Stanley Cups and Pin-Ups

Hey all...been lurking for awhile at the IJ boards, but thought I'd register to share a little project I do on my blog every spring. I'm an illustrator, and obsessed with the Pens and hockey in general. A few years ago I found a way to combine my obsessions by posting Stanley Cup playoff picks along with little drawings of pin-up girls wearing jerseys of the teams that I think'll win. I'm no Sean Leahy, but I like to think I know a little bit about pickin' some puck.

Anyhow, please take a gander if you're so inclined, and I hope you enjoy!

Eastern Conference

Western Conference

Wow - Robert, I've been a fan of your art since the 2008 playoffs when I saw one of your Pens pin-ups on the Pensblog (yes, I know I'm a Rangers fan, but I like the Pens because they hate the Flyers as much as I do)

Keep up the amazing work.

Robert, cool to see you posting on here. Those all look great. Had to go and pick the Sharks though? I have an emoticon for that one. wallbash.gif

Interesting work indeed. The art stands out, especially since you only used one colour as the outline of the whole image. I see your reason behind picking the kings in 7, but I think the canucks will advance. (biased opinion since I am a big Canucks fan :thumbsup: )

Overall great work! Hope to see more "visual predictions" as the 20101 Playoffs continue! :)

• 1 month later...

These are great. Do you have any other Pens ones that might show the logo a little better?

Paul

www.PensJerseys.com

Edited by Paul

These are great. Do you have any other Pens ones that might show the logo a little better?

Absolutely! TONS! It was actually my excitement for the Pens finally getting back to the playoffs that originally got me started doing this!

Thanks for the opportunity to share.

2007 Previews

Winter Classic

2008 Previews

2009 Conference Finals

Cup Winner

There are a bunch more as well...just poke around a bit, and you'll find 'em!

Interesting work indeed. The art stands out, especially since you only used one colour as the outline of the whole image. I see your reason behind picking the kings in 7, but I think the canucks will advance. (biased opinion since I am a big Canucks fan :thumbsup: )

Overall great work! Hope to see more "visual predictions" as the 20101 Playoffs continue! :)

For Mac1124

Absolutely! TONS! It was actually my excitement for the Pens finally getting back to the playoffs that originally got me started doing this!

Thanks for the opportunity to share.

2007 Previews

Winter Classic

2008 Previews

2009 Conference Finals

Cup Winner

There are a bunch more as well...just poke around a bit, and you'll find 'em!

AWESOME!

Paul

www.PensJerseys.com

• 2 weeks later...

Need less cloth! Hot for some cartoony babes, always thought the Sun Maid raisin girl was pretty fly.

You sure know your way around a Wacom tablet, I'm sure the lady fans would love some tees of those designs.. Hopefully the NHL notices you, but they are a little risque for those fuddy duddy's.

• 5 months later...

Nice work as always. I may have to commission a piece for my wife at some point.

Just let me know. I'm actually working on a Wings piece for my brother-in-law right now...much as it sickens me to do so! ;)

Hi Robert,

Your art is fantastic. Your piece on the Rocket should be used in classrooms.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Wow! Thanks, Keener!

Shoot me your address in a PM...I'll send a print your way!

As for what's next...

Penguins Winter Classic

Crapitals Winter Classic

Wow! Thanks, Keener!

Shoot me your address in a PM...I'll send a print your way!

As for what's next...

Penguins Winter Classic

Crapitals Winter Classic

HAHAH! the Crapitals. :) I'm a use that one from now on!

Such wicked pics bro. I like thw winter classic this year for the pens and that crapitals jersey is my favorte style from that team only becuse Stevens once wore one :)

• 2 weeks later...

Created this one as an Xmas gift for my brother-in-law, so if you see him don't spill the beans!

The Red Menace

Guys, if Robert's not going to mention it, I will.

He's having a sale in his online store and was featured on my blog recently.

You can find the link to his store and the coupon code in my post.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2010/12/third-string-goalie-holiday-shopping_06.html

Guys, if Robert's not going to mention it, I will.

He's having a sale in his online store and was featured on my blog recently.

You can find the link to his store and the coupon code in my post.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2010/12/third-string-goalie-holiday-shopping_06.html

Jeff, you're a prince...didn't want to toot my own horn!

I should add, I've added a few new prints to the shop in the last few days, so get 'em while they're hot!

• 1 month later...