It arrived today

lafountain

Those are nice jerseys DesertRat and Brilliant! That Lombardi jersey looks really good and I like what the flag patches do to the overall look of the jersey. If I see a Sanford or Lombardi jersey roaming around Jobing.Com Arena, I'll know who it is. :D Here's hoping that West All-Star jersey turns out to be a Vrbata. ;)

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allow me to address all the comments at once.

Thanks for the kind words, trust me, they look better in person.

The Sanford and Lombardi ones are the respective last names of my wife and I. Those were purchased and numbered by IJ. I wore the Sanford one and wy wife thought it looked strange me wearing a jersey with her last name. :D Chances are you won't see either at the arena, I don't wear the jerseys of other current NHL teams there, although I almost wore my early 70s Penguins away jersey the other night, just in honor of the Winter Classic.

The Ballard was numbered at ArtCraft Embroidery here in Phoenix, who does the Coyotes game jerseys. I will wear that one at tonight's game vs. Anaheim.

I purchased an Everett Silvertips jersey (replica, looks identical to that authentic) about a few weeks ago. I wanted to buy from their team's website, but their credit card transactions are not secure, so I went elsewhere. Finding the number font was difficult, but I think I nailed it down ("Denmark" font). I printed out any photographic evidence, brought it to ArtCraft and they are working on making my Peter Mueller 88 jersey. I have yet to see one at the games. I see Mueller Coyote jerseys, but I wanted to go deeper. I have an idea for the next rarity, to be commenced sometime in a few weeks.

I recently customised my Pens jersey. It's a Starter 96-97 Mesh jersey, Made in USA, size 58-R. I re-hemed it just like the did on Mario's game jersey.

PIT_Lemieux_96-97_away_front.JPG

PIT_Lemieux_96-97_away_back.JPG

Very nice jersey.

I had no idea that Pittsburgh has a Starter heavy mesh jersey! Are they hard to come by?

Very nice jersey.

I had no idea that Pittsburgh has a Starter heavy mesh jersey! Are they hard to come by?

Actually the mesh version was never sold in stores. They were made for the players only but I was lucky to find it on ebay.

Rat, I agree with the other comments, especially the Lombardi jersey, I really like how that one looks. As for the Mueller Tips jersey, it didn't hit me until you said that was your plan, which isn't like me I should have put two and two together. The Silvertips really have a sharp jersey collection. The one you have is really awesome as is the alternates they introduced a few seasons back. If I wasn't a Winter Hawks fan, I would nab one of those up in a hurry. I attend Silvertips games when I get the chance and Mueller was obviously a fan favorite and you would see a few Mueller Coyotes jerseys last season but now that he plays for the Coyotes full time I'm sure that number has jumped, especially since he is the fist Tip in their 5 seasons to gain a full time roster spot with an NHL club. Anyway, I like the idea a fan at the NHL level having a players junior jersey, as I only get to go to WHL games I see it the other way around, and I had never really connected the idea that you could go backwards in their career instead of forwards. Also, if you have any problems with the font, Protwillmn.com has it in their minor league kits section.

The Sanford and Lombardi ones are the respective last names of my wife and I. Those were purchased and numbered by IJ. I wore the Sanford one and wy wife thought it looked strange me wearing a jersey with her last name. :D

HA! That's pretty wild actually and it's the perfect answer to my question! I'd love to get a jersey with my last name on it but since there's not many of us guidos in the NHL, I don't think it's gonna happen.

I sewed on an NHL 2000 patch to my Sharks jersey today.

oseSharkscirca1999CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Looking good.

The Sanford and Lombardi ones are the respective last names of my wife and I. Those were purchased and numbered by IJ. I wore the Sanford one and wy wife thought it looked strange me wearing a jersey with her last name. :D

HA! That's pretty wild actually and it's the perfect answer to my question! I'd love to get a jersey with my last name on it but since there's not many of us guidos in the NHL, I don't think it's gonna happen.

Looking good.

:thumbsup: Can you post a close-up of both sides of your stitching?

Looking good.

Braver than I...looks good. It's even right? Must be my eyes, seems like the left side is ever so slightly higher than the right.

Looking good.

Wow! How come the teal is so shiny!?!? I love it!

Also, if you have any problems with the font, Protwillmn.com has it in their minor league kits section.

Have you actually bought anything from them successfully?

This is the same person from this thread about the unused Quebec Nordiques jersey I "won" on ebay in June and never received.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?sho...mp;hl=nordiques

I'd tread very carefully or just plain avoid Protwill. He's about as bad as they get. I could post another thread from another board all about him and the trail of frustration and anger he's left in his wake.

Have you actually bought anything from them successfully?

This is the same person from this thread about the unused Quebec Nordiques jersey I "won" on ebay in June and never received.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?sho...mp;hl=nordiques

I'd tread very carefully or just plain avoid Protwill. He's about as bad as they get. I could post another thread from another board all about him and the trail of frustration and anger he's left in his wake.

I have yet to get anything from him, but I thought we had come to the conclusion that the ebay store run under his name was a 3rd party who did his ebay business for him. I sent they guy with the Nordiques jerseys an ebay message asking about his relationship to ProTwillMN and he said he was not them, but would forward my message to them. I've heard about the ebay problems but thought this was a different aspect of the business.

