It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh i know, I'm still in shock, I figured it would run me a good $100 like my Lightning one did to get another. My first one is kind of a cool story too, where I found it in a pro shop of a rink I was at, with a price tag of $100, which I was willing to pay, only to see it was 50% off, which I still consider a steal, especially brand new. The funny thing is too, that the seller sent me an email saying, "got your payment today, thanks alot, let us know when you get the jersey" or something to that effect, which made me laugh, beucase I'm not quite sure they knew what they had. Every hockey jersey they had was $32.99 Buy it Now, some were a great deal at that price, others not so much.

EDIT: I just got back from my friend's place where he has been getting my shipped to since my mom seems to think I have some problem. He had a white late 90s Maple Leafs jersey that was used and isnt all that white anymore. I'm gonna give it a good wash, but for $10 it looks like it might go in my hockey bag for drop in. I'd rather have a good looking jersey to put a name on than this that smells like someone smoked 10 packs a day. He also had my Panthers 3rd from the late 90s, which is a Starter Authentic. Its a 52 and fits smaller than my 48 Dallas Stars 3rd, but its a good fit so thats cool. Thats going to be a Joey Tetarenko Tranining Camp jersey.

On Wednesday I went to a local hockey stores Annual Tent Sale (Great Skate). Every year old blanks and lettered jerseys of traded/retired players are sold very cheaply (Blanks 2 for $40 or $23 ea. & Customized 2 for $60 or $35 ea.). The only blanks they had were the Avs 3rd (Have a Wolski already). The Selection wasn't as good in years past for the customized jerseys. But I managed to pick up this beauty for $35:

SmythFront.jpg

SmythBack.jpg

The only other jersey they had that I was thinking of getting was a White Canucks Jovanovski but I passed.

Enjoy the pics!

On Wednesday I went to a local hockey stores Annual Tent Sale (Great Skate). Every year old blanks and lettered jerseys of traded/retired players are sold very cheaply (Blanks 2 for $40 or $23 ea. & Customized 2 for $60 or $35 ea.). The only blanks they had were the Avs 3rd (Have a Wolski already). The Selection wasn't as good in years past for the customized jerseys. But I managed to pick up this beauty for $35:

SmythFront.jpg

SmythBack.jpg

The only other jersey they had that I was thinking of getting was a White Canucks Jovanovski but I passed.

Enjoy the pics!

I am JEALOUS!!! Nice pickup! :thumbsup:

I agree on the Oilers pick up. I think that whole set, including the 3rd, were very sharp. I don't get why the get so much flack vs. the royal/orange. I understand the history, but that is a great way to keep the history and update it in my opinion.

I had the old light blue NHL bedding that had the Oakland Seals and Atlanta Flames logos on them, back when there were 16 teams. I LOVED those sheets/pillow cases, etc, but I was only like five or six. I was hoping I would find a pic of that bedding somewhere on the internet. Everyone would get a kick out of seeing those.

It's a replica. All jerseys with the tag on the sleeve are replicas. Also, CCM no longer supplies the authentics. That being said, it's still a nice jersey.

It's a replica. All jerseys with the tag on the sleeve are replicas. Also, CCM no longer supplies the authentics. That being said, it's still a nice jersey.

That's exactly what I thought... just making sure.

Thanks.

Got home from work and on the couch there was a box waiting for me. In the box was this.

IMGP0080.jpg

Currently unlettered/numbered but I will eventually get that changed.

Who are you wanting to get put on there? The Devils have many good options.

I will be putting Mogilny 89 with the A on it and the JM patch. Not the most common name to put on a Devil's jersey, but he was always one of my favorite players.

I will be putting Mogilny 89 with the A on it and the JM patch. Not the most common name to put on a Devil's jersey, but he was always one of my favorite players.

Good choice! If I ever get a Sabres vintage jersey I'd be putting his name and number on it. By far he's one of my all-time favorite Sabres.

Good choice! I debated on getting a Sabres vintage jersey and putting his name and number on it. By far he's one of my all-time favorite Sabres.

Same here, when they had the line of Khmylev - LaFontaine - Mogilny they were so fun to watch. 2 of my all-time favorite players on that line in LaFontaine and MoGo. I was extremely disappointed when he was dealt to Vancouver, but overall I would like to think that the trade did workout for Buffalo considering Peca did do quite a bit of good for them.

Got these two today. DesertRat will love these:

yotescirca1996Starterauthentic-vi.jpg

Islanderscirca1995CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Nice pickups, especially that Phoenix Starter authentic!

Got home from work and on the couch there was a box waiting for me. In the box was this.

IMGP0080.jpg

Currently unlettered/numbered but I will eventually get that changed.

GAH! Get it away from me! Ahhhhhh!

IMGP0080.jpg

"Got home from work and on the couch there was a box waiting for me" :o

Maybe you should lock your door, i would not trust the mail-man or UPS guy to just walk in. :lol:

Mogilny you say......?...............cool, he was one of the greatest, i have the Buffalo home white/blue Authentic with the ole 89 on, not many teams can´t beat that jersey .......Alex ruled!

Same here, when they had the line of Khmylev - LaFontaine - Mogilny they were so fun to watch. 2 of my all-time favorite players on that line in LaFontaine and MoGo. I was extremely disappointed when he was dealt to Vancouver, but overall I would like to think that the trade did workout for Buffalo considering Peca did do quite a bit of good for them.

Lafontaine made me a Sabres fan when I was a kid. Then I heard about Mogilny and his 76 goal season and figured that guy must be amazing. All the stars that I grew up learning about (Hawerchuk, Lafontaine, Andreychuk) were all Sabres. I liked them from that point on.

speaking of lafontaine who was my favorite player growing up... i finally picked up a rangers 3rd jersey off of ebay, no doubt i have to go with patty for this one

Welcome to the board JasonPonty. Great pickup on the Rangers jersey.

Got this today:

nCapitalscirca1996CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Capitalscirca1996bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

And yes Bondra autographed it there on the '1'. You would not BELIEVE what I paid for this. I almost felt guilty when paying the guy who sold it to me. Then I saw how amazing it was and felt a little bit better!