It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude point me in that direction!!!!!!!!!! please :thumbsup:

I would but I'm pretty sure that it was his only one.

EDIT: Is that the right font on that Sakic jersey? The letters look waaay too wide.

Dude point me in that direction!!!!!!!!!! please :thumbsup:

I would but I'm pretty sure that it was his only one.

EDIT: Is that the right font on that Sakic jersey? The letters look waaay too wide.

Indeed, the letters are way too wide

That's what I'm thinking, it kinda looks like the font they put on the personalized replicas that starter used to sell.

I already complained which is why my other jerseys are going to IJ.

The particular jersey, the 95-96 starter authentic is a superb choice as is the player. I have a size 52 one and love it.

I know, first thing i thought of is i want a first year avs Sakic and 00-01 Koho Avs Roy. Just disappointed with the lettering but whatever. What's done is done, you live and you learn. I would love a smaller size because the 54 is too big but i had a chance to buy it so i did.

My turn!

A 2004-05 Avangard Omsk Jaromir Jagr Lutch home white.

jagr68-1.JPGjagr68-2.JPG

Wanna see this baby in action? Jaromir Jagr (Avangard Omsk 2004-2005) Heck yea!

Avangard won the prestigious IIHF European Champions Cup that year, defeating Finnish Champions Karpat Oulu and future Minnesota Wild goaltender Niklas Backstrom in a dramatic overtime game.

"Avangard" means Vanguard in English by the way.

Well, are the letters stitched on? If they are then you can have them removed and then just put the correct nameplate over it.

They are stitched but not onto a nameplate (another screw up). I'm afraid if they are removed and the nameplate put on that you would see the marks from the old lettering.

My turn!

jagr68-1.JPGjagr68