Lindros vs. Stevens - the thread hijack

bjd624

Gotcha, sensible. I doubt they'll stop though, he was telling me they keep an archive of every year's font disc, which is why they have it.

You love ex-Flyers don't you? Your collection is going to be absolutely insane.

yes i do... i grew up on Renberg (legion of doom) & all them guys... theres alot of times i wish that there were no such things as trades cause i miss so many players.. but yeah what are you gonna do

yes i do... i grew up on Renberg (legion of doom) & all them guys... theres alot of times i wish that there were no such things as trades cause i miss so many players.. but yeah what are you gonna do

I hear ya buddy, we're the same era, you know. Why do you think I'm hunting the Eastern All Star jersey?

John LeClair. Broke my heart when we bought him out...

except for the bum in the middle lol JK!!

later in his carrer lindros proved to be a ###### but you know what prior to that HE WAS A GOD TO THIS CITY!... BEAUTIFUL JERSEYS! sleep with one eye open lol jk

Well then here is a little blast from the past for you....

Legion of Doom

They were quite a treat to watch in their prime....

That's great man! Haha I love that kind of stuff, maybe one day I'll get the Duo of Doom featuring Steve Rucchin set haha.

except for the bum in the middle lol JK!!

later in his carrer lindros proved to be a ###### but you know what prior to that HE WAS A GOD TO THIS CITY!... BEAUTIFUL JERSEYS! sleep with one eye open lol jk

I think Lindros is still feeling that hit from Stevens. I don't think he ever recovered from it in fact!

I HATE Scott Stevens. Also, when I was 12 I burnt a Kaspiritis card and peed on it haha. Those two...tisk tisk.

Yeah Scott Stevens can suck a fat one. I think I might be one of the small group of Flyers' fans that don't hate Big E. Regardless of how the situation ended, the organization has moved on, both Clarke and Lindros have moved on, so I can forgive him too.

And for those who think that we would have won cups with Forsberg and company that got traded, I am not too sure, the Avalanche had Patrick Roy gift wrapped to them, as well as some other key players that weren't involved in that trade, like Joe Sakic.

Eric Lindros was just too much of a force to behold to not like the guy and enjoy watching him play. I am currently working on finding a well priced and tagged version from his rookie season to add the 100 year cup patch to, as well as adding a 97 SCF patch to the existing Nike I own.

ahhem. well this thread is about to get locked.

:fight:

Lindros was a over-paid whinny little b**** boy!. F him and his over hyped carrier. Even as a world world JR he was second string Rice and Fallon.

He didn't amount to much in the NHL. Never broke 50 goals, 100 point ONCE! ZERO CUPS!. 1 heart trophy that's it!. WOW. big deal. oh! a gold metal in 2002 with arguably the most stacked team in the history of ice hockey.

He WILL be easily forgotten! Him AND his concussion pron family. Stevens is a Legend. Lindros is well just Lindros. He has NO LEGACY. Big deal if he was a big dude. A big dude in the NHL? NEVER?!?!?

In fact the only thing people will remember him for is the hit Stevens made on HIM and the insult to the Nords!

If he would of shut his block-head type skull he would of been a Av and actually played on a good team and won a cup or 3 instead of floundering with Philly.

So F Lindros. Stevens > Lindros and the Flyers fans who like him can kiss my dark side too. He wasn't worth a 1/2 his pay.

P.S. Only good thing to ever come out of Philly is The Jedi Mind Tricks

time to get some popcorn, this is going to be entertaining.

I refuse to stand idly by and watch on the best captains of all-time get ripped (from my home town mind you).

I don't recall Stevens getting stripped of his captains spot. not even once! but Lindros....pathetic.

As Stevens said " Just because I'm a physical player, it's O.K. to come at me and do what you want? Hey, it's a hockey game. It's not figure skating. You know what? I can take a hit and I can give a hit. I don't care who it is. No one gets a free ride out there. I don't get a free ride, and no one gets a free ride from me".

DARN SKIPPY!

ahhem. Fire time!

:fight:

Lindros was a over-paid whinny little b**** boy!. F him and his over hyped carrier. Even as a world world JR he was second string Rice and Fallon.

He didn't amount to much in the NHL. Never broke 50 goals, 100 point ONCE! ZERO CUPS!. 1 heart trophy that's it!. WOW. big deal. oh! a gold metal in 2002 with arguably the most stacked team in the history of ice hockey.