The Ballard was numbered at ArtCraft Embroidery here in Phoenix, who does the Coyotes game jerseys. I will wear that one at tonight's game vs. Anaheim.

I saw you at the game (I think)! The Ballard jersey looks great. I think its time for me to order myself a Hanzal home jersey. :stickhndl:

Are you happy with the work that ArtCraft did on your Ballard jersey? Just wondering your opinion if I should have IJ customize when I buy or just have it done here in town at ArtCraft.

Are you happy with the work that ArtCraft did on your Ballard jersey? Just wondering your opinion if I should have IJ customize when I buy or just have it done here in town at ArtCraft.

If ArtCraft customises the jerseys for the team then you can't get any better source.

Very. One thing about them is they tend to get busy periods and a usual two-week job can take longer. When I picked the Ballard up, they mentioned that they just received an order to do 200 ECHL jerseys (Roadrunners, at least). If you're buying the jersey from IJ, have them customize it, their work is exemplary, too and it's more convenient to have one source take care of all the work on the one item.

I have yet to get anything from him, but I thought we had come to the conclusion that the ebay store run under his name was a 3rd party who did his ebay business for him. I sent they guy with the Nordiques jerseys an ebay message asking about his relationship to ProTwillMN and he said he was not them, but would forward my message to them. I've heard about the ebay problems but thought this was a different aspect of the business.

You are a life-saver! I won't ever buy from them, I was one of their horror stories, but they have the exact picture of the numbering I need for my project, so I will use this resource for what I need. :thumbsup:

The person who runs/is ProTwill was the production half of the ebay ID that was listing the Nordiques jerseys and did not deliver.

He's had at least three ebay IDs that have all been suspended for too many negatives. He's currently listing things on ebay once more, but as usual the feedback starts out fine, giving you a false sense of hope that those sexy, hard to find kits are really going to be available, but check those ratings stars, the lowest one is for delivery time, just a hint that he hasn't changed and the negatives are just one order from YOU away from going bad once more. It's an established pattern that I don't see changing in light of the Nordiques debacle within the last 6 months.

I'm not sure if I should give his current ebay ID, since I don't want to be the one to point you in his direction in case you succumb to temptation and order from him. Even worse, you might get what you want and come back here and say "I didn't have any problems", making others think this is worth the risk, when in the long run, it's not.

Jeff, thanks for the heads up, I guess I didn't fully understand the backstory to the ebay problem. I would never encourage others to test their luck or even myself with a seller who was not legit and up front. I thought it was a 3rd party who had purchased the Nordiques jerseys from Protwill and then when they jerseys took longer to get done than anticipated, he was stuck in a rut and refused to give you the money back. Again, sorry if I muddied up the water, I didnt have the story correct in my head.

Rat, I'm glad I can be a life saver while giving you the bad info! If you have any problems getting that font done, let me know, my old coach is now in their front office and I bet he could be of some help.

Thanks, ben. All I need to do is give them a picture and they replicate it exactly, so I printed out the one from Protwill's site. ArtCraft was able to do the Las Vegas Thunder 3-d numbers from scratch for me a few times, so I think they'll do great.

I got this beauty today.

EDM_Messier_home_front.JPG

EDM_Messier_home_back.JPG

I'm not sure about this one. It's an Authentic from 89-90 with a patch from 88-89. I found a game worn Fuhr jersey which is exactly the same style but the sleeve numbers look slighty different. Then I found Nike gamers with the same patch but the Nike logo in the hem was covered with a piece of jersey material. When exactly did the Oilers switch from Nike to CCM?

I also found an Oilers CCM Authentic mesh jersey with a different hem tagging looking like this but with the NHL shield right next to it:

LA_Gretzky_89-90_home_hem.JPG

What I'd like to know is what part of what season did the Oilers used the CCM mesh jersey with the hem tagging like mine and what kind of lettering was used on those jerseys? Tackle Twill or Nylon/Satin like on their Nike jerseys?

I'm pretty sure that Edmonton jumped from Nike to CCM in 1989-90. I know all the teams started off the season minus the NHL shield on the hem but a lot of them had it added to their jerseys as the year progressed. Perhaps it was done after the decade change. I know that for a fact because I have two authentics(one game-worn) that are from the 1989-90 season that also have the NHL shield on the hem. As for the number issue, that I really don't know since I don't own any of those old Nike jerseys.

When exactly did the Oilers switch from Nike to CCM?

NHLUniforms.com shows that the Oilers wore Nike in 88-89 (the year of the 10th Anniversary patch) and CCM in 89-90 (a Stanley Cup winning season).

This is the Fuhr jersey I found:

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/1094402503048875285fGkXiH

Seems to be game worn and has the same patch and the same CCM tagging in the hem like my Messier. So the patch on my jersey seems to be right. Did they maybe wore the CCM mesh jersey in the first half of the season? I know for sure that they wore airknit jersey at least during the finals.

It also seems like there are tackle twill numbers on that Fuhr jersey...

Had two packages waiting for me when I got home today. 1 was a patch for a future jersey the other was this.

IMGP0045.jpg

Gotta say that the 50 fits a bit better than the 52 for me.