It arrived today

lafountain

Got this today:

nCapitalscirca1996CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Capitalscirca1996bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

And yes Bondra autographed it there on the '1'. You would not BELIEVE what I paid for this. I almost felt guilty when paying the guy who sold it to me. Then I saw how amazing it was and felt a little bit better!

Great pickup! I always liked that Capitals jersey and hated to see it go by the wayside. Autographed Bondra, can't go wrong with that.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes Bondra autographed it there on the '1'. You would not BELIEVE what I paid for this. I almost felt guilty when paying the guy who sold it to me. Then I saw how amazing it was and felt a little bit better!

Not sure what you mean......was it cheap, or was it expensive?

Not sure what you mean......was it cheap, or was it expensive?

...and how much did you pay for it?

It was AMAZINGLY cheap. I only paid 61 bucks for that beauty. Like I said, I almost felt guilty since the dude selling it was selling it because he was out of work with a broken leg(or so that's what he wrote in the auction anyway). Either way, it was quite the steal.

Nice pick up sir, I too was watching that, and while I have that style jersey, and dont need a Bondra jersey for any reason, I sat there watching thinking, how can I not bid?? Its almost too good to be true. You have to bid!! Its weird then number of auctions we have both had our eyes on. Great pickup at a great price.

Even it Bondra didn't sign it, that was a good deal on that jersey. The federal blue one was the best Caps jersey from that era. Of course, they scrapped that one first. :rolleyes:

Even it Bondra didn't sign it, that was a good deal on that jersey. The federal blue one was the best Caps jersey from that era. Of course, they scrapped that one first. :rolleyes:

Yeah you said it. That was the only jersey I liked when they changed over in the 90's. That was the jersey they won the Eastern Conference in when they beat Buffalo.

And who says I'm a predator?? I would've paid more...it's just those other schlubs either didn't realize what a find that was or didn't know how to bid properly...yes, that'll do.

rkRangerscirca1993CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I FINALLY found an authentic CCM Rangers jersey. This one's getting Matteau on the back.

Wow, give me that one. ;) I'm still looking for one to add to my collection... A Messier Stanley Cup finals jersey

What size is it?

Got these today:

edatorscirca1998Bauerauthentic-vi.jpg

I FINALLY found an authentic CCM Rangers jersey. This one's getting Matteau on the back.

Of course you're putting a 94 Stanley Cup Finals patch on it right? :)

My next one is on its way, the 2007 black Ducks authentic! One I've been after for quite some time and finally decided to bite the bullet and get. Should be here on the 7th. :)

Got these today:

edatorscirca1998Bauerauthentic-vi.jpg

Couple of very nice ones you got there Brilliant.

Nice Haul!

Wow, give me that one. ;) I'm still looking for one to add to my collection... A Messier Stanley Cup finals jersey

What size is it?

HA! You wish! That was a lucky find actually. It was a Buy It Now auction that had been listed for a couple hours. I saw it and swiped it!

And to answer the other question, I don't think I'll put a Cup patch on it. I want it to be the Matteau jersey that scored against Brodeur...that and I don't have a '94 Cup patch!

I wanna say $70. I don't remember now because I bought it about 2 and a half weeks ago. The girl who sold it wasn't home at the time the auction ended so it took her a few extra days to actually ship it to me and THEN it had to sit at the post office ALL WEEK because I couldn't get out of work early enough to go and get it before 5 until yesterday. Talk about frustrating.

Yeah as far as I know, the Rangers wore mesh jerseys up until 1999-2000 when Pro Player took over. From then on it was the air-knit jerseys. But what do you mean by darker blue? Was there a color difference on their older jerseys?

Yeah as far as I know, the Rangers wore mesh jerseys up until 1999-2000 when Pro Player took over. From then on it was the air-knit jerseys. But what do you mean by darker blue? Was there a color difference on their older jerseys?