He WILL be easily forgotten! Him AND his concussion pron family. Stevens is a Legend. Lindros is well just Lindros. He has NO LEGACY. Big deal if he was a big dude. A big dude in the NHL? NEVER?!?!?

In fact the only thing people will remember him for is the hit Stevens made on HIM and the insult to the Nords!

If he would of shut his block-head type skull he would of been a Av and actually played on a good team and won a cup or 3 instead of floundering with Philly.

So F Lindros. Stevens > Lindros and the Flyers fans who like him can kiss my dark side too. He wasn't worth a 1/2 his pay.

P.S. Only good thing to ever come out of Philly is The Jedi Mind Tricks

I agree, I don't like Lindros, either. He was a monster for a few years, he could fight like a beast and he had great hands, but he had a terrible ego problem and an inability to keep his head up.

Stevens was a punk. I remember him turning down fight after fight. And screw the elbow on Lindros, what about the one to helpless little Kariya? He's a filthy cheapshot who got the job done. I would have loved him on the Flyers.

Anywho, I'm not attempting to argue, I personally don't like either. I don't dislike Stevens because he hit Lindros, I dislike Stevens because he was a sissy and cheap shotted a FLYER. It just so happened to be Lindros.

I agree, I don't like Lindros, either. He was a monster for a few years, he could fight like a beast and he had great hands, but he had a terrible ego problem and an inability to keep his head up.

Stevens was a punk. I remember him turning down fight after fight. And screw the elbow on Lindros, what about the one to helpless little Kariya? He's a filthy cheapshot who got the job done. I would have loved him on the Flyers.

Anywho, I'm not attempting to argue, I personally don't like either. I don't dislike Stevens because he hit Lindros, I dislike Stevens because he was a sissy and cheap shotted a FLYER. It just so happened to be Lindros.

Both hits where clean! %100. no elbows!. I've seen the vids a million times. no elbow. shoulder 1st always.

I think people would like to believe it was Elbow to lessen the blow of watching their favorite player get their head taken off by the best in the game.

Sour grapes it's called I believe.

Both hits where clean! %100. no elbows!. I've seen the vids a million times. no elbow. shoulder 1st always.

I think people would like to believe it was Elbow to lessen the blow of watching their favorite player get their head taken off by the best in the game.

Sour grapes it's called I believe.

You know what, it was a shoulder. He's still dirty, and I hate him. And I don't care if he brought my mom back to life and saved my cat, I still hate him. Fair enough?

You know what, it was a shoulder. He's still dirty, and I hate him. And I don't care if he brought my mom back to life and saved my cat, I still hate him. Fair enough?

Well I admit that Lindros is a better fighter then Stevens. He did win the fight over Stevens but it wasn't much of a fight.

Well I admit that Lindros is a better fighter then Stevens. He did win the fight over Stevens but it wasn't much of a fight.

So can we be BFF now?

screw stevens he played dirty.. great player as johnny said would have loved him as a flyer.. but he was devil more importantly so i hate him even more... to go back and forth is pointless... you like to hum on stevens thats ok im happy for you i like to hate on stevens im happy for myself... lets all move on...

So can we be BFF now?

NEVER!! Muhahahahaha!! BURN PHILLY BURN!!! :hook:

Both of my teams are in the Atlantic division. You do the math! :lol:

Naa. I don't hate Philly nearly as much as I hate Eric Lindros. Not even close.

screw stevens he played dirty.. great player as johnny said would have loved him as a flyer.. but he was devil more importantly so i hate him even more... to go back and forth is pointless... you like to hum on stevens thats ok im happy for you i like to hate on stevens im happy for myself... lets all move on...

Flyers fans talking about dirty..tisk..tisk... :thumbsup:

I HATE Scott Stevens. Also, when I was 12 I burnt a Kaspiritis card and peed on it haha. Those two...tisk tisk.

You're dead to me. :lol:

Why do you want to move on now that you've got your own thread to have at it?

Let's get this started again.

I agree that Lindros sucks and had he stayed a Nordique like he should have been, he'd have a fist full of Stanley Cup rings he would have won in Colorado, IF the franchise had actually moved. Who knows? He may have saved the Nords with his mere presence.

Overhyped and overrated.

Remember when this was $40?

05F.jpg

Well now it's 22¢! Hahahaha!