How to spot a fake jersey!

Hello all my name is Aaron and I am an avid hockey fan who is also avid hockey jersey collector. I am appalled by the comments of posters saying it is alright to rock a fake jersey at hockey games, and sadly cannot understand some of the sentiments taken by fans in this forum. I am not a member of this forum because I did not know of its existence, but I know the member posting this for me through a hockey jersey forum.

I would like to start off saying owning a Hockey Jersey is not a right it is a privilege and owning a jersey does not make you a better fan than someone else. I choose to spend money on expensive game worn hockey jerseys because it is a hobby and passion of mine. I am not here to judge anybody else's wallet because I am a humble college student and work for every penny that I spend, so I know how some people do not have the budget for a replica or retail authentic jersey. That being said if you choose to partake in the privilege to rock your team's colors, it is absolutely wrong to do so in an illegal and unethical way.

It is 100% and absolutely illegal to buy a fake jersey. There are technically "unlicensed" products, but that does not make them right. The NHL owns the copyrights for the manufacturing of jerseys, so using the word "unlicensed" to justify these jersey's existence is cowardly. These are not "fan" jerseys either. Some teams in Europe I know create "fan" jerseys through the team that are a little different than what the actual players wear. These jerseys are 100% legal and usually sold through the team stores. What these knockoff jerseys are, are illegal reproductions of NHL product of inferior quality. They usually are imported from other countries and are made in sweatshops. They have been linked to cancer causing materials and funding illegal organizations (I do not have the link regarding this, and I am not trying to use that excuse to create hyperbole).

While buying a fake jersey doesn't make you a lesser fan, it makes you a criminal. You are supporting illegal counterfitting organizations and look like an idiot by doing so. The better alternative would be to either save up money to buy real licensed product, or buy a cheaper alternative provided by the NHL. I understand the monetary argument, but hiding behind it in justification of this illegality makes you a coward and a fool in my humble opinion. Support your team the legal way, you'll be surprised how well the NHL jerseys hold up despite their high costs. Or sign up for a jersey forum such as http://forums.icejerseys.com or www.jerseycentral.org and look for collectors selling their jerseys at cheaper price. It is annoying to see so many collectors plead ignorance, when affordable hockey jerseys are out there, it just takes effort.

Thank you for hearing me out, and happy collecting."

That's what I said. I can't wait for their responses. God the Mets game needs to really F(&^*** start already I have too much free time.

I wish there was a "like" button on these forums

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all my name is Aaron and I am an avid hockey fan who is also avid hockey jersey collector. I am appalled by the comments of posters saying it is alright to rock a fake jersey at hockey games, and sadly cannot understand some of the sentiments taken by fans in this forum. I am not a member of this forum because I did not know of its existence, but I know the member posting this for me through a hockey jersey forum.

I would like to start off saying owning a Hockey Jersey is not a right it is a privilege and owning a jersey does not make you a better fan than someone else. I choose to spend money on expensive game worn hockey jerseys because it is a hobby and passion of mine. I am not here to judge anybody else's wallet because I am a humble college student and work for every penny that I spend, so I know how some people do not have the budget for a replica or retail authentic jersey. That being said if you choose to partake in the privilege to rock your team's colors, it is absolutely wrong to do so in an illegal and unethical way.

It is 100% and absolutely illegal to buy a fake jersey. There are technically "unlicensed" products, but that does not make them right. The NHL owns the copyrights for the manufacturing of jerseys, so using the word "unlicensed" to justify these jersey's existence is cowardly. These are not "fan" jerseys either. Some teams in Europe I know create "fan" jerseys through the team that are a little different than what the actual players wear. These jerseys are 100% legal and usually sold through the team stores. What these knockoff jerseys are, are illegal reproductions of NHL product of inferior quality. They usually are imported from other countries and are made in sweatshops. They have been linked to cancer causing materials and funding illegal organizations (I do not have the link regarding this, and I am not trying to use that excuse to create hyperbole).

While buying a fake jersey doesn't make you a lesser fan, it makes you a criminal. You are supporting illegal counterfitting organizations and look like an idiot by doing so. The better alternative would be to either save up money to buy real licensed product, or buy a cheaper alternative provided by the NHL. I understand the monetary argument, but hiding behind it in justification of this illegality makes you a coward and a fool in my humble opinion. Support your team the legal way, you'll be surprised how well the NHL jerseys hold up despite their high costs. Or sign up for a jersey forum such as http://forums.icejerseys.com or www.jerseycentral.org and look for collectors selling their jerseys at cheaper price. It is annoying to see so many collectors plead ignorance, when affordable hockey jerseys are out there, it just takes effort.

Thank you for hearing me out, and happy collecting."

That's what I said. I can't wait for their responses. God the Mets game needs to really F(&^*** start already I have too much free time.

I love you.

Hey xcdude. You got time to read the post that people made after the post and make another message for these dumb###es at the Canucks forum? They still don't stop.

Hey xcdude. You got time to read the post that people made after the post and make another message for these dumb###es at the Canucks forum? They still don't stop.

Precisely why I do not spend any time on that forum. Canucks fans are some of the most immature, misinformed, biased, and boneheaded in the league. I see it every home game in person.

Precisely why I do not spend any time on that forum. Canucks fans are some of the most immature, misinformed, biased, and boneheaded in the league. I see it every home game in person.

They like to say the same thing over and over again. Which I don't like.

Heh...welcome to the world of Nike Swift! That SIZE 56 will fit you like a CCM 48 would. They're super tight; even moreso than EDGE ones.

Any idea why Nike moved the location of the swoosh? I'm quite certain the 2010 Olympic ones have the swoosh in the white part as opposed to the red part of the jersey (so about 2 inches lower)

That's good to know about Nike Swift jerseys, cause my dumb Arse would've bought a 48 or 52 if I saw one. No chance I'd fit in one of those.

Unfortunately I've never seen a size chart for the Nike Swift authentics. They have a size chart for their replicas.

I think it's funny when you see some of the game worn auctions of Nike Swift jerseys and guys have size 64 jerseys etc. and we're not talking about Chara sized folks.

RCS still has all three Canada jerseys from the 08 IHWC. The only place I have seen those 100th anniversary patch retailed is on those jerseys. Probably not too popular of a jersey since it was the IHWC, epic choke at home in the championship game vs the Russians, and greenlife52 was on that team.

RCS still has all three Canada jerseys from the 08 IHWC. The only place I have seen those 100th anniversary patch retailed is on those jerseys. Probably not too popular of a jersey since it was the IHWC, epic choke at home in the championship game vs the Russians, and greenlife52 was on that team.

Well it WAS the first time Canada hosted the World Championship. Yeah that's right took them 100 years for the country to invent the game to host a World Championship.

• 1 month later...

100% legit replica CCM 550 factory customized jersey.

They've been on closeout at various places pretty much since the Edge came out.

Still a good one though, I too own one :)

IMG_0808.jpg

So I bit the bullet and bought an Anaheim Ducks 3rd jersey for full retail because I couldn't find a source anywhere for any less. Interestingly enough, the collar on it just has Reebok going around it with no ghost image in it...anybody find this really weird??

p1020271j.jpg