How to spot a fake jersey!

Hi, I did some research on how to differentiate between a real and fake jersey, and everything seemed to check out on the Canucks jersey I just bought until I compared it to one I have at home. I had bought this from a shop of a smaller, two-store franchise. Also, the orca patch of my new jersey at the front is noticeably more flimsy than the one I already own. Also, my new jersey is an authentic EDGE jersey, and my older one is a premier jersey. Here is the link to the pictures:

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/Skip2MyPou/Canucks%20Jersey/

About the orca, there are subtle differences between my premier jersey and the authentic one I had just bought. The most noticeable being the shape in the fin of the orca being straighter in the authentic jersey, and the teeth are more bold/thicker on the authentic jersey. Also, I think the orca looks overall "fatter" on the authentic jersey.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NYIJM29 is that Hawks jersey a good buy i want both patches on it ? Thanks again

Its good to buy, but I'd recommend ordering from SportsK.com or IceJerseys. It will be cheaper.

Its good to buy, but I'd recommend ordering from SportsK.com or IceJerseys. It will be cheaper.

can I get one with both patches on it? and just for future rference how can you tell which jerseys are real or fake. Thanks

can I get one with both patches on it? and just for future rference how can you tell which jerseys are real or fake. Thanks

No problem! glad to help!

When you say both patches, do you mean the "A" and SCF? If so, http://www.sportsk.com/cuchblrbkprj.html Add "A" and "Yes + $15 for Stanley Cup Final Patch"

Not to come off as a jerk, but really read through this thread and the "Is it Good or Not" thread. You can really pick up a lot. The quickets things to tell if it is a fake is if the jersey in question is an Edge jersey, in the size 48. No 48 Edges were ever made (but there are airknits in that size).

Usually replicas are not faked. If you see a replica that has a fightstrap, the fight strap was likely added by the owner of the jersey.

If you are looking into buying an authentic, and there are "cuts" in the side, it is a fake (the cuts in the side are on Premiers/replica only). There are no cuts on the sides of the pre-Edge replicas though.

No problem! glad to help!

When you say both patches, do you mean the "A" and SCF? If so, http://www.sportsk.com/cuchblrbkprj.html Add "A" and "Yes + $15 for Stanley Cup Final Patch"

Not to come off as a jerk, but really read through this thread and the "Is it Good or Not" thread. You can really pick up a lot. The quickets things to tell if it is a fake is if the jersey in question is an Edge jersey, in the size 48. No 48 Edges were ever made (but there are airknits in that size).

Usually replicas are not faked. If you see a replica that has a fightstrap, the fight strap was likely added by the owner of the jersey.

If you are looking into buying an authentic, and there are "cuts" in the side, it is a fake (the cuts in the side are on Premiers/replica only). There are no cuts on the sides of the pre-Edge replicas though.

Thanks again and im looking into buying a premier. are the glued on? because thats what I heard. Thanks for all your help

Thanks again and im looking into buying a premier. are the glued on? because thats what I heard. Thanks for all your help

No problem! The crest (logo) on the Premier is glued on.

Thanks for the input. Some aspects of the jersey really bother me though. One big one is the spacing between the orca/numbers on back and the seam where the stripes start on the bottom of the jersey.

What's wrong with it?

The space between the orca/numbers and the seam before the stripes is very small in comparison to all other jerseys I've seen.

That's because it's a 46. It's that simple, you own the smallest jersey Reebok makes. There's not enough room for everything to look "correct", and I think somebody else already mentioned that. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the jersey, it's not fake. It's a 100% authentic EDGE 1.0.

Yeah, thanks so much for everyone's input. I had a chance to take a look at jerseys at stores today. At first I saw a newer edge jersey, and the gap was what I expected, leaving me rather disappointed. But I went to the Canucks store, and saw older edge jerseys with the vector logo, and the gap was similar to mine.

Hi All,

need some thoughts if any would care to help here.

I am looking at this Edge Rebok 1.0. Size 56 or a 54 on his website Patrick Kane Jersey.

Is this a legit Jersey? From what I can tell from reading these boards it is. I have asked him to send me more pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330484203423#ht_1596wt_1165

Has anyone bought from the Hockey Jersey OUtlet before?

http://www.hockeyjerseyoutlet.com/servlet/StoreFront

any help would be great.

Mike

As Brilliant! said, they sell nothing but legit product. I've made 3 purchases through them, and have been very pleased with their excellent customer service. I just ordered a jersey last week and it was in my hands 2 days after I ordered it.

Gents,

just one more question I hope.

What would be the difference in a Game Issued Edge 1.0 7187 A vs Retail Edge 1.0 7187 A? About the only thing I I can find is that the RBK Reebok Authentic tag sewn on the back of the collar would not be present.

I heard something once about reinforced elbows on the Game Issued 7187 A but not 100% sure.

R/

Mike