Question about premier jerseys

TMLFAN

I have a question about the premier jerseys that hopefully somebody can help me out with. I know Reebok cheaped out with the screen printed shoulder patch's on the premier jerseys but what about the front crest? Is crest on a premier jersey the same as on the edge jerseys or are they screen printed as well? Also, if they are the same are they the same size? I know back in the day the replica's used to have smaller crests then the authentics.

crests are not screened. however I was told by a guy who owns a sports clothing store here that Reebok wanted to make the crest screened the same as the shoulders but the NHL said no. not sure how he'd know that, but it also wouldn't surprise me if that's true.

They are embroidered and same size as the crest on the authentics, the difference is that they are ironed on instead of stitched on.

EDIT: I also heard the rumor Hawksfan posted but thankfully it never happened.

The premiere's aren't that bad. I was a huge skeptic about them, but they are really tough jerseys. I wear two of them (Leafs alternate and Avalanche road) to play hockey in. It's no contact but bumping does happen. They hold up great. I take the stupid "jock tag" off as soon as I get them.

the shoulder patches rub off very easily, maybe the fabric is ok but overall they're cheap crap IMO

The first year of the Edge/Premier was for the 2006-07 All-Star game. There's two big differences between them and the current styles.

1) The Edge authentics had a jock tag on the front identifying the numerical size

2) The Premier replicas had a screen-printed twill crest on the front

It is true that the Reebok was initially planning on having screened crests for all Premiers, but the extreme negative reaction from that All-Star game forced a re-thinking of the plans.

The first year of the Edge/Premier was for the 2006-07 All-Star game. There's two big differences between them and the current styles.

1) The Edge authentics had a jock tag on the front identifying the numerical size

2) The Premier replicas had a screen-printed twill crest on the front

It is true that the Reebok was initially planning on having screened crests for all Premiers, but the extreme negative reaction from that All-Star game forced a re-thinking of the plans.

Was the screen-printed crest only used on those first all star jerseys or did they make team jerseys with that and then switched at a later time?

The most important thing for me is the crest, the jersey will be a "doner" if I end up picking one up so as long as the crest is the same as on an edge jersey I couldn't care less about the rest of the jersey.

I don't mind my NHL premier jerseys but the AHL ones have to be constructed better. I own three of those and all three have loose threads and have seams coming undone. I am thinking of having the hems re-sewn now that my team is in the offseason because it's a disappointment to pay $119 for a replica plus additional on customizing for two of the three jerseys (though not at the same time) to have those problems.

:angry:

I found a closeup pic of a premier with the crest I need and it's not the same as the crest on the edge.

Oh well, the hunt continues.

Was the screen-printed crest only used on those first all star jerseys or did they make team jerseys with that and then switched at a later time?

The most important thing for me is the crest, the jersey will be a "doner" if I end up picking one up so as long as the crest is the same as on an edge jersey I couldn't care less about the rest of the jersey.

It was only the All-Star jerseys that had the screened crest. Most team shops contacted Reebok to let them know about the backlash against them on that basis, which forced the change. For what it's worth, the women's Premier jerseys had a crest that was screened directly onto the jersey that has since been changed due to the backlash against that as well. The switch to the screened crest was made because women complained about the way a twill crest sat on their chest, so they changed to the screened one...which was changed back because it looked and felt cheap.

There are minor differences between the crests on the Premier and the Edge jerseys. There's a great deal of similarity, but there's a difference that's noticeable if you're really looking for it.

Based on some of the previous posts, should I try and avoid buying a premier? Would you guys prefer 2 customized premiers to 1 customized EDGE? (They're about the same price, 2 premier to 1 EDGE).

Avalanche Freak - what did you use to remove the front "jock tag?"

I don't own a premier, but is that Reebok vector logo on the sleeve removable too?

Also, I could be wrong, but do the colors of the premier jerseys differ slightly from the EDGEs since they aren't authentic?

Thanks for any info. you can give. :thumbsup:

Based on some of the previous posts, should I try and avoid buying a premier? Would you guys prefer 2 customized premiers to 1 customized EDGE? (They're about the same price, 2 premier to 1 EDGE).

Avalanche Freak - what did you use to remove the front "jock tag?"

I don't own a premier, but is that Reebok vector logo on the sleeve removable too?

Also, I could be wrong, but do the colors of the premier jerseys differ slightly from the EDGEs since they aren't authentic?

Thanks for any info. you can give. :thumbsup:

I used a stitch remover. You can find them at fabric stores or maybe even Target. I take my time, and actually remove the stitches from on top of the tag so I don't rip the jersey.

I used a stitch remover. You can find them at fabric stores or maybe even Target. I take my time, and actually remove the stitches from on top of the tag so I don't rip the jersey.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind if I do get a premier. That front jock tag is so ugly and I think it's gross that the size is on there too. It's basically advertising what size you wear :lol: which is kind of embarrassing in my opinion.

For anyone who has a premier, is it possible to remove the reebok logo on the sleeve? Maybe trying an take the threads out?

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind if I do get a premier. That front jock tag is so ugly and I think it's gross that the size is on there too. It's basically advertising what size you wear :lol: which is kind of embarrassing in my opinion.

For anyone who has a premier, is it possible to remove the reebok logo on the sleeve? Maybe trying an take the threads out?

It's tempting, but I wouldn't recommend it. It would be a "mission impossible" to do it. With out leaving holes anyway.

• 2 months later...

Quick question about the Jock Tag...if I were to get a custom premier jersey from Ice Jerseys, would they be willing to remove the jock tag for me, if I requested it at the time of the order?

Quick question about the Jock Tag...if I were to get a custom premier jersey from Ice Jerseys, would they be willing to remove the jock tag for me, if I requested it at the time of the order?

It is easy to do with a stitch remover. Just do it from on top of the jock tag, not from below. That will allow some protection to the jersey. Take your time on doing it, and you wont even know it was there. I removed the jock tag on three of my Premiers and it only took about 5 minutes to do.

I own a Premier for the Red Wings and Bruins, and an EDGE for the Bruins. I definitely like the EDGE better just in material construction and weight. The Premier is okay, but I really feel gypped with the shoulder patches on the Bruins one. I don't mind the Red Wings one since they don't have shoulder patches anyway.

I removed the tag on the Wings one with a seam ripper and less than 5 minutes. I just haven't bothered with the Bruins one since I might just get rid of that one anyway.

If given the choice between two Premiers or one EDGE, I'll still go with the EDGE. Better to have fewer high-quality products I can be proud of than just filling out the numbers with mediocre items.