NHL tags and tails guide

what year(s) are the CCMs from that have the red-red-blue (C-C-M) hem line tag?

the links to the pics for these needs updating

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, sorry about that. It's all on Fotki's end though. They've been lacking in images for quite some time now and I really am getting tired of it.

Yeah, sorry about that. It's all on Fotki's end though. They've been lacking in images for quite some time now and I really am getting tired of it.

They moved all their servers to Estonia and according to them the pics are supposed to start coming back online next week. We'll see.

Praise the Lord! That was getting irritating for sure.

Yeah I checked today and most of my stuff is back too. Most.

• 1 month later...

need some help identifying the year of this jersey. Kings - home white - Chevy logo with CCM red/blue hem tag.

bth_IMG_20140111_214039_596_zpsntbevyaq.

Not your typical hem logo for that jersey. What do the neck tag and size tag look like?

I would have guessed mid-80s based on the tag, but that's pre-Chevy logo -- so I have no idea. LAK74 probably knows better than I do in this area though.

yeah that is what is throwing me

the neck tag is the usual ccm maska tag.

IMG_20140111_234515_077_zpsagpm0i53.jpg

If there is a single standard CCM tag without a separate size tag, then you have a replica that is probably from around 1992 to 1994 or so. That hem tag was rarely seen on 90's replicas and may be covering a screened red/white/blue CCM logo, which is what you usually see on replicas of that era.

Edit: Yes, definitely pre-1995.

thanks guys. at least i've got a tighter grasp on the years. need to send off for customization in a bit. only a replica so will use replica patches on it

I have a Red Wings jersey and a North Stars jersey with those logos and wondered when they were from myself. Was in no hurry to get them customized so I never inquired about when they were from until now.

^ Just out of curiosity, is your North Stars jersey the white/green/gold one with the "N" logo, or the white/black one with the "Stars" crest?

I've seen instances where that patch logo was on replicas from the era so it's not THAT uncommon. Mostly though, that specific patch was used in 1983-84 and 1984-85. There were some carry-overs into 1985-86 but usually they were just from recycled jerseys.

Yes, I certainly agree about that patch being used during the mid-80's, especially on gameworns, but in the case of WhiskeyPete's Kings we're talking about a replica of a jersey that didn't even appear until the late 80's and was used primarily in the 90's. Most of the CCM/Maska replica models from that era seemed to have the screened CCM logo.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. New to the site and the forum. I just recently bought my first CCM ( I have alot of Reeboks... real and fake(Ill admit it), starters...), but I just bought a CCM and don't know what I have here. Good price and it was my intro CCM... but I cant find any info anywhere. Ive read through this forum a hundred times hoping to get a glance at something similar or a hint atleast... nada.

I am pulling my hair out. Im assuming its worth squat if I cant find any info what so ever.

PLEASE HELP!!!

post-21350-0-41324000-1393929460_thumb.j

post-21350-0-10659900-1393929461_thumb.j

post-21350-0-79441800-1393929461_thumb.j

post-21350-0-27484100-1393929462_thumb.j

Its that blue neck tag. I know I should've gotten one with a rink tag... but this was a good deal and its a really clean jersey. Blank too... no big deal for me. No idea what Ive got though... and Im the kind of guy that needs to know what Ive got hahaha

You have a legitimate replica jersey made in the late 1990's. The blue neck tag is simply what CCM used on their replicas of that period. The quality of this jersey is every bit as good as the one with the rink neck tag, which was used just prior to the blue one.

No kidding? Well right on man, thanks. Any idea as to how long CCM used these neck tags? I don't see many at all with the blue ones... almost 90% rink tags. This is what led me to believe I bought a flop.

My best guess is that they were used from around 1997-2000. During that period, CCM was making Bruins replicas, even though they did not make the on-ice jerseys for the team. For sure the retail tags were changed in the 2000-01 season when the CCM logo moved from the hem to the back of the neck area.

Yea, didn't mention that, but there is no CCM on the back of the neck. Real nice to see you know your stuff dude.
I love this era Bruins jersey.. how the lines on the sleeve are half cut. Probably my favorite style from the last 30 years.

I know on the inside tag it says "CCM by Maska". Im assuming you would not call this a 'Maska' jersey, correct? Id imagine the neck tag/size tag would need to say that for it to be that step above. Im sure you can tell by now that I am COMPLETELY new to CCM jerseys.... love em though.

Out of curiosity, and if you may have any idea, what do you think the jersey is worth? I have 0% intentions of selling it, but Id like to see if I got it for a good price. Paid $50 flat off of ebay (don't mind telling you guys how much).

• 2 weeks later...

Just outta curiousity guys, how do any CCM, Starter, etc, get designated with a number. Such as CCM 550?

Is this a matter of whether its on ice material?.. era it was made?

All I know are Reeboks and Im tired of them. Too many fakes out there.. seriously like 90% you see on ebay are fake. I know my Reeboks... just not the older CCM or Maska for example... so on and so forth. The tags on page 1 are HUGELY helpful, but Im only in the market for replicas right now and a lot of the tags and what not don't seem to match for replicas. I.e., Eastern or Western Conf. logos next to Starter emblems.

Thanks in advance.

Josh