It arrived today

lafountain

Brill...it's a size 50...the smallest size left...

Zoom...The material is pretty good...very lite in weight and is quite stretchable to fit over equip. The beadaway is pretty neat too but they limit it to only the front side and the sleeves of the jerseys. the back and rib area don't have the treated material which was a bit disappointing

When you say "50, the smallest size left", do you mean that's the smallest they have in stock, or you think that's the smallest Reebok makes in the Edge authentic. Because, technically the smallest size for edge is a 46.

All in all, nice sweater though!

Sad to hear about the bead away only being some places and not others...how can you tell where it is and where its not?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

compaired to the premiers, the the only big difference are the sleeves on the authentics...they're are more baggy...even if I had a sweater on it would still run down my arm if I raised them up haha.

Fin...they don't feel durable at all. the material seems to be a bit thinner than the older stuff and I don't think it's as strong as the old CCM stuff.

TB..yeah i know there's a 46 out there but the local place I had had 50 as their smallest size and it seemed to fit alright so I went with it...and as for the beadaway...well I had to try it myself and see how it worked so I sparyed water on some parts of it haha. Found out that if you sprayed the water hard enough on the beadaway material...it will go through

Haha, well, I guess that's one way to figure out what's Bead Away and what isn't! Saves me the trouble of having to do that when mine gets here!

(But I probably still will)...

It's a type of treatment that RBK used on the jersey....the fabric doesn't absorb water...it just "beads" off it and rolls off the jersey....it's like those stain proof pants that Dockers made or like when you have a very very hot pan and you pour a bit of water in it and it just hovers there

here's a picture that i happened to have took when I first got it...(sorry if it's large, don't have PS on my laptop)

DSC08614.jpg

I have 2 Edge jerseys, both AHL Lake Erie Monsters. I bought 54's, and they fit like 52's on the old 6100's. The arms are much more narrow, I miss the re-inforced elbows. I would always recommend a size larger than the old style.

It's a type of treatment that RBK used on the jersey....the fabric doesn't absorb water...it just "beads" off it and rolls off the jersey....it's like those stain proof pants that Dockers made or like when you have a very very hot pan and you pour a bit of water in it and it just hovers there

here's a picture that i happened to have took when I first got it...(sorry if it's large, don't have PS on my laptop)

DSC08614.jpg

Well, at least now you'll be able to wear the new jerseys outside in the rain! Unlike the old ones which absorbed water.

Speaking of which, would you recommend me against wearing my old air-knit jersey in the rain? You know, the 97 Nike Hextall? Say it was drizzling during game day. Bad idea? How about heavy rain? Even badder idea?

It arrived at my house when I came home from school today! It is a CCM version.. not the KOHO that was told I would be receiving. Im happy about that.. I like th CCM logo on the back and left sleeve anyway. One thing that confused me was the Canadian flag on the size tag.. I saw a CCM replica without it.. so I was wondering if some had it and some didn't. (My blue Jagr has it so.. I knew it was all good) This jersey is B-E-A-utiful!! Im in LOVE with it.. and I cant wait to show it off tomorrow.

Here are the pics:

Jersey001.jpg

Jersey002.jpg

Jersey003.jpg

Jersey004.jpg

Jersey006.jpg

I plan on sending it to IJ in Dec to get Lundqvist's name on the back.

Most CCM and Koho replicas were made in Canada, somewhere in Quebec I believe, and they had the Maple Leaf flag on the tag. Some were made in Korea, and have just a regular tag, stating that it was "Made In Korea". The Korean made ones are slightly different. The crests and logos are sewn on, not heat pressed like the Canadian ones. I have a CBJ and Maple Leafs Koho/CCM 550's made in Korea. For the 06-07 season, all 550's were CCM, IIRC. From 2000-06, whites were CCM, darks and thirds were Koho. I would guess that your jersey, BlueShirt, was made in the last year to year-and-a-half. That's why there may have been some tag confusion. Same jersey, same plants, same build, etc.

I have 2 Edge jerseys, both AHL Lake Erie Monsters. I bought 54's, and they fit like 52's on the old 6100's. The arms are much more narrow, I miss the re-inforced elbows. I would always recommend a size larger than the old style.

Thank you! I have been trying to find out how the 52 of the 6100's matched to a 54 Edge. Now I know for sure to go with 54, now I just need to get sold on putting up with this lightweight fabric instead of the cozy 6100's.

Most CCM and Koho replicas were made in Canada, somewhere in Quebec I believe, and they had the Maple Leaf flag on the tag. Some were made in Korea, and have just a regular tag, stating that it was "Made In Korea". The Korean made ones are slightly different. The crests and logos are sewn on, not heat pressed like the Canadian ones. I have a CBJ and Maple Leafs Koho/CCM 550's made in Korea. For the 06-07 season, all 550's were CCM, IIRC. From 2000-06, whites were CCM, darks and thirds were Koho. I would guess that your jersey, BlueShirt, was made in the last year to year-and-a-half. That's why there may have been some tag confusion. Same jersey, same plants, same build, etc.

Oh okay... thanks a lot man. So im very happy that this jersey is one of the newest made.. and probably one of the last batches made of its kind.

What a beauty aint she? :rolleyes:

Oh okay... thanks a lot man. So im very happy that this jersey is one of the newest made.. and probably one of the last batches made of its kind.

What a beauty aint she? :rolleyes:

You should see the Starter authentic from 1997 that I have, it is one of my all time favorites, with mesh material. I think others here have that also, Brilliant does, I think. Just great. You don't have to be a Rangers fan to like this one.

