It arrived today

lafountain

Finally got around to taking pics of the jerseys I've acquired over the last month or so.

First up is the blanks:

capitals_red_blank_sm.jpgflyers_black_blank_sm.jpgislanders_navy_blank_sm.jpgthrashers_navy_blank_sm.jpgrangers_starter_liberty_sm.jpg2000_navy_allstar_sm.jpgwc_usa_white_sm.jpgcanadiens_alt_blank_sm.jpgbombers_alt_blank_sm.jpg

The Caps is an Edge 1.0 team-issue from MeiGray (the patch was purchased from another collector).

The Flyers, Isles, and Thrashers are all 6100s. The Rangers Starter Liberty was a steal at $30.

The 2000 All-Star and 1996 World Cup are both authentics. I'll have another post here in a bit with my recent customized acquisitions.

Edit: The postman dropped off 2 more from RiverCity's sale right after I posted this.

Edited by akteon

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now for my "sloppy seconds" follow-up post with my customized recent pick-ups:

1996-97 Tomas Sandstrom authentic

pens_sandstrom_f_sm.jpgpens_sandstrom_b_sm.jpg

2006-07 Sean Avery authentic

avery_rangers_blu_f_sm.jpgavery_rangers_blu_b_sm.jpg

2008-09 Fredrik Sjöström game-worn Graves Night jersey

sjostrom_graves_front_sm.jpgsjostrom_graves_back_sm.jpg

I received two today that I've wanted for awhile

Both Bruins,

The first has a bittersweet taste in my mouth....The year was 1997 the place was the NHL Entry Draft and Al Coates of the Flames stood up to the Mic and drafted....Daniel Tkaczuk...Two picks later The Bruins drafted.....

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2840.jpg

The Flames were debating between Samsonov and Tkaczuk, but since they already had a small body in Fleury at the time....they went towards Daniel

The other.....I dont know in whose world this is in "Good Condition" I dont think the photo does justice to how beat up this is.

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

Matt, is that the Shoe gamer that was listed on gameworn.net a few weeks back? Very nice.

Yes - the one from the person who thought it was "mesh" and you corrected them.

It was the biggest risk of my jersey collecting career, I got it on eBay fairly cheap on an auction with no pictures. The seller did send me blurry cellphone pics. I decided to go for it when the MeiGray number was correct and the Graves patch matched the one on my Staal warm-up. I was very relived when it arrived totally legit with full documentation.

And from waaaaay out in left field, I give you a game worn Estonia jersey.

2367106860100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2232555590100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

eBay? I was really tempted to get it, despite my Pittsburgh hatred, because of the Thunderbird connection. I should have but the gf was in the room at the time lol

Yep. Been looking for an authentic in this one for a while now, and the price was right. The seller actually accepted my offer which was less than the Buy It Now price so not too bad. Glad your gf was in the room or the jersey might not be in my closet. :lol:

And from waaaaay out in left field, I give you a game worn Estonia jersey.

2367106860100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2232555590100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

That from this year? If so Promotion never looked so good :thumbsup:

(and yes I do follow all 4 levels of the tournament to know what teams advance and fall ;) )

That from this year? If so Promotion never looked so good :thumbsup:

(and yes I do follow all 4 levels of the tournament to know what teams advance and fall ;) )

nope. its from 05,06 or 07.. the newer tacklas have the little grey IIHF logo in the collar area..and the jersey designs are completely different. http://www.iihf.com/channels0910/wm-iib/pictures.html

some of the IIHF jersey designs will change next year.. well. ive seen a few prototype drawings..

Jeff you picked out a good player to acquire a gamer of!.. quite the representation for his country!

http://www.eurohockey.net/players/show_player.cgi?serial=7982

I was told my Estonia jersey was worn in 2006 and 2007 at the Division 1 level. I'm in no way trying to get a jersey from every country, and try to limit myself to traditional hockey countries that at least participate in the Top Division of the World Championships on occasion or the Olympics.

Every now and then I make an exception just because I really like a jersey and this was one of those times. I like the "heraldry" of the three lions. Probably because it reminds me of England. I have a few other jerseys that I've bent my rules for, like Iceland. About the only ones I'd currently consider are Hungary, Romania and Belgium.

This came in today....Super fast Shipping from the UK

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

Not a jersey but a 25 dollar coupon for a MeiGray group Game Worn jersey! Woo I'll save this for the summer sale :)

when does the sale start?

IIRC?

oh, ha

I thought it was some other game worn site.

Jeff, I'm digging the Eesti jersey! I actually got one of those worn in this years World Championships from our favorite IIHF guy Anthony. I too love the lions on the front BUT I love even more you referring to them as 'heraldry'. That's just awesome. :D

Great pickups from everyone, especially BurnabyJoe and akteon. I have a couple from a WHILE back that I still haven't taken pictures of. Although it will be kind of superfluous seeing as one of them is a 2001 World All-Star Hejduk, which looks STRANGELY like one of BJC's recent pickups. :lol:

Congratz Aaron on your $25 coupon from MeiGray. :thumbsup:

So, you are Aaron and gave "Ron Francis" as the correct answer? :D

hey what can I say I know my hockey trivia! And am very lucky in when I refresh my browser!

And yes that is my name.

EDIT: And you got it wrong! It was "Ron Francis?" As I didn't want to look it up and waste time so I wasn't actually entirely sure when I answered.

Just bought my second Game Worn Jersey of my Life....

Nashville Predators Rich Peverley. He is a small guy, size 54, so i'd be able to actually wear it from time to time.