I hope the Pens lose.

St. Patrick

Sorry guys/gals, I'm rooting for the Canadiens (for the first time in my life) to win the series over the Penguins. I'm just sick and tired of hearing about Sid!

Don't apologize. Nobody likes the Penguins.

Yeah, you all heard me. I don't care how many of you there are here! :D

:fight: :fight: :fight: its on! :)

Let me be the 1st to say

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT! :thumbsup:

hopes and dreams. hopes and dreams.

about time the fire started. Its already 2nd round!!

agreed, sick of hearing about Sid, and I'm ready for some new teams in the finals.

I was saying to my friend how this Penguin's team is a lot harder to cheer for than the playoff team from the early 90's. I used to be a Pens fan when I was kid because I loved Lemieux, Jagr, Francis, Coffey, Mullen, etc but this squad... I don't know what it is... It makes it really hard for to cheer for them unless you're a Pittsburgh native. I don't know what it is. Perhaps its just Sid or because Matt Cooke is a ###### or both...

I have to buck this recent trend and say I'm pulling for the Pens - at least as far as representing the East in the finals. I too am sick of Sid, but there are a lot of other guys on the Pens I like (Staal, Orpik, Guerin, etc.) plus I couldn't stand to see Montreal or Philly in the finals representing the East.

In the West, I'm just happy if its not the Red Wings.

In the West, I'm just happy if its not the Red Wings.

Sharks - 2

Wings - ZERO!

The HABlak's played good tonight! ;)

Halak may impress after all.

Wow, I thought I was going to be chastised for not rooting for the Pens. Thank you for the support. I am also hoping that Bertuzzi and the Wings get their Arse's handed to them by San Jose. I don't know what I hate more, the Wings or Todd Bertuzzi.

Six years later, I'm still baffled that Bertuzzi is allowed to be back in the NHL. It bugs me everytime I see him on the ice.

Anyway, of course I am cheering for the Pens but I have my doubts that they will repeat as champions. They don't seem to be playing up to the level that they were last year. Despite some Pens fans thinking the Habs will be a cake walk, I don't feel the same way. After all, they did beat the Caps and even if the Pens do eliminate them; they deserve credit for that much.

Ugh...everyone hates Sid, and I think most of the hatred stems from the NHL making him their poster child. :(

I couldn't imagine rooting for any other team though growing up in Pittsburgh. I remember laying at the bottom of my moms bed when I was either 4 or 5 (not sure which cup it was) watching them win the cup.

Ugh...everyone hates Sid, and I think most of the hatred stems from the NHL making him their poster child. :(

That is a big part of it. Had the Sabres gotten him in the draft, I would likely feel different, but he isn't on my team and he is pretty much shoved down our throats.

As for the playoffs with Buffalo out, down with the Penguins and down with the Red Wings. I don't want either team that has made the Finals the last two years to make it. Give me some new blood. Right now, I am taking the plunge and saying "GO SHARKS".

I want another Wings/Pens final, with the Wings winning this one. If not - I want any team but the Pens to win (even the Hawks).

Didn't we already have that?

Plus everyone knows the Hawks will make it to the finals and then lose, due to the 'Hossa Effect'.

I'm kind of rooting for the Flyers this series but if we lose I want to see the Bruins Blackhawks final.

I know the Hawks dont have any German born players but it's an "original six" matchup.

Oh yeah, I didn't even think about the German players. Isn't Sturm out for the next 6 months?

tonight..

DIE HABS DIE!!!

that is all

Rather appropriate way to close out Mellon Arena.

Awful way to close out the Igloo. Although, it is ironic that the Canadiens were the won the first game there in 1967, and won the last in 2010. :(

It's more disappointing though that the only time a team was awarded the Cup at the Igloo was when the Red Wings won it in 2008. Each time the Pens won, it was on the road. Oh well, let's hope that changes with the opening of the Consol Energy Arena next season!

it pains me to say this, but Go Bruins! 207.gif

that is until the finals when I'll probably be pulling for the Sharks ...

it pains me to say this, but Go Bruins! 207.gif

that is until the finals when I'll probably be pulling for the Sharks ...

Sadly I want the habs to win now that they crushed my pen's :noway:

GO HABS! :doh:

Sadly I want the habs to win now that they crused my pen's :noway:

GO HABS! :doh:

Really? I always want the team that beats my team to lose in the following round. I think the cup's going back west this year anyway, and would be happy with either team winning it (even if it means the Hossa curse ceases to exist :D).