Custom jerseys

Crimson

They're all sewn and very, very real :)

The Transformers logos are large embroidered patches with matching smaller patches for the shoulders (from eBay). The NJD and ANA jerseys were done by IceJerseys (;)).

The Star Wars ones belong to my group, the 501st Legion (we're the idiots who are often seen dressed up as Stormtroopers and other Imperial characters). The top two are also large embroidered patches hand-sewn onto the jerseys, but the bottom one I actually had the logo digitized and mass-produced for my local chapter.

Yeah, I'll be wearing that one to the premiere of the Transformers movie next year :D

Those are hysterical! I really like them. If it were me they would have been Lord of the Rings themed, or maybe G.I Joe, if I was feeling nostalgic, but I enjoyed transformers quite a bit when my kids were growing up. ::sigh:: cartoons have gone to hell lately.

The logos and the quality is really impressive too. Great job.

Thanks, guys!

I am in the middle of a G.I. Joe themed jersey, actually. The only difficulty is in finding a Cobra patch of the right size that won't cost me over $50 for just one.....

<-- geek

Hah! That's pretty amusing. What a coincidence. I was definitly fond of Saturday morning cartoons when my kids were young, but I have to say the only time I've ever felt I could be labeled a geek with regards to anything was LotR... and hockey, if you can be considered a geek for such a thing. You'll have to show us how the G.I Joe shirt comes out.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow...I never thought I'd find a fellow 501st trooper on here. Are you the same Crimson from Omega Wing?

I love the jerseys too. I know the NER was talking about doing a hockey jersey but I've been inactive for a while now so I'm out of the loop.

Wow...I never thought I'd find a fellow 501st trooper on here. Are you the same Crimson from Omega Wing?

I love the jerseys too. I know the NER was talking about doing a hockey jersey but I've been inactive for a while now so I'm out of the loop.

Yep, same one! (holy small world, Batman!)

One of the guys from Pacific Outpost did up his jersey, using the same Legion patch I used above but on the black Sabres jersey with a Pacific 3.5" patch on the right shoulder. My Squad Leader has the same style, but he went to a not-so-good sport shop near his house to get the name/number done and they messed it up the first time (put the arm numbers ON the shoulders :blink: ).

What can I say? I was inspired by a Canadian Garrison member who came down to Detroit once with his CG jersey (Canadian Garrison logo on the previous Sabres alt style).

Those are awesome very nice design work.

That's funny man...Menace here. This is the last place I would've thought I'd find another trooper.

I remember seeing the Canadian Garrison jerseys at C3 with the patch and the names and numbers on the back and I was soooo jealous. NOBODY was selling though.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you find those patches online, or have them made specially? I'm considering having a large crest done of the Sabres logo in my signature and eventually buying two of the new jersey and replacing the crest on one with the modernized classic logo. It would be interesting to find out how I could go about that.

The crests for the Transformers jerseys were from eBay. The two 501st Legion ones were customs -- the blue, I had the jersey maker actually make and apply the crest and the red was a 12" patch that one of our members made, which I hand-sewed onto the jersey.

You'd need to get a minimum quantity of large embroidered crests made as patches, and until the quantity gets to a certain point, they'd be something like $50 each. Patch making companies won't do one-offs, because it's just TOO expensive to do only one.

I'm active enough in the Sabres community that I'm sure I could sell them. I might look into it around the start of next season...

Those look awesome!

I've done one "Fantasy Alternate" already and have one more in the works. It's actually out at the customizers as I type this.

The one I did already was a "throwback alternate" for the Senators based on their 1920's barberpole jerseys back when they won the Stanley Cup seven times.

modern-front.jpgmodern-back.jpg

I also did a just plain throwback style, using a patch from the Willabee and Ward collection.

vintage-front.jpgvintage-back.jpg

vintage-crest.jpg

My latest effort is the Hartford Whalers. This is a blank jersey I bought here at icejerseys.com.

In 92-93 the Whalers changed to the blue road and white home, ditching the green road jerseys.

This green jersey with the lace-up collar is meant to be an alternate from that set (since the original green jerseys never had the silver trim) and features the return of Pucky the Whale using a crest and sholder patches found on ebay.

Whalers.jpg

I'm active enough in the Sabres community that I'm sure I could sell them. I might look into it around the start of next season...

Cool! Then all you'd need is a version of the image in vector format, fire it off to the embroiderer, and you gots patches!

The only downside I've found to doing customs is the sewing. Since the crests on my jerseys are regular patches with the PVC backing (read: melted hot glue), I had to break out my wife's sewing machine. One or two isn't bad, but when I did a run of 15, it got really old really fast!

I could tell when I was getting tired and lazy, because those were the ones I had to rip out and redo. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...