Custom jerseys

Crimson

In the original Transformers series of toys and cartoons, Megatron was a gun. He has taken various shapes in the series that followed though, but to older Transformers fans he will always be a gun.

In the original Transformers series of toys and cartoons, Megatron was a gun. He has taken various shapes in the series that followed though, but to older Transformers fans he will always be a gun.

Shockwave was pretty cool. you know, that purple laser gun?

the jerseys are cool, but I would have the Decepticon Logo on a Kings jersey, since there are already purple elements

@Crimson

where did you get the templates for the Transformers logos? I wanna customize my t-shirts

Ahh okay! I couldn't remember for the life of me. I saw the Transformers "Classics" version of Megatron and the gun form he was didn't look right. Man, I can't wait for that movie to come out next summer. I saw the trailer for it Saturday night at the movie website.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
vintage-front.jpgvintage-back.jpg

vintage-crest.jpg

My latest effort is the Hartford Whalers. This is a blank jersey I bought here at icejerseys.com.

In 92-93 the Whalers changed to the blue road and white home, ditching the green road jerseys.

This green jersey with the lace-up collar is meant to be an alternate from that set (since the original green jerseys never had the silver trim) and features the return of Pucky the Whale using a crest and sholder patches found on ebay.

Whalers.jpg

That Whalers jersey looks awesome! There is something about jerseys with the ties on the front, they look classier. I miss the whale.

I love the ties on the front to. It gives it that vintage look.

I love the ties on the front to. It gives it that vintage look.

I love the ties on the front too, but in my opinion, there are too many teams in the NHL that are going for the "tied" look. It seems that tied jerseys are begining to loose their beauty as more and more teams adopt them.

Does anyone have any idea whether or not jerseys will be able to have ties next season with the new jersey designs?

I love the ties on the front too, but in my opinion, there are too many teams in the NHL that are going for the "tied" look. It seems that tied jerseys are begining to loose their beauty as more and more teams adopt them.

Does anyone have any idea whether or not jerseys will be able to have ties next season with the new jersey designs?

I'm guessing no, but you never know. It might look strange to have ties on the new "edge" jersey.

• 7 months later...

Some great jerseys and ideas for jerseys you have all posted.

I've mainly reproduced teams crests (with tackle twill material) from already existing logos to put on blank jerseys or over top of screenprinting.

The only exception is the one design I made for my senior nbc hockey team when i was team rep. For the Bandits team, I bought blank jerseys. I stupidly (didn't realize home much time and work they'd be) made up a crest and numbering for a whole team set and cut and sewed tackle twill on blank green jerseys. I also enlarged a few jerseys by serging in some black mesh under the arms for a few of the larger players.

here's one of the bandits team jerseys, plus some of the other jerseys i've 'crested'.

Will's hockey jerseys

Some great jerseys and ideas for jerseys you have all posted.

I've mainly reproduced teams crests (with tackle twill material) from already existing logos to put on blank jerseys or over top of screenprinting.

The only exception is the one design I made for my senior nbc hockey team when i was team rep. For the Bandits team, I bought blank jerseys. I stupidly (didn't realize home much time and work they'd be) made up a crest and numbering for a whole team set and cut and sewed tackle twill on blank green jerseys. I also enlarged a few jerseys by serging in some black mesh under the arms for a few of the larger players.

here's one of the bandits team jerseys, plus some of the other jerseys i've 'crested'.

Will's hockey jerseys

Very nice work. I know how much work it is working with twill. You can check out my work right here on the Canucks jersey http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?sho...=243&st=580

Very nice work. I know how much work it is working with twill. You can check out my work right here on the Canucks jersey http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?sho...=243&st=580

Execellent job on the Canucks jersey; nice reproduction.

I used some metallic silver tackle twill on one of my jerseys. Unfortunetly, I had the iron too high and I melted it a little in a couple places. With the metallic twill I have, it seems to melt at lower temperatures than the regular tackle twill.

Execellent job on the Canucks jersey; nice reproduction.

I used some metallic silver tackle twill on one of my jerseys. Unfortunetly, I had the iron too high and I melted it a little in a couple places. With the metallic twill I have, it seems to melt at lower temperatures than the regular tackle twill.

I use a piece of wet cotton cloth, like an old bed sheet or so, to cover everything. I never "touch" polyester with a hot iron.

• 1 month later...
Cool! Then all you'd need is a version of the image in vector format, fire it off to the embroiderer, and you gots patches!

Sounds like you have a lot of experience with embroiderers. I'm looking at making hockey jerseys for my gaming community. I would like to know where to start looking to make a couple custom patches for the chest as well as shoulders. Right now we have less than 5 people interested, but hopefully we will get a few more. If not, I'll probably end up ordering a few blank ones to sell later on.

By the way, Crimson - your custom jerseys are impressive!

Sounds like you have a lot of experience with embroiderers. I'm looking at making hockey jerseys for my gaming community. I would like to know where to start looking to make a couple custom patches for the chest as well as shoulders. Right now we have less than 5 people interested, but hopefully we will get a few more. If not, I'll probably end up ordering a few blank ones to sell later on.

By the way, Crimson - your custom jerseys are impressive!

Thanks! I just responded to your PM.

Here are pics of our Mile End Kings Jerseys.

Our home jerseys are SP Blackhawks Alternate

Collegiate horizontal lettering

Pro Block sewn numbers on the back.

Our Away Jerseys ar the Team Cannada Swift Replicas by AK.

Our team logo was designed by a friend of mine.

Pro #s on back and sleeve a la Team Canada.

My only beef with the jerseys are both Goalie Cuts have issues.

The SP sleeves are short .

The AK Jersey sleeves are too long and wide

Villa

post-3-1194820812_thumb.jpg

post-3-1194820923_thumb.jpg

post-3-1194820943_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I must say that I just found this site searching google. My 5 year old son saw the Transformers jerseys and went bonkers!! I must say congrats on a fine job, and if you are ever looking to make a young guy happy, you could tell how I can make him happy with a Bumblebee jersey! It looks like you could have fun with it and my wife is pretty good with a needle!

I must say that I just found this site searching google. My 5 year old son saw the Transformers jerseys and went bonkers!! I must say congrats on a fine job, and if you are ever looking to make a young guy happy, you could tell how I can make him happy with a Bumblebee jersey! It looks like you could have fun with it and my wife is pretty good with a needle!

Bumblebee could look good on the old Bruins "pooh bear" jerseys scheme.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've yet to find shops that have low to no minimum quantities OR shops that'll make logos based on protected imagery. I have a blank jersey that's been waiting for a Cobra logo (from G.I. Joe) for several years now, because I can't find a decent patch maker or embroidery shop that'll take that chance.

I've yet to find shops that have low to no minimum quantities OR shops that'll make logos based on protected imagery. I have a blank jersey that's been waiting for a Cobra logo (from G.I. Joe) for several years now, because I can't find a decent patch maker or embroidery shop that'll take that chance.

Those minimum requirements really bug me as well. They could charge a premium if they wanted for the one off. What's the harm?

• 7 months later...

The storm trooper jerseys are killer!!

Crimson, I'm surprised that an embroidery shop won't do just a one off for you. Most places will bend the copyright rules if it's just for personal use and your not going to make money off it.

I had some patches done for something completely unrelated and I don't remember there being a minimum requirement. Give em a try ... who knows ??

Cheers

Alex