It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well actually I'm pretty sure it was changed for 97-98 because I've seen those game-worn Canucks jerseys with the All-Star patch and they have that newer CCM tag on them.

IMGA0135a.jpg

IMGA0137.jpg

The AHL is also going the Edge/Premier route this year. This is the home (AHL is white at home unlike the NHL) jersey of the Lake Erie Monsters (Cleveland, OH). They are the top affiliate of the Avs. This is a replica. The roads are yet to be shipped, and hopefullly Edge authentics will be available at the home opener on Saturday. The AHL premier is similar to the NHL, with some key differences:

NHL-Indoniesia /AHL-Canada

NHL-Front jock tag / AHL-NO front jock tag

NHL-Sewed-on screened shoulder patches / AHL-Heat sealed-on screened shoulder patches

NHL-league logo on front collar /AHL-league logo on rear middle hem

NHL-RBK vectors on rear back neck and left sleeve / AHL-RBK vectors on rear back neck and middle rear seam

As for this actual jersey, I like it. The Avs logo is on the right shoulder, and the Monster logo is on the left. The crest "M" is actually the secondary logo. Colors fit with the Avs (parent club), and the Cleveland Cavaliers (owners of the team).

I got this in the mail today:

apleLeafscirca1999CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Absolutely beautiful.

I like the shiny underarm gussets, I didn't realize that they had those.

The leaf shoulder patches from those seasons should never have been changed.

Yeah I know what you mean. The only better jerseys I thought the Leafs had besides this one were the ones they wore BEFORE this one with the white stripe along the shoulders and arms. Didn't the Leafs use the mesh underarms when Nike did the jerseys too? I thought they did. And the numbers were kinda oversized weren't they? I seem to remember them taking up a lot of the back.

I got this in the mail today:

apleLeafscirca1999CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Absolutely beautiful.

Going to be a Sundin, right? It's not often you want to pass on the chance to put #13 on a jersey.

Going to be a Sundin, right? It's not often you want to pass on the chance to put #13 on a jersey.

After last night- I would recommend Blake for that one- he looked amazing!

Indeed...this has to be someone who was on that Northeast Division Champion team. I'm kinda leaning towards Kaberle...not sure why exactly.

I sent out my Panthers jersey last week to get my 1996 Finals patch sewn on and I went and picked it up today.

aPantherscirca1993CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

She did me good and used the zigzag pattern so it looks great!

Indeed...this has to be someone who was on that Northeast Division Champion team. I'm kinda leaning towards Kaberle...not sure why exactly.

I sent out my Panthers jersey last week to get my 1996 Finals patch sewn on and I went and picked it up today.

aPantherscirca1993CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

She did me good and used the zigzag pattern so it looks great!

*sigh* Memories :) On the serious side though, that Panthers jersey looks nice! Any idea about putting a name on there?

And to answer your previous question, yes the Leafs did have the mesh underarms when Nike did the previous jerseys.

IMGA0139.jpg

I got this today at Quicken Loans Arena. It's a RBK Edge Authentic Lake Erie Monsters road jersey. This is the first Edge that I've owned. I usually buy size 52, I like the jersey to be loose and I almost always wear a mock-neck shirt underneath. After wearing the Premier that I got yesterday, I had a gut felling I should go a bit bigger, so I bought a 54. I'm very glad I did. The shoulder patches are incredible compared to the Premier. Shame, becaus that's the only complaint with the replica. I can't wait until Saturday! A season without a team was far too long.

I got this today at Quicken Loans Arena. It's a RBK Edge Authentic Lake Erie Monsters road jersey. This is the first Edge that I've owned. I usually buy size 52, I like the jersey to be loose and I almost always wear a mock-neck shirt underneath. After wearing the Premier that I got yesterday, I had a gut felling I should go a bit bigger, so I bought a 54. I'm very glad I did. The shoulder patches are incredible compared to the Premier. Shame, becaus that's the only complaint with the replica. I can't wait until Saturday! A season without a team was far too long.

:thumbsup: Nice jersey and not a bad parent club you got there either.

:thumbsup: Nice jersey and not a bad parent club you got there either.

I'm quite happy with that, too! I like both shoulder patches! BTW, if you have a dish with the sports pack, FSN Ohio is showing some games, starting Saturday at 7:30 Eastern.

Got home and had this waiting for me today.

OvechkinPremierFront.jpg

OvechkinPremierRear.jpg

I got it on preorder from the Caps, I am actually quite impressed with the jersey and the work that the Caps did on the customization.

How are the numbers and name? Are they screenprinted like the secondary logos?

Nope, the Caps preorders (if they were ordered directly from the Caps and not from the NHL) were dual-layered tackle twill sewn onto the jersey. (Just the way it should be)

Nope, the Caps preorders (if they were ordered directly from the Caps and not from the NHL) were dual-layered tackle twill sewn onto the jersey. (Just the way it should be)

Awesome! Good to see they can do the customization right like it should be. That's a really nice looking jersey.

That's a nice lookin' sweater! Glad to see they didn't bungle your customization. I really wish I could get over those heat applied secondary logos on the sleeves, it would save me a lot of cash on getting an edge replica instead of auth.

As for your jersey Brilliant!, I think I still prefer those over what the Panthers have done with 'em this season. I saw them last night here in Tampa, and the piping just doesn't do it for me. On the plus side, they did look better against my Bolts than they have the first 2 games. Glad Holmqvist brought his A game or the match could have gone a lot differently for us. 30 saves? Yikes. Looks like your backup netminder Anderson isn't too shabby either. You guys should put up a good fight this season in future matchups.

Got home and this was stuffed in the mailbox. Not too happy that it was stuffed, but no damage so not the biggest deal.

IMGP0023.jpg

IMGP0021.jpg

This is the team Kovalchuk played for after the lockout, while he was negotiating with the Thrashers. He was threatening to not play in the US after he signed with Khimik but ended up reaching an agreement with Atlanta. This also marks the only time that I know of that in Russia he wore #17. There was a player on the team already wearing 17, but after Kovalchuk signed and said he was going to play games for them, the other player gave Kovalchuk 17.

Got this amazing blue beauty today:

Nordiquescirca1992CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

This might be the best jersey I've ever received. Oddly enough, it's got Craig Wolanin's number 6 on the arms and back but not his name. I'm having that removed though.

Nice Nordiques jersey.

This was delivered today. My Spartak Kovy jersey. Now the Russian team portion is done (unless I decide to add the homes afterwards)

IMGP0024.jpg

IMGP0025.jpg