It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Authentic!

I saw a guy at the Rangers game last night with that Afinogenov jersey on. I thought it was odd since the Senators were in town. I doubt it was an authentic too!

• 1 month later...

New in my collection. Jersey arrived today. All I had to do is sew the lettering kit onto the jersey

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2873644090054115799hBvgWK

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2111394650054115799nGqCMY

Good-looking Lindros jersey there, JAV!

My Perreault All-Star replica jersey made it here today...

perreault94.jpg

The hanger and my mediocre photographing skills don't do it justice. Another spot-on numbering job by IJ. :thumbsup: I provided the Coyote patch. I will wear it tonight when the Canucks visit. I love this jersey, the colors are extraordinary.

Very nice jerseys by both of you.

Nice All Star jersey. what kind of material was used for the nameplate on the jersey?

The color matches the jersey perfectly, so perfectly that I didn't even look at that. It looks like the standard nameplate fabric, not an aerodynamic Reebok nameplate is there is such a thing :D . Maybe one of the paid professionals here can give you the exact answer.

I'm impressed with the fact that the E's on the name were the exact style as used in the ASG and not a basic stock-font which you would probably get elsewhere.

Wow - really beautiful. I'm getting jealous of all these new jerseys.

In the spirit of this thread...it arrived today!

EasternAllStarcirca2007-vi.jpg

EasternAllStarcirca2007b-vi.jpg

I've become a fan of this new style. I really like what they did with it.

Nice jerseys guys, except that Leafs one(just kidding). My new Sabres jersey came Wednesday, and I have to say its awesome. I'd only ever bought jerseys at the Flames Fanattic before because I had a discount, but the jersey so well done I may abandon them altogether. Its a new-style blue Pominville jersey. I'm too lazy to take pictures so far, maybe tomorrow. Great job IJ.

I am just bouncing off the walls right now!

I sent out a huge box of about 30 jerseys. It took 4 months to get them back, but what a day when they all arrived. Christmas in March!

Some highlights include;

Gretzky Los Angeles Kings "Burger King" alternate from 96

Meloche Cleveland Barons 1977(!)

Selanne Finland World Cup 2004

Kovalev Russia World Cup 2004

Jagr Czech World Cup 2004

Sturm Germany World Cup 2004

Lemieux Canada Throwback World Cup 2004

Kolzig Germany World Championships 2005

V. Tsyplakov Belarus Salt Lake 2002

M. Gerber Switzerland Salt Lake 2002

Rolston USA Lillehammer 1994

Gretzky Canada World Cup 1996

Lemieux NHL All-Star 1992 Throwback style

Bouchard Chicoutimi Sanguneens

Bouchard Houston Aeros

Gretzky NHL All-Star 1996

Hull St. Louis Blues 1991-92

Sertich Colorado College 2004-05

Bonin University of Minnesota Throwback 1992-93

and...

P. Bure Russia 1998 Nagano Olympics Unused style.

2aa3_1.JPG

The story behind this one is the previous Minister of Sport died (ie: "assassinated") just before the Olympics and the Russians then didn't want to have anything to do with the old Minister and anything associated with him so they rejected the proposed jersey style and instead stuck with the style used for the 1996 World Cup. This happened so late in the process that the jerseys had already reached retail stores and turn up on ebay from time to time. All the retail ones were done as Fedorov, so to be different I went with Pavel Bure.

This is also the order that included the Hartford Whalers Fantasy Alternate that I posted earlier.

You can tell that I like my International Hockey. I went to the World Cup games in St. Paul 2004 and bought a lot of the jerseys in Grand Forks, ND while at the 2005 World Juniors for 50% off at the end of the tournament.

Broke but happy,

JeffB

We need pics!!!!

JustAnothaVictim & Brilliant! nice pickups

JeffB: We must have pics especially of that Colorado College Jersey.

• 2 weeks later...

My Sabres authentic arrived today... except it wasn't authentic - it was counterfeit. Take a look at these:

Picture021.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture024.jpg

This entire album shows little details that are off on the jersey - mostly stitching and the way the labels are attached. Oh, and the CCM tag the guy left on the inside.

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r50/Mach_9/

My Sabres authentic arrived today... except it wasn't authentic - it was counterfeit. Take a look at these:

Picture021.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Looks like a regular authentic jersey to me. CCM belongs to Reebok now that´s why they put a CCM tag in the jersey. the jersey was made by CCM for Reebok. remember that this is the jersey's first season. so don't worry, you have purchased a real authentic Sabres jersey.

Looks like a regular authentic jersey to me. CCM belongs to Reebok now that´s why they put a CCM tag in the jersey. the jersey was made by CCM for Reebok. remember that this is the jersey's first season. so don't worry, you have purchased a real authentic Sabres jersey.

The jerseys not the right weight or anything though... and I don't think that CCM tag is inside my other RBK authentics. The fight strap on this thing is really small and soft. The stitching all seems very rushed and messy. Everything seems off - everyone who's looked at it in person so far doesn't thing it's an authentic. The labels all seem to be attached very cheaply as well. I mean, I could be wrong, but it just seems like a really horrible product, even if it is a real authentic - if it's a real jersey, than I've got a huge bone to pick with RBK. Now you've got me doubting myself and I wish I had another Sabres authentic in hand so I could compare the fabric and stuff (the jersey itself is so different from other jerseys that I can't compare it to say a Washington or Colorado authentic).

The jerseys not the right weight or anything though... and I don't think that CCM tag is inside my other RBK authentics. The fight strap on this thing is really small and soft. The stitching all seems very rushed and messy. Everything seems off - everyone who's looked at it in person so far doesn't thing it's an authentic. The labels all seem to be attached very cheaply as well. I mean, I could be wrong, but it just seems like a really horrible product, even if it is a real authentic - if it's a real jersey, than I've got a huge bone to pick with RBK. Now you've got me doubting myself and I wish I had another Sabres authentic in hand so I could compare the fabric and stuff (the jersey itself is so different from other jerseys that I can't compare it to say a Washington or Colorado authentic).

Don't worry, they used some new material for the back of the jersey. I think it's called dazzle mesh or micro mesh. I have the same jersey (I´m wearing it right now) with the same CCM tag. Also my Preds and Leafs authentics from Reebok have that CCM tag. My game worn Leafs and Coyotes jersey have a Maska tag, Maska belongs to CCM. The only thing I find pretty cheap is the NHL shield in the hem. The last season's authentics from Reebok have the old NHL shield embroidered in the hem prepared for the 04-05 season but they used the jerseys for season 05-06 and so all the jerseys got the new NHL shield as a small patch sewn over the old embroidered NHL shield. I hope with this info you are prepared if you ever get a Reebok jersey from that season

This entire album shows little details that are off on the jersey - mostly stitching and the way the labels are attached. Oh, and the CCM tag the guy left on the inside.

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r50//

can't get through to your album. I have to log in with your screen name and password