It arrived today

lafountain

Nice Giroux pick up. He's the man in Philly right now. Very nice customization. Who did that?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Giroux pick up. He's the man in Philly right now. Very nice customization. Who did that?

Thank you, and agreed. I love Giroux, I've been waiting for him to come alive.

As for the customization, Philly Express. They did a phenomenal job on the back, but I'm unhappy because the sleeve font is incorrect. The Flyers use a slightly different font for the sleeves on the black and white jerseys...the font they used on my sleeves was actually a Winter Classic font. I'm attempting to contact them to get that worked out.

Thank you, and agreed. I love Giroux, I've been waiting for him to come alive.

As for the customization, Philly Express. They did a phenomenal job on the back, but I'm unhappy because the sleeve font is incorrect. The Flyers use a slightly different font for the sleeves on the black and white jerseys...the font they used on my sleeves was actually a Winter Classic font. I'm attempting to contact them to get that worked out.

what are the differences? Looking at pics of gamers the numbers on your jersey look exactly the same as on the gamers.

what are the differences? Looking at pics of gamers the numbers on your jersey look exactly the same as on the gamers.

Heh, I already have this written out. Essentially, the font used on my sleeves is the same as the back, and that's only done on the Winter Classic and retro home jersey. Trust me, this is killing me and I wish I were wrong:

Here is my jersey:

http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af117/JohnnyOnTheSpot_album/My%20Collection/?action=view&current=HPIM1610.jpg

http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af117/JohnnyOnTheSpot_album/My%20Collection/?action=view&current=HPIM1605-1.jpg

Here is a game worn Winter Classic to show what I mean:

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4506556&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4546&scId=4546

Here is a game worn White jersey with 28:

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=3420553&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4546&scId=4546

And here is a close up of Giroux's sleeve in game:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/159646/Philadelphia_Flyers_v_Pittsburgh_Penguins_2XIDFiytX0Fl.jpg

If you want the most obvious difference, look at the "8." Mine should be square in the middle, as it is on the game worn sleeves, when it's actually rectangular, making the number appear thinner.

Heh, I already have this written out. Essentially, the font used on my sleeves is the same as the back, and that's only done on the Winter Classic and retro home jersey. Trust me, this is killing me and I wish I were wrong:

Here is my jersey:

http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af117/JohnnyOnTheSpot_album/My%20Collection/?action=view&current=HPIM1610.jpg

http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af117/JohnnyOnTheSpot_album/My%20Collection/?action=view&current=HPIM1605-1.jpg

Here is a game worn Winter Classic to show what I mean:

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4506556&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4546&scId=4546

Here is a game worn White jersey with 28:

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=3420553&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4546&scId=4546

And here is a close up of Giroux's sleeve in game:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/159646/Philadelphia_Flyers_v_Pittsburgh_Penguins_2XIDFiytX0Fl.jpg

If you want the most obvious difference, look at the "8." Mine should be square in the middle, as it is on the game worn sleeves, when it's actually rectangular, making the number appear thinner.

Ahhh ok I see it. hopefully they'll fix it up for you.

I hope so, it's killing me haha. Probably more than it should.

Looks great to me. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. :thumbsup:

I have OCD. I'm losing sleep already haha.

Stop the press! That picture you have of Giroux's sleeve in the game is from 2008-2009 ie: Marty Biron to the left. I suggest you look at the Chris Pronger 2009-2010 white set 1 jersey on Meigray.com. Looks like the #2 on his jersey is the same font as the one on your Giroux jersey. Take a look. Sorry now completely computer savy so don't know how to do the link. I thought that the Flyers moved to that font for 2009-2010. Not sure about the #8. Did they put the name on an Edge material nameplate? It looked shiny like twill in the photo. If the numbers are right, and they appear to be to me, then they should fix the nameplate if it is twill. Let me know. I love an obsessive compulsive flyers jersey conversation any day of the week. I have a Pronger Winter classic from the game. Worn during the photo shoot and during warm ups. He was actually interviewed by Darren Pang in the jersey I have. So I know first hand about the font your talking about. There are photos of the jersey on my webshots link.

I know for a fact that the flyers use the "Winter Classic font" on their home orange jerseys as well. Still looking for a close up of Giroux's sleeve from the 2009-2010 photos on Flyers.com.

I know for a fact that the flyers use the "Winter Classic font" on their home orange jerseys as well. Still looking for a close up of Giroux's sleeve from the 2009-2010 photos on Flyers.com.

It's different. I've looked up pics from Getty from the playoffs and the numbers on the white's are different then what's on his jersey.

