Does anybody wear their jerseys?

St. Patrick

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was playing a game of pick up hockey last week, and I see this guy wearing a white authentic Winnipeg jets jersey! I couldn't believe it! I naturally offered to buy it, and he declined to sell. But I couldn't believe he was wearing an authentic Jets jersey to play hockey in!

I also don't buy anything I can't wear. I don't wear them "out", though. Only if I'm going to a game, which occasionally means having to wear one to school and sit through classes/walk around the campus hoping it doesn't get ruined. Another reason I don't wear my jerseys to school casually is because every single jersey I see at school is a blatantly obvious fake, and I'd rather not be grouped into that crowd because it's obvious that nobody there knows the difference. (Well, besides me and my English professor, who plays hockey, and is a woman, and kind of hot)

I also don't buy anything I can't wear. I don't wear them "out", though. Only if I'm going to a game, which occasionally means having to wear one to school and sit through classes/walk around the campus hoping it doesn't get ruined. Another reason I don't wear my jerseys to school casually is because every single jersey I see at school is a blatantly obvious fake, and I'd rather not be grouped into that crowd because it's obvious that nobody there knows the difference. (Well, besides me and my English professor, who plays hockey, and is a woman, and kind of hot)

"My Professor...I wrote her a love letter and she handed it back to me corrected in red pen" (or something like that) Rodney Dangerfield in "Back To School"

"My Professor...I wrote her a love letter and she handed it back to me corrected in red pen" (or something like that) Rodney Dangerfield in "Back To School"

LOL! I've seen that, he was hilarious. I love everything he did. Him and Carlin are my two favorite dead comedians.

I buy smaller jerseys to wear, and larger jerseys to get signed.

I've bought 3 authentics since I joined a couple of months ago.

1 1995-1996 Nike white Jeremy Roenick. It's a little beat up, a couple of pulls so I don't mind wearing it out to watch games.

I've been lucky enough to purchase both a 1994 CCM Air Knit red Jeremy Roenick and 1995-1996 Nike red Chris Chelios both BNWT from members on the site. I don't wear those, I'm waiting for an autograph appearance so I can get them signed.

I pretty much stopped wearing my jerseys "out" and only will wear them if I am going to a game (would wear them around school/campus if the Isles win a big game/NYR lost a playoff round, etc.). However, I wear an Isles practice or Pens practice to play hockey in. I stopped taking the tags off non-Isles jerseys.

I only buy stuff I can wear. So yes. Wear them often.

If I can't wear it, I don't buy it. I'm not really in it to "collect" so to speak, I just want to represent my team. If it ends up thought as a collection then so be it, but I buy to wear. I don't have many, and I don't want a lot more.

Only wear mine if I'm going to see a game which is once or twice a year. If the Leafs were ever able to make a playoff run (hahahahahahahaha) then I might wear them regularly during the playoffs.

I'm in the "I only buy what I'm going to wear" camp. To each their own, obviously!

I wear them all. But of course try to be extremely careful and aware of my surroundings. I don't eat in them, or most of them at least. I love wearing them and I'll wear anything from a 52 through to a 58. I always get one jersey per Playoff run that I can go out and brew in. So that one tends to get a few spills on it :check:

Edit: I have 2 that I won't wear, which are my Rypien and my Kes Finals. Those rotate in and out of a frame.

I pretty much stopped wearing my jerseys "out" and only will wear them if I am going to a game (would wear them around school/campus if the Isles win a big game/NYR lost a playoff round, etc.). However, I wear an Isles practice or Pens practice to play hockey in. I stopped taking the tags off non-Isles jerseys.

Im the same for games, I'll wear them around my house, or a game, never to school. To skate/hockey in, i wear a Canucks lime green practice jersey.

I wore my kessel out to wild wings last night. 1G 1A made the wings taste that much better

Can't be risking getting wing sauce on the jersey bro.

I wear all of my jerseys to games, and even sometimes to poker home games :thumbsup:

If I eat at a restauarant or something, I usually take it off or have it in a bag to put on later anyway. If I eat at the arena, I eat something that isn't going to 'spill' like chicken tenders or similar. Basically, I just try to be careful, like I would with any clothing. I figure these jerseys underwent far more abuse than what I could possibly do to them wearing them a few hours a year.

I wear my jerseys to games, and since I go to almost every home game I get to wear them often. This season I've adopted a rule where I won't change my jersey until I am at a game where the Rangers lose. I don't count away games or games I end up missing due to school or something else. My Doug Weight jersey went 8 wins straight at the beginning of the season.

I have one team Canada replica that I rock around town but that's about it. I have mostly gamers but there are no games to wear them to hear. I am going to the World Hockey Championships this year so there will be at least one chance for me to rock out some of the more obscure international jerseys, like Mongolia.

I wear my jerseys to games, and since I go to almost every home game I get to wear them often. This season I've adopted a rule where I won't change my jersey until I am at a game where the Rangers lose. I don't count away games or games I end up missing due to school or something else. My Doug Weight jersey went 8 wins straight at the beginning of the season.

We do similar, we don't keep wearing the same one but we cycle them and then recycle the winners.

It also happens that every jersey I bought since Christmas has been a winner which was nice.

Haha that's the way to do it. I haven't had a chance to wear everything I own to a game yet. I originally wanted to own enough jerseys to be able to wear a different one to each game of the season, but I like sticking with the winners. I'm even trying to keep track of wins and losses in my spreadsheet with all of my other jersey details.

I do. I rotate through my Caps jerseys when I go to games. I wear my other jerseys at home and around town when I feel like it. I use to wear jerseys to work at my old job.