2010-11 Jersey Design Changes

akteon

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad I picked up last years Stars away jersey since it's switching to the third jersey. I see it being discontinued in a year or two anyway with a new third probably going to pop up.

I'm glad I picked up last years Stars away jersey since it's switching to the third jersey. I see it being discontinued in a year or two anyway with a new third probably going to pop up.

Bring back the Mooterus!!! haha just kidding :lol::P

I think you're right about that and it really makes me disappointed in the franchise. They're basically washing away the last remains of the Minnesota North Stars. That's a team that NOBODY in Dallas should ever forget about. If it wasn't for Minnesota, there'd be no hockey in Dallas. It's a slap in the face to hockey history if you ask me. Long live the green and gold!

Bring back the Mooterus!!! haha just kidding :lol::P

The sad thing is, I would love to see it again. HA

It is shame they are getting away from their Minnesota roots. They will however still have the Stars crest on the shoulders still, unless they decide to remove them all together. After time though, a transition has to be made. When i look at Dallas' new uniform, I think Texas with the way the front wordmark is written. I do wish they still had a logo on the front that actually represented their team name.

The sad thing is, I would love to see it again. HA

It is shame they are getting away from their Minnesota roots. They will however still have the Stars crest on the shoulders still, unless they decide to remove them all together. After time though, a transition has to be made. When i look at Dallas' new uniform, I think Texas with the way the front wordmark is written. I do wish they still had a logo on the front that actually represented their team name.

That's really going to be too bad if they drastically change their uniforms for next season. I agree a transition has to be made, but I think teams that completely modernize their uniforms take away from the classic design of an NHL sweater. I really liked how the Stars jerseys used to look like a star - the reebok / koho jerseys from earlier this decade. I agree CanesCop, the Stars should still have a logo with their name on the front of the jersey. Shame on the NHL for turning jerseys into a money pit. BOOOO!!!!!!!!

The Wild released their 10th Anniversary logo for next season ...

Year_ten_medium.jpg

Personally, I'm not a fan. Maybe once I see it as a patch on a jersey it'll look better, but on the white background it just looks plain.

akteon beat me to it, I was just coming here to post that. I think it'll look good against the green jerseys

• 1 month later...

Some great stuff up on Icethetics regarding anniversary logos for San Jose and Columbus, plus some updates on new 2011 jerseys.

Thanks for the update, akteon. I must say, I absolutely LOVED it when the Kings wore purple and gold from their early years until the late 80s. Glad to see they are bringing back a throwback purple instead of yet another gold. :stickhndl: I've been dying to get my hands on a Kings purple and unfortunately, I have not been able to find one, but their new alternate may just solve the problem. :D Mitchell and Ness has made LA Kings throwbacks, but only the gold jerseys, one from 1971-1972, and one from 1981-1982, but no dice on the purple versions from either year. <_<

The Islanders white that was leaked looks nice too. I prefer them going back to that style for home and road jerseys rather than their initial EDGE jerseys, which were pretty GROSS, in my opinion.

The site also states the Canucks will wear a white throwback in the season opener versus LA. I would imagine that it would be one of the "stick in rink" whites they wore in the early to mid 70s. The only other options would be a flying skate white and one of the orca whites, which, to me, aren't really "throwbacks" since they aren't too old.

Thanks for the update, akteon. I must say, I absolutely LOVED it when the Kings wore purple and gold from their early years until the late 80s. Glad to see they are bringing back a throwback purple instead of yet another gold. :stickhndl: I've been dying to get my hands on a Kings purple and unfortunately, I have not been able to find one, but their new alternate may just solve the problem. :D Mitchell and Ness has made LA Kings throwbacks, but only the gold jerseys, one from 1971-1972, and one from 1981-1982, but no dice on the purple versions from either year. <_<

The Islanders white that was leaked looks nice too. I prefer them going back to that style for home and road jerseys rather than their initial EDGE jerseys, which were pretty GROSS, in my opinion.

The site also states the Canucks will wear a white throwback in the season opener versus LA. I would imagine that it would be one of the "stick in rink" whites they wore in the early to mid 70s. The only other options would be a flying skate white and one of the orca whites, which, to me, aren't really "throwbacks" since they aren't too old.

The Kings busted out the purple and golds alts yesterday at the draft. They sure did look nice.

Anybody else notice that the Wild gave their first-round pick a third jersey to wear? Could that mean something? Maybe they're going to make that the home jersey? Hmmmm....

Anybody else notice that the Wild gave their first-round pick a third jersey to wear? Could that mean something? Maybe they're going to make that the home jersey? Hmmmm....

I was wondering that myself. I bet they would make the red jersey into the alternate. Or, come out with another one?

• 2 weeks later...

Are they allowed to go with no names on the back?

No, I'm pretty sure it's mandatory.

No, I'm pretty sure it's mandatory.

Johnny's right.

From Icethetics post on the 'Nucks throwbacks:

"The original 1970 sweaters had no nameplates and nor do those used in this photo shoot but surnames are now required as part of NHL uniform regulations"

new nucks third? if so. I like.

2em1m3o.png

This is EXACTLY what bringing back a vintage jersey / look should be like! :thumbsup: Other teams should follow what the Canucks did for these jerseys (if they end up being their thirds). Just look at them, the vintage designs: stick in rink, white "V" on each sleeve, the striping, etc. Absolutely beautiful! :) Hats off to Vancouver on their design here. At my first glance I didn't even notice that it was an EDGE jersey. :lol: I believe the vintage looks on these jerseys kind of hide the EDGE elements. Well done.

it's jerseys like this, the new Leafs, Isles, Devils and others that make me call bull$*** on Reebok

when they initially said they couldn't do horizontal stripes on Edge jerseys. There was nothing stopping

them other than pure ignorance.

It was all a Money-Grabbing Scheme! The sad thing is im probably 99% percent right.

it's jerseys like this, the new Leafs, Isles, Devils and others that make me call bull$*** on Reebok

when they initially said they couldn't do horizontal stripes on Edge jerseys. There was nothing stopping

them other than pure ignorance.

Reebok never said that they couldn't do horizontal striping. And if they did, then there's no way that Anaheim, Boston, Calgary, Carolina, Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Montreal, New Jersey, both NY teams, San Jose, and Vancouver would have rolled them out in 2007 with horizontal striping on the body.

Teams were given the option of doing a complete redesign of their uniforms from top to bottom. The fact that a lot of teams were more interested in making something that looks like a practice jersey isn't really the fault of Reebok. Don't forget that Reebok wasn't around when the Islanders went all Gorton's Fisherman and Los Angeles rolled out the Burger King, so let's not underestimate the power of a boardroom full of pinheads.

It was all a Money-Grabbing Scheme! The sad thing is im probably 99% percent right.

Well unfortunately with the way merchandising has evolved, teams don't really care about those things. They are just out to create a third jersey that will make them $. The sad thing is that fans who don't care about the minute details - striping, collar lacing, etc will buy them regardless of the look. Those are the types of people who are like, "look at me I have the new third jersey" and the marketing people are all over it because those fans purchase it regardless.

I agree with you guys that it really is sad how Reebok doesn't care about requests for details on jerseys. :noway: It's all about money these days...