I found one. And it looks like you're right. They must have a different font for the black and white jerseys. It drive me nuts. Don't get me started on the "A"'s on the white Stanley Cup jerseys they are wearing now. It's the version that they used in the 1980's through the late 1990's. But for the home game last night the orange jerseys had a different font "A". The same one they have worn all year on the white road and home orange jerseys. I guess that is why I buy game worn or game issued jerseys. At least you know the font and materials will be accurate. However, if you don't change it, it will be fine. Looks great the way it is.

rob77ta, I wish you were right. While I don't know about the name plate, I think that the picture on Meigrey is just skewed. Check these out from Game 2:

101308844_slide.jpg

101308990_slide.jpg

And the winner:

101309212_slide.jpg

Still sad over here...but thanks for the help regardless.

EDIT: I was late haha. Yea. I think it's nice, but if I can get it fixed I want to. And trust me, if I could afford gamers, they'd be mine. Once I graduate law school I'll worry about that haha.

Where did you get an authentic for that price anyway?

Where did you get an authentic for that price anyway?

Skate Zones around here. If I can't get it fixed I might just sell it if you're interested haha.

52. Heh, I still don't know if I'm selling it...only if they refuse to fix it.

They will probably fix it or offer you a new one. They are pretty nice there. I would probably ask them to do another one because if those #2's are a different size, you don't want to see any residue. I think the font for the winter classic is a bit larger than the one you're looking for. Those older style #'s should be about 4 and 1/4 high. I think the winter classic font is closer to 4 and 1/2.

They will probably fix it or offer you a new one. They are pretty nice there. I would probably ask them to do another one because if those #2's are a different size, you don't want to see any residue. I think the font for the winter classic is a bit larger than the one you're looking for. Those older style #'s should be about 4 and 1/4 high. I think the winter classic font is closer to 4 and 1/2.

Are you talking about the Skate Zone fixing it or Philly Express? I contacted the guy at the SZ who forwarded my e-mail to PE, he knows I'm insane so he didn't want to touch it haha. I really don't think they'll give me a new jersey unfortunately...I mean I wish but I can't see that happening.

Oh, and I just checked, it doesn't seem like they heat pressed the numbers on, only sewn. I assume that would make it pretty simple to remove, correct?

If you go inside the jersey can you pull the sleeve material away from the numbers? If so you can probably strip it. It's that glue residue that leaves the unsightly marks. If you cannot pull the material away from the numbers don't touch it (I was reading your other post about stripping the jersey) because you're going to have a real hard time getting the numbers off. If they were heat pressed on before they were sewn, they won't come off for you.

If you go inside the jersey can you pull the sleeve material away from the numbers? If so you can probably strip it. It's that glue residue that leaves the unsightly marks. If you cannot pull the material away from the numbers don't touch it (I was reading your other post about stripping the jersey) because you're going to have a real hard time getting the numbers off. If they were heat pressed on before they were sewn, they won't come off for you.

Yea I just did that, it pulls. I think it's only sewn. Score. Do the stitching holes leave any mark?

Also, who were you referring to earlier, Philly Express or the Skate Zone?

I know with the 2.0 material (air-knit) on the sleeves an iron on a low setting would remove any impressions or thread holes. You have the knit 1.0 material there. I have never stripped one of those. Not sure if an impression will be left. Earlier I was referring to the skatezone. I can't see why they could'nt take yours back and offer you a new one to be customized correctly. They would probably sell the one you have now quickly to the untrained eye. But keep in mind if you strip it you will most likely be stuck with it. I would ask for a new one and find another place to customize it. However, ask for your $75 back. Did you find out about the nameplate. Is it twill or that Edge material?

I know with the 2.0 material (air-knit) on the sleeves an iron on a low setting would remove any impressions or thread holes. You have the knit 1.0 material there. I have never stripped one of those. Not sure if an impression will be left. Earlier I was referring to the skatezone. I can't see why they could'nt take yours back and offer you a new one to be customized correctly. They would probably sell the one you have now quickly to the untrained eye. But keep in mind if you strip it you will most likely be stuck with it. I would ask for a new one and find another place to customize it. However, ask for your $75 back. Did you find out about the nameplate. Is it twill or that Edge material?

Twill, but I could care less about that to be honest. I kind of like it. I pick my battles haha.

The only problem I might get is the fact that I bought it from Voorhees and got the customization done through the Northeast. And they don't sell authentics with customization. I might ask him what he can do, he's pretty nice guy. I'm going to wait to hear back from Philly Express first.

I just e-mailed the manager of the Northeast shop and asked him about my options, so fingers crossed!

I see where that may be a problem. Let me know how it turns out. I wish I could go and get one of those. Problem is I need a 58 or 60 if I plan on wearing it and I've never have seen those sizes at the skatezone. Thats a good price though for an authentic. In my opinion the Stanley Cup patch looks better on the road white jersey. Remember the squeaky wheel always gets the new jersey with proper customization!