Thank you! I have been trying to find out how the 52 of the 6100's matched to a 54 Edge. Now I know for sure to go with 54, now I just need to get sold on putting up with this lightweight fabric instead of the cozy 6100's.

I'm almost afraid to wear one out yet due to this reason. I'm not sold on this "state-of-the-art" material yet, either. I've worn a Premier replica to the game so far.

But yes, if you liked size 52 on the 6100's, definately go with 54 on the Edge. When I bought the first one, I had both in my hand and something told me to go with the larger size. When I got home, boy was I glad.

You should see the Starter authentic from 1997 that I have, it is one of my all time favorites, with mesh material. I think others here have that also, Brilliant does, I think. Just great. You don't have to be a Rangers fan to like this one.

Oh yeah.. I've seen it. It looks soo awesome. But im happy with the replica ya know? I couldn't find it anywhere and I finally did.

Oh yeah.. I've seen it. It looks soo awesome. But im happy with the replica ya know? I couldn't find it anywhere and I finally did.

There is nothing better than coming home after a long day and finding a box waiting for you with a jersey that you cant wait to get your hands on. I know that feeling very well. Hope you enjoy! :thumbsup:

The structure of the material looks like Ultrafil, doesn't it?

BTW, awesome quality on the that pic. What camera did you use?

yeah it sure does look like it...I noticed the material on the back which doesn't have it is almost like the material used in the previous years by CCM and RBK

I'm currently using a Sony T11 Cybershot

Here are my latest arrivals from the customizers.

DSC_0087.jpg

A. 1998 North America All-Star Gretzky

B. 1997 Eastern All-Star Gretzky

C. 1999 North America All-Star Gretzky

D. 1996 Eastern All-Star Lemieux

DSC_0089.jpg

A. 2004 World Cup USA Chelios

B. 1991-92 Blackhawks Turn Back the Clock Chelios

C. 2002 Eastern All-Star Lemieux

D. 2002 Salt Lake Olympics Team Canada Lemieux

DSC_0090.jpg

A. 1998 NHL All-Stars Skills Competition Dallas Stars Modano w/USA Flag patch

B. 1996-97 New York Islanders Fisherman Palffy w/ Islanders 25th patch

C. 1998 NHL All-Stars Skills Competition Vancouver Canucks Messier w/98 All Star & Canada Flag patch

D. 1991-92 Los Angeles Kings Gretzky w/NHL 75 & Kings 25th patch. In addition, this jersey was the only year the Kings wore 3 color names and 3 color numbers.

DSC_0091.jpg

A. Early 80's CCCP Fetisov (in cyrillic) with Captain's "K". I've always wanted a jersey with a "K".

B. 1994 Italian National Team Orlando

C. 1996-97 Toronto Maple Leafs Sundin w/Maple Leaf Gardens 65th patch

D. 1996-96/96-97 St. Cloud State Mark Parrish back

DSC_0092.jpg

A. 1976-77 Cleveland Barons Meloche

B. 1996-96/96-97 St. Cloud State Mark Parrish front

Here are my latest arrivals from the customizers.

DSC_0087.jpg

Holy **** at the 94/97 ASG jerseys. Those are my favorite all-star jerseys of all time, thanks in part to the Fox Sports robots.

Definitely a great pickup there.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ljDf2him23I

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kSb_5PHRb1w

Ah, those were some good times. Good times indeed.

Awsome stuff...I've been looking for one of those 1999 ASG jerseys for sometime and neat choices going with the Skillscomp jerseys...makes me sorta feel like getting another kariya jersey for it haha

For those of you not familiar with it, the 1998 All-Star Game in Vancouver was the first North America vs. The World format and during the skills competition, each player had his home countries flag added to his club jersey, the one and only time that was done.

Click here for the rosters of who was there. Unfortunately, I don't see Kariya's name listed for that year's All-Star Game.

The Europeans wore their white club jerseys, while the North Americans wore their dark jerseys. I'm not aware of any alts being worn.

All the patches were worn in the usual right chest location for patches except for a few cases, like Vancouver who already had their All-Star game patch there and moved the flag patches up to their right shoulder, in the case of Messier and Bure. The Red Wings wore their VK/SM Believe patches under the flag.

click here for photos of the event.

So far I've done Shanahan (Wings), Messier (Canucks), Modano (Stars) & Gretzky (Rangers) from the North Americans, and Selanne (Ducks), Hasek (Sabres), Jagr (Penguins), Bure (Canucks), Sundin (Maple Leafs), Palffy (Islanders) and I'm considering my options for Koivu (Canadiens) and Alfredsson (Senators) for The World.

I also had some replicas that were made in Indonesia, they similar to the canadian ones with the heat pressed logos...

Today I got a Blue Jackets replica for a "customer" that is made in Indonesia and seeing it on the tag it reminded me that I had another Indonesia replica before.

For those of you not familiar with it, the 1998 All-Star Game in Vancouver was the first North America vs. The World format and during the skills competition, each player had his home countries flag added to his club jersey, the one and only time that was done.

Click here for the rosters of who was there. Unfortunately, I don't see Kariya's name listed for that year's All-Star Game.

You are correct that Kariya was not in the 1998 All-Star Game as that was the year he only played in 22 games after suffering a concussion. He was on the 1996, 1997, 1999, and 2000 All-Star Teams. I would have figured that he would have been on more than just 4 All-Star Teams.