Does anybody wear their jerseys?

St. Patrick

I was wondering. We spend money to buy and have these things customized. So, does anybody wear them? I do. I'm up to 17 of these things. Granted I had a slow start starting out with only three Avalanche replicas. But it took off in November '09 when I ordered my Bellows jersey for my Christmas present. Then, the jersey bug bit, and kicked in high speed. I bought a fake to use around the house, play hockey or just skate. But now, I wear them all the time. I love them, and I love showing them off.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear my authentic Stamkos around campus.

I was wondering. We spend money to buy and have these things customized. So, does anybody wear them? I do. I'm up to 17 of these things. Granted I had a slow start starting out with only three Avalanche replicas. But it took off in November '09 when I ordered my Bellows jersey for my Christmas present. Then, the jersey bug bit, and kicked in high speed. I bought a fake to use around the house, play hockey or just skate. But now, I wear them all the time. I love them, and I love showing them off.

I always do. no matter what event I go to i have a jersey to wear along with it. it was all lemieux/crosby during the play-offs last year.

I CANT STAND people who wear their signature items. COA holograms and all. they should be shot and stripped of their jerseys!!

that by far my biggest pet peeve ever!

I always do. no matter what event I go to i have a jersey to wear along with it. it was all lemieux/crosby during the play-offs last year.

I CANT STAND people who wear their signature items. COA holograms and all. they should be shot and stripped of their jerseys!!

that by far my biggest pet peeve ever!

And just what's wrong with wearing signature items? I wear my '07 Ducks authentic home Niedermayer jersey that he personally signed for me when they play in Vancouver (only twice a year, sigh). Granted I've got two more jerseys signed by him (The disney black alternate and a one day whole team signed Canada jersey) that I won't wear because I'm going to frame them...But I fail to see what's wrong with it. COA holograms do look kinda goofy though...

And just what's wrong with wearing signature items? I wear my '07 Ducks authentic home Niedermayer jersey that he personally signed for me when they play in Vancouver (only twice a year, sigh). Granted I've got two more jerseys signed by him (The disney black alternate and a one day whole team signed Canada jersey) that I won't wear because I'm going to frame them...But I fail to see what's wrong with it. COA holograms do look kinda goofy though...

whats wrong with it? you kidding? do you really want me to list reasons?? that's like asking why cant I put my signature items in the washing machine!

what if it rains?

what if some jerk spills beer all over it or pop or WORSE!

what if you slip and fall and bleed all over it!?!

might as well kiss the signature goodbye then.

come on people back me up here. who else is guilty of the worst jersey crime of them all!!! muahahaha

Edited by Thelonious Sphere Monk

Most times, signatures are done in permanent marker and therefore can withstand the washing process. I threw an autographed jersey in the wash a while back hoping to actually get it out and it didn't even budge.

signatures may as well be stains ;)

I personally dont wear most of my authentics. I have an ultrafil Naslund thats not in the best condition in the world, so I dont mind wearing that. But I worry about all those things you listed when it comes to wearing my nice jerseys, so those stay in my closet!

Most times, signatures are done in permanent marker and therefore can withstand the washing process. I threw an autographed jersey in the wash a while back hoping to actually get it out and it didn't even budge.

ya that is true about most permanent markers BUT it is possible to spill something on top of it that either stains or discolors it.

not to mention the fact of the actual event of it ripping or being torn.

it just a bad idea all around and leaves a bitter bitter taste in my mouth when i think about it but what do I know.

signatures may as well be stains ;)

I personally dont wear most of my authentics. I have an ultrafil Naslund thats not in the best condition in the world, so I dont mind wearing that. But I worry about all those things you listed when it comes to wearing my nice jerseys, so those stay in my closet!

in the world of hockey cards there is no better way to ruin a rookie card then by having the player sign it..

ugh.

in the world of hockey cards there is no better way to ruin a rookie card then by having the player sign it..

ugh.

Personally to me, it all comes down to why you bought the jersey in the first place. The jerseys I wear out in public were bought because I want to wear them, having a signature of the player is just an added bonus for me, and makes it special. If you guys bought them strictly to collect, then fine, keep them protected from the dangers of the outside world! Don't get me wrong, as on Wednesday I got Selanne to sign the Wildwing jersey I had made up with his name and number, and that's one that I probably will never wear, but then I didn't buy it for that reason. Oh, and just to aggravate you even more, when it comes to Ducks players, I get them to sign their rookie cards when I can. Why? Because I could care less how much they're worth from a collection standpoint, they mean more to me that way.

Oh, and just to aggravate you even more, when it comes to Ducks players, I get them to sign their rookie cards when I can. Why? Because I could care less how much they're worth from a collection standpoint, they mean more to me that way.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!! /wrists :)

I would never frame any of my jerseys either. Signed or not.

Just seems wrong to me to frame a jersey and never be able to put it on or touch it ever again.

you cant show of an entire side of the jersey! or the patches!

I have a few I wear out to games and such,but 99% won't get that chance. Too paranoid something might happen and then I'll be mad about it the rest of my life. Too much time spent hunting down and buying many of them to take chance.

Well, I wear them well, for example not to tasks where I risk getting dirty, or when it is predicted to rain, and I don't wear jerseys with tags on them, but other than that, yeah I wear them out occasionally. I would never wear most of my authentics to a game though, because I get paranoid of somebody rubbing their muddy shoes on it or something.

Well, I wear them well, for example not to tasks where I risk getting dirty, or when it is predicted to rain, and I don't wear jerseys with tags on them, but other than that, yeah I wear them out occasionally. I would never wear most of my authentics to a game though, because I get paranoid of somebody rubbing their muddy shoes on it or something.

I only wear my Leafs jerseys and even then I will only wear them if I go to watch a game at the stadium or bar etc. Here is me at the game against Tampa a few weeks back that I got off youtube when Kessel scored the OT winner.

2018830520105461084S500x500Q85.jpg

All the time! Except my Korpikoski Graves night gamer which is way tooo big for me! Otherwise my LA Kings '86 jersey is autographed and I'm not scared of it being worn.

I have an autographed Avalanche team jersey that I wont wear, but will in fact be putting behind glass. I'm currently in the process of looking for the 2005-06 team set of cards to put in with the jersey (if you have the set, let me know). I'll wear the hell out of my Premier and fakes, hell, I'll even wear my authentic's around town. Obviously, I wont wear them when I will risk them getting dirty or nasty.

the guy in the hat about 3 rows behind the redline on that cornerboard?

Yup, that's me.

Hey TMLfan, we are going to be in Toronto next summer (2011). I was planning on seeing the Maple Leaf Gardens, ACC, and of course the hockey hall of fame. Any other attractions I should know about? I'm going with my best friend who has his brothers living there.

Hey TMLfan, we are going to be in Toronto next summer (2011). I was planning on seeing the Maple Leaf Gardens, ACC, and of course the hockey hall of fame. Any other attractions I should know about? I'm going with my best friend who has his brothers living there.

Check out the CN Tower, Rogers centre, depending what time of summer you come the C.N.E might be going on so you can check that out as well. You can also check out the bars and clubs especially Gretzky's if your into that kinda thing.

I wear mine all the time. Granted I only own 4 Jerseys and all are replicas (Old style Coyotes #7, Flames Vintange #12 Iginla, White Blue Jackets (CCM) no number and now a Coyotes 3rd no number). Got the Coyotes 3rd today specifically to have a Black training Jersey. Looking to pick up an Authentic 3rd (#19 Doan) at the game vs Oilers - this one will NOT be used for practice haha.

I wear all of mine. Mostly either around the house or to games. Occasionally I will wear them out to the store or something.