I've always thought if you look at the blue jerseys since they went to this particular style (with the white, red, and white scheme together and at the hem of the jersey), they are lighter than the ones they wore during the Cup year of 94 and prior. Those jerseys from the 90s have always looked darker to me.

While it didn't technically arrive today, I got it today finally, so it gets added to the list. For my birthday, I pretty much laid everything out for my mom, so her job was easy. The major attraction this year, was an Oklahoma City Blazers jersey. On their website, you can get a blank jersey, or for $5 more, get a customized jersey. I had my mom phone them to order, find out about the jersey, etc. I wanted a Marty Standish jersey, as his a favorite here in Portland from his time with the Hawks. I had her ask how the name and number were applied and if the A could be added since he wore it. They told me it was twill just like the players, and the A would be added if they could, they were not sure. So about a month ago the jersey arrived, and I finally opened it a few hours ago. I was all excited as I looked at the front, turned it over and went "What????? That's Bush....thats ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Bush League!" as I discovered heat pressed name and numbers (slightly crooked at that) on the back. I went off as I've been known to do, and had to explain to my mom, it wasn't anything she did, but them, and I really liked the gift, they just didn't send me what I was told was coming. So now I have to call them, and I'm sure all sales are final, so I'm gonna have to try and get this fixed. I cant just live with it with the wrong style numbering (the screen printed are fatter than real ones :(), and the wrong font for the record. Not only did they not add the "A" but they didnt even do sleeve numbers (which looks like will be a blessing for getting it re customized,) but still if you are gonna do a job, even a crappy one, do it right.

Anyone know the font they use on the real jersey here? Looks kinda like the old Hartford font, as its really wide at least on the sleeves, but its not exactly the same.

2116266420034358379S425x425Q85.jpg

2083688070034358379S425x425Q85.jpg

2146005010034358379S425x425Q85.jpg

2374753600034358379S425x425Q85.jpg

2617813900034358379S425x425Q85.jpg

I think and extra $5 for customizing should have sounded some alarms with anyone familiar with the normal cost of having a name and number added. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Too bad the team themselves would do such a horrid job.

That was my thought too (I'm pretty sure they didnt even charge us the $5). It seemed to good to be true, thats why I was with my mom as she was asking questions on the phone as I'm so particular on jerseys (like all of you) that I know what I want and don't want to even seen screen printed. I'm going to call them Monday and see what can be done, but I'm very bummed since we were told that the jersey would be done with tackle twill just like the players wear, but no not even close. What sucks is its my word against theirs, so we'll see. The fact it came directly from the team would also lead you to believe it would would be done by the books, even if we hadn't asked all the questions. Like I said, I think it is salvageable, but its going to be more work than it should have been, either way.

That was my thought too (I'm pretty sure they didnt even charge us the $5). It seemed to good to be true, thats why I was with my mom as she was asking questions on the phone as I'm so particular on jerseys (like all of you) that I know what I want and don't want to even seen screen printed. I'm going to call them Monday and see what can be done, but I'm very bummed since we were told that the jersey would be done with tackle twill just like the players wear, but no not even close. What sucks is its my word against theirs, so we'll see. The fact it came directly from the team would also lead you to believe it would would be done by the books, even if we hadn't asked all the questions. Like I said, I think it is salvageable, but its going to be more work than it should have been, either way.

Man that really sucks. I hope you get it fixed! The Blazers have nice jerseys. I too think that coming from the team, it would've been higher quality.

I hate to add to the negative feel of this thread right now but I sent my red Hurricanes authentic out last week to get the Cup Finals patch sewn onto the chest. I brought it in to the place and asked if they could do it. The lady there showed me an example of their stitching and I was pleased to see they used the zig-zag pattern so I let them do it. I picked it up today:

icanescirca2006Reebokauthentic-vi.jpg

Looking good...until:

stitch-vi.jpg

BALLS! She didn't zig-zag it...instead she straight-stitched it. I mean, it looks good but it's not the right stitching. Talk about frustrating. Is there anything I can do about this now?