It arrived today

lafountain

wow and I thought #3 would be the toughie ... #1 was Glen Healy ...

As a loyal NHL2nite viewer, If I had known it was Ray Ferraro, #3 would have been the easy one, I had never heard Ray refered to as the Big Ball of Hate before.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually gonna make it a Graves #12 jersey for a little while but then I realized that you can never have too many Messier jerseys! This one will put me at four.

I'm without a digital camera at my new place, but a 1999-2000 game worn Pittsburgh Penguins Andrew Ference jersey w/ NHL 2000 patch showed up today. I had plans to make a replica into this jersey, but when this showed up on ebay, i couldn't pass it by. First its a size 50 which I find to be very small for a game jersey, especially as I wear a 48 w/o pads but then again I do have 2 inches on him, and the Pro Player tag is covered up by a piece of jersey (most likely a nameplate). It has a rectangle that is sewn and glued over the logo. I'm going to see if there was a reason, the best guess I have is that CCM/KOHO took over when Pro Player went under and they had to scramble for jerseys for training camp, maybe even the beginning of the season, since CCM wasn't originally going to make their jersey, but you think they would have taken the NHL2000 patch off if that's the case. You can see pictures HERE for now.

front.jpg

back.jpg

I've heard of that though. Other companies blocking out logos with material. I'm pretty sure that CCM did that to Oilers Nike jerseys in the late 80's. That's still a sweet jersey though. I like that glacier twill used for the white numbers. Is the name in that stuff too? I had my eye on one like that last week but I went with an old 90's Bruins jersey instead.

Thanks for the confirmation guys, I;m pretty stoked. Its my first NHL game worn and second game worn overall. Not sure if Ill seek out more game worn oo not, but when you can get one for the cost of a replica that's numbered, I had to go for it. And yes, the name is the glacier tackle twill, which I agree is very nice. I'm surprised more teams dont go with it. Heck, I have some Avs jerseys that have glacier twill and some that dont (Pro Player replicas) and it just doesnt look as good without.

Sooo...remember that jersey I was talking about a few weeks back? It showed up today:

Nordiquescirca1988CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

ordiquescirca1988bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I just might be buried with this one! (Sorry Jeff!)

Very nice pick up sir. I feel that the Sakic #88 is a vintage jersey not too many people pick up on and flies under the radar in the obsucre vintage category. I feel like there should be more of these at Avs games, I guess is what I'm trying to say, its a classic jersey of a great player and not the normal thing you see, which gets bonus points in my head. I also didnt realize the Nords only added the red outlines to the numbers in 91, I thought it was way before that.

I guess is what I'm trying to say, its a classic jersey of a great player and not the normal thing you see, which gets bonus points in my head.

Yeah you're absolutely right. I've only seen a handful of reproductions and/or a gamer with the 88 on it. Usually it's the 1991-92 one with 19 and the 75th patch. Also, I think they only started to use the double layer numbers when they switched from the plastic to the twill numbers. As far as I've ever seen, 1991-92 was the first year that they finally broke down and began to sew their kits on. I've never seen a heat-pressed version with the red and blue/white; only the blue/white.

Now is everything on that jersey screened on except the main crest?

Ooh sorry dude...I missed that there. Yeah, the crest is all twill and sewn on but all the customization is heat-sealed on. The nameplate is sewn on though. Actually, one of the edges of the arm 8's is starting to pull up a little. I'll have to put a bit of glue under it to keep it there.

tonBruinscirca1991CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Woo-hoo! I've been looking for this one for a while now. I was disappointed though to find out that the Bruins wore ultrafil jerseys in the 1990 Cup Finals. GAR! I guess it'll have to be an NHL 75th anny one instead. Not a bad second choice and I know it'll make Jeff proud! :D

Woo-hoo! I've been looking for this one for a while now. I was disappointed though to find out that the Bruins wore ultrafil jerseys in the 1990 Cup Finals. GAR! I guess it'll have to be an NHL 75th anny one instead. Not a bad second choice and I know it'll make Jeff proud! :D

Hey, the Bruins did wear airknit jersey during the 1990's finals. I have pictures of a Bourque, Wesley and Moog gamers with the finals patch on an airknit jersey. One thing I just figured out is that Moog's jersey doesn't have the NHL shield in the hem.

I received my order from HockeyAtire.com today. I got myself a nice selection of apparel, but as far as jerseys go, I picked up an authentic Manchester Monarch's purple jersey which will be a Jason LaBarbera jersey in the future and an authentic Portland Lumberjax NLL lacrosse jersey. Its just the white jersey, my next one will be their plaid alternate for sure.

2715935870034358379S600x600Q85.jpg

684.jpg

Well that's just about the most perfect example of a hockey jersey ever made right there. You can't go wrong with putting the NHL 75th patch on it either. Nice pickup.

Very cool pickup...I was unaware he played for them. I do like the look of the devils style jersey w/ those numbers, its simple and effective. Whats he up to these days?

Front of Mogilny

DSC_0007-1.jpg

It's interesting that the front logo of the Mogilny jersey wears the "C".