It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks the cost was cheap imo ..Now if I only had the money for a Nordiques gamer..

Heh...yeah I've been tempted more than a few times. I haven't pulled the trigger yet though.

Hardly new arrivals but I did add two patches today:

Lightningcirca1992CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Most people don't know that the Lightning wore the 100th anny patch their first year. I thought it was a good addition.

tarscirca2001WorldCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I put a Russian flag patch onto my World jersey. I'll probably add a player if I can find the team crest to go with it.

Most people don't know that the Lightning wore the 100th anny patch their first year. I thought it was a good addition.

I put a Russian flag patch onto my World jersey. I'll probably add a player if I can find the team crest to go with it.

The Lightning wore a pretty cool font that first year for the names and numbers with that patch, the same font as the Penguins now use, only drop shadowed.

1024520710032823940S200x200Q85.jpg

The second year they used the same numbers, only italicized, which were even cooler, but no patch on front.

1065540517032284402S200x200Q85.jpg

As for the 2001 Russian World jersey, that would be Gonchar (Capitals), Bure (Panthers), Sergei Fedorov (Red Wings), Alexei Kovalev (Penguins) or Sergei Samsonov (Bruins)

Here's your ebay seller, just have to send them a note and see if they have the one you want.

Hardly new arrivals but I did add two patches today:

Lightningcirca1992CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

tarscirca2001WorldCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Love the world all star jersey...

72-73jets.jpg

72-73jetshull.jpg

bobby_hull.jpg

I waited over 3 hours in line and missed most of the Hawks-Coyotes game to get my 1972-73 replica signed because the Coyotes over-RSVP'd :angry:

The Golden Jet got a kick out of seeing the original jersey. Mission accomplished! I think this will have to be a collection piece; I am not sure if the silver Sharpie would hold in the wash.

I waited over 3 hours in line and missed most of the Hawks-Coyotes game to get my 1972-73 replica signed because the Coyotes over-RSVP'd :angry:

The Golden Jet got a kick out of seeing the original jersey. Mission accomplished! I think this will have to be a collection piece; I am not sure if the silver Sharpie would hold in the wash.

Awesome jersey. Did you get a chance to chat with him at all? He was here in town once at our annual Hockey Expo and was telling stories and they ALL ended with "12 stitches here and 8 stitches here - and I didn't miss a shift!" Priceless.

What's the bottom inscription? Hall of Fame 1983. I can't believe they used that funky font for the names back then. It really was the era of block fonts and that looks like something you'd see in today in the minors where they get a little crazier.

I can't believe they used that funky font for the names back then. It really was the era of block fonts and that looks like something you'd see in today in the minors where they get a little crazier.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing...and using a red nameplate too. Tacky, tacky, tacky! Still, that's an awesome Jets jersey. I never knew they actually wore that crest until a few years ago. It's weird to see on the jersey itself but I guess that's because I'm so used to seeing the more popular one.

Desert, that is very very impressive. The jersey itself is already quite nice but the autograph makes it just amazing.

I didn't get to chat with him, not that I was planning to. By that time, I just wanted to get his signature and go back to my seat. They had a funky font for the name, alright. That was the WHA's first season and it was the early 70s, the refs wore red stripes and they played with a blue puck, if I'm not mistaken. Some non-conformity should not have been surprising. The 1972-73 Jets, 1973-74 Nordiques and 1975-77 San Diego Mariners were the only teams to go with a different color name plate (source - whauniforms.com) . Very MOD, to say the least. B)

I didn't get to chat with him, not that I was planning to. By that time, I just wanted to get his signature and go back to my seat. They had a funky font for the name, alright. That was the WHA's first season and it was the early 70s, the refs wore red stripes and they played with a blue puck, if I'm not mistaken. Some non-conformity should not have been surprising. The 1972-73 Jets, 1973-74 Nordiques and 1975-77 San Diego Mariners were the only teams to go with a different color name plate (source - whauniforms.com) . Very MOD, to say the least. B)

Thumbs up to whoever customized it. :thumbsup:

72-73jets.jpg

72-73jetshull.jpg

bobby_hull.jpg

Awsome get right there...did you manage to get one of his McFarlane figure too?

Yes, I got one of those. They were pretty tiny. I'm sure you can find some floating around on ebay. The jersey that the figurine has him in (from the Jets first NHL season, 1979-80) was only worn by him in no more than 18 games.

72-73jets.jpg

72-73jetshull.jpg

bobby_hull.jpg

That's an awesome jersey! Nice to get a signature to it as well.

Just got two jerseys I bought a while ago show up in the mail today. Man shipping from the US takes a while! I'll post pictures soon.

My RBK Edge Flyers Away and my 1995-97 CCM St.Louis Blues Home jersey. I'm going to send both in to IJ to get customized. My Flyers is set on Richards. My Blues jersey i'm thinking of going for the Great One. I've actually wanted to find an away one to put Gretzky on but things didn't work out. What Gretzky jerseys are the most sought after? I'm actually pretty excited to get this one customized.

What order is most sought after?

Oilers

Kings

Blues

Rangers

Just got two jerseys I bought a while ago show up in the mail today. Man shipping from the US takes a while! I'll post pictures soon.

My RBK Edge Flyers Away and my 1995-97 CCM St.Louis Blues Home jersey. I'm going to send both in to IJ to get customized. My Flyers is set on Richards. My Blues jersey i'm thinking of going for the Great One. I've actually wanted to find an away one to put Gretzky on but things didn't work out. What Gretzky jerseys are the most sought after? I'm actually pretty excited to get this one customized.

What order is most sought after?

Oilers

Kings

Blues

Rangers

I would say the original Oilers, not the recent vintage CCM ones, then probably the Blues because he was there for such a short period of time, followed by the Kings considering those are significantly rarer than the Rangers

Definitely the Oilers. The only jerseys Gretzky wore with the Oilers were Sandow SK; good luck with that...and Nike; which will be equally as hard to find.

The Blues one is hard to get since he wore that jersey with the diagonal waist stripe and the angular numbers. I found a Blues Starter replica Gretzky recently that I didn't think twice about paying almost $100 for, but I am OK with replicas if they're done properly.

6100 series Reebok authentic w fight strap 59.99 from Lakeshow on ebay.Gonna send it out and have Sakic put on..One of my favorite Avalanche jerseys

room12-1.jpg

6100 series Reebok authentic w fight strap 59.99 from Lakeshow on ebay.Gonna send it out and have Sakic put on..One of my favorite Avalanche jerseys

room12-1.jpg

Don't you want to add this to my collection? I allow you to. For free? :rolleyes:

Great pick-up. The more I see it, the more I like it

room12-1.jpg

I have this exact jersey and the 10th anniversary patch. My dilemma is that I want to get Sakic customized but how the heck do i put the 10th anniversary patch and the "C" on the jersey?