It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to add to the negative feel of this thread right now but I sent my red Hurricanes authentic out last week to get the Cup Finals patch sewn onto the chest. I brought it in to the place and asked if they could do it. The lady there showed me an example of their stitching and I was pleased to see they used the zig-zag pattern so I let them do it. I picked it up today:

icanescirca2006Reebokauthentic-vi.jpg

Looking good...until:

stitch-vi.jpg

BALLS! She didn't zig-zag it...instead she straight-stitched it. I mean, it looks good but it's not the right stitching. Talk about frustrating. Is there anything I can do about this now?

Heck yea. You can either take it back and let them know they didn't use the type of stitch you need, not prefer, NEED it to be. If you specified a zig-zag stitch when you brought it in, they should redo it at no cost. If you did not make your preference known, then you may have to pay them to do it over.

Your other option is to get a "seam ripper" at Target or a fabric store and carefully slide it under the stitching they did and pop the thread and work around the patch to remove it yourself if they plan on charging you extra to do that. Then just bring them both back and say that the stitching should match the way the numbers are sewn on. Since you are going to have it sewn back on to the same spot, you have no worries about leaving a scar on the jersey either.

I've brought back patches to my sewer for alignment problems, wrong stitch and puckering of jersey fabric over the time I've been bringing stuff to her. Sometimes I pay her again, sometimes it's on her to make it right depending on the situation.

No matter what, you don't have to live with it that way and it just takes a bit of care and patience to remove the patch if you are the one who ends up doing it.

I have to bring it back and talk to them about it when I bring them my next jersey. I didn't specify I wanted zig-zag because when the girl behind the counter showed me a sample of how they stitch, it WAS zig-zag. I just assumed it would all be the same but I guess I shouldn't have.

I read your post wrong the first time. I envisioned you bringing it to the sewer, as in the the curbside drain. Or maybe one of those underground mole people sewed the patch on. Then the light bulb (not one of those CFL ones, either) went off. :wacko:

Heh...sorry dude but I'd only be doing that with the Fishsticks jersey I have. :P

I got a couple spiffys in the mail today to boost moral around the camp:

canescirca1998Starterauthentic-vi.jpg

therscirca1996Starterauthentic-vi.jpg

anuckscirca2006Reebokauthentic-vi.jpg

nuckscirca2006bReebokauthentic-vi.jpg

Yes it is stitched. I've been burned a couple times before with the old mesh style Rangers jerseys but I finally got the authentic I was looking for in that one. It's on its way up to IceJerseys right now to get Matteau on the back.

I'm not sure yet. I might put a name on the Panthers one but I'm not sure if I'm keeping two Hurricanes jerseys. I have two of the same Starter version so I'm thinking about selling one of them. I don't know yet. I'd like to get one of the 1997 Panthers on the back of that particular one since it's the 1997 version of Starter jerseys. It's too bad Skrudland didn't play in that Rangers-Panthers series because I'd love to have both captains' jerseys.

I'm not sure yet. I might put a name on the Panthers one but I'm not sure if I'm keeping two Hurricanes jerseys. I have two of the same Starter version so I'm thinking about selling one of them. I don't know yet. I'd like to get one of the 1997 Panthers on the back of that particular one since it's the 1997 version of Starter jerseys. It's too bad Skrudland didn't play in that Rangers-Panthers series because I'd love to have both captains' jerseys.

what sizes are the Canes jerseys?

The 'Canes only wore one version of the Starter jersey. Surely a man of your caliber should know that already! :thumbsup:

Here's some shots of the tags:

I wasn't quite sure about that because I never had a Starter Canes before.

Heh...I'm just busting your balls dude. No worries. If you're interested then by all means let me know. I'll make you a good offer considering I didn't pay much for it.

Heh...I'm just busting your balls dude. No worries. If you're interested then by all means let me know. I'll make you a good offer considering I didn't pay much for it.

I was thinking about it but I'd rather have a red Koho jersey taht I can customise with #10 Francis.

Well I decided to make the drive south to the Blueline at Nationwide Arena today for the new CBJ jerseys. My original intention was to buy a home Edge. When I got there, I compared the Edge to the Premier.

1. The screen print shoulder patches look and feel better than I thought.

2. The Edge jersey has a collar with stich binding in the direct back, whereas the Premier has a solid 1-piece collar.

3. The Edge is much lighter weight than previous Authentics, and so is the Premier, which is even lighter weight.

4. Edge-Canada Premier-Indoniesia

5. The Premier does not have a solid bottom hem. It has side slits like a football jersey. And the jock tack is also like a football jersey.

6. The Edge is almost 2 1/2 times the price.

After a few minutes, I made a decision. I bought a home and road Premier for less than what I planned on spending for one Edge. It came down to this, was having tackle twill shoulder patches worth the price. No was the answer. I have over 60 authentics, and probably 3 times that many replicas, and this whole "Edge" project has worn me down. I don't think that I have the need for authentics at this price. I think I finally found the breaking point. I have Lake Erie Monster AHL replicas on order, and then I probably will be done for a while. But I would recommend that if any of you are on the fence between Edge and Premier, try to see examples of each before you make a decision. Then when you do, you'll be happy with it. I am with mine. But I get the feeling that a few of you will probably really want to go with the Edge. In that case, go for it. Sorry that I can't post pictures, but I'm a little worn down today. . . .

Well I decided to make the drive south to the Blueline at Nationwide Arena today for the new CBJ jerseys. My original intention was to buy a home Edge. When I got there, I compared the Edge to the Premier.

1. The screen print shoulder patches look and feel better than I thought.

2. The Edge jersey has a collar with stich binding in the direct back, whereas the Premier has a solid 1-piece collar.

3. The Edge is much lighter weight than previous Authentics, and so is the Premier, which is even lighter weight.

4. Edge-Canada Premier-Indoniesia

5. The Premier does not have a solid bottom hem. It has side slits like a football jersey. And the jock tack is also like a football jersey.

6. The Edge is almost 2 1/2 times the price.

After a few minutes, I made a decision. I bought a home and road Premier for less than what I planned on spending for and Edge. It came down to this, was having tackle twill shoulder patches worth the price. No was the answer. I have over 60 authentics, and probably 3 times that many replicas, and this whole "Edge" project has worn me down. I don't think that I have the need for authentics at this price. I think I finally found the breaking point. I have Lake Erie Monster AHL replicas on order, and then I probably will be done for a while. But I would recommend that if any of you are on the fence between Edge and Premier, try to see examples of each before you make a decision. Then when you do, you'll be happy with it. I am with mine. But I get the feeling that a few of you will probably really want to go with the Edge. In that case, go for it. Sorry that I can't post pictures, but I'm a little worn down today. . . .

Well congrats Rabinsurance as the first owner of one of the new style jerseys on this board, that I am aware of anyways (excluding the All-Star jerseys from last year). My pre-order should be here in a couple weeks, and I will have my Premier replica. The cost is a big deterrance on the new authentics, and I only have 3 of the previous style authentics anyways, so it wasn't a huge deal to me for the most part. I personally am hoping that in a couple years the price of the new authentics and replicas both come down a bit.

Well congrats Rabinsurance as the first owner of one of the new style jerseys on this board, that I am aware of anyways (excluding the All-Star jerseys from last year). My pre-order should be here in a couple weeks, and I will have my Premier replica. The cost is a big deterrance on the new authentics, and I only have 3 of the previous style authentics anyways, so it wasn't a huge deal to me for the most part. I personally am hoping that in a couple years the price of the new authentics and replicas both come down a bit.

Thanks, lafountain. Maybe one day we'll see the price of the Edge sub-$200. Maybe at that point I'll change my mind.

Thanks, lafountain. Maybe one day we'll see the price of the Edge sub-$200. Maybe at that point I'll change my mind.

So are you gonna get that Jackets jersey customized? If so, who is going onto it?

So are you gonna get that Jackets jersey customized? If so, who is going onto it?

Nah, I'm not a customized type of guy. With all I have, I've never had a jersey lettered for me, I've bought a few that were already done. With the CBJ, I wouldn't put anyone on a jersey this year because I think that no one is safe this year. Just my opinion. But I love reading about what a lot of you guys go through with your customizations. I really like the attention to detail that I've read about.

At CoyotesFest 2007

on Saturday, I took the plunge on an authentic white jersey. I spotted my wife and I (look for a Western All-Star jersey) on that slideshow.

coyotes08-w1.jpg

The price of the jersey? The going rate. Since it's my team and I wanted to get one sooner rather than later, I did it. Most of my wardrobe is sports jerseys, I'm sure I'll get my money's-worth of use of this jersey. The crest still uses the faux-suede on the bottom of the coyote mouth. The brick shoulder yoke makes that jersey look so good. The sleeve stripes are each seperate panels, which I hope you can detect in the picture, not colors worked in to the jersey base...

coyotes08-sleeve.jpg

There was a presentation in the press room, where the new uniforms were explained. I walked away very impressed by the Edge product.

I don't anticipate owning many more Rbk Edge jerseys at these prices, but I wanted to have at least one of these by opening night. They looked THAT good on the ice. The more I see the screenprinted shoulder patches, jock tag in front and V-slit sides (which scream, 'this is not the authentic model'), the more the Premier turns me off. In the slideshow, you may notice that when the players are signing autographs or playing the game show (as Gratton and Boynton are), they're wearing Premiers. The shiny screenprinted logo looked tacky and was the first thing I noticed.