo on the sleeve near the wrist, then it's a replica, not an authentic (on-ice) jersey. You're pretty safe because replicas almost never get faked.

Thanks for that!

Is this the jersey you have?

My link

You could also compare with this.

Dude, that jersey is so sweet!!

(BTW, I Rage call times infinity rage times Chuck Norris rage call times MR T rage call on the trash. I AM THE VICTOR!!!!!!!!!!!)

Edited by Jason Credible

Hey guys,just checking now to see if this image thing will work,if it does I will upload more.

These are two Jordan Eberle and Taylor Hall autographed "authentic" jerseys. They have certificates on the

Autographs,so I don't doubt those are real,but I have my doubts about the jersey.

The Taylor hall cost 325 and the eberle cost 425,I'm just terrified these jerseys are fake and will destroy the value of two huge collector pieces.

The worst part about the auction,they came from a sports memorabilia store that went out of business,ad although most things seem legit(there is double fabric on shoulders and elbows,tie downs,NHL logo is a patch,not embroidered,logo and numbers are stitched on,not glued) I could not see the jerseys close up when I bought them,and the numbers and logo seem "bubbly"

Let me know,thanks

http://m1154.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/dankent123/image.jpg.html?o=0

Hey guys,just checking now to see if this image thing will work,if it does I will upload more.

These are two Jordan Eberle and Taylor Hall autographed "authentic" jerseys. They have certificates on the

Autographs,so I don't doubt those are real,but I have my doubts about the jersey.

The Taylor hall cost 325 and the eberle cost 425,I'm just terrified these jerseys are fake and will destroy the value of two huge collector pieces.

The worst part about the auction,they came from a sports memorabilia store that went out of business,ad although most things seem legit(there is double fabric on shoulders and elbows,tie downs,NHL logo is a patch,not embroidered,logo and numbers are stitched on,not glued) I could not see the jerseys close up when I bought them,and the numbers and logo seem "bubbly"

Let me know,thanks

Sorry dude, but both those jerseys are definitely fake.

Let me know,thanks

just from the letters alone they look fake but the sig's might be real.

Another example of Real Sig's, fake jereys.

Ya,the signatures are definitely real,I got them checked out,but as for the jersey,they were fakes,it's unfortunate but what can you do,it will still look sick in a display case on the wall.

If the jerseys were authentic the guy at the store I took them to says I probably could have grabbed 5 or 6 hundred dollars for each of them,but these jerseys practically cut the value in half,but its not like I was going to sell them anyways.

it will still look sick in a display case on the wall.

No, it won't, at all. Why would you ever want to display a jersey you know to be fake? You should just get your money back.

If the jerseys were authentic the guy at the store I took them to says I probably could have grabbed 5 or 6 hundred dollars for each of them,but these jerseys practically cut the value in half

More like cut the value down to nothing. Autographed or not, the fact is the jerseys are still fake, and that renders the autographs worthless. That's just how it is. Like I said, get your money back if you can.

• 2 weeks later...

This store in Whistler was selling what I called fakes and they called 2nds ?

http://www.whistleronline.ca/merchant2.php/list2/216/Katmandu+Bike+&+Board

Jerseys had all the tell tale fake jersey signs as on Canucks fight the fake page and the store employee told me they were 2nds?

They were selling these jerseys for $90. :o

Any way to stop them ? Who could this be reported to ?

Nice to see some teams finally getting the information out there about how to spot a fake... maybe more ought to do it, and post something similar in the arena where more people might see it. It's reached the point where the number of fakes I see at games is almost greater than the number of real jerseys.

Fight the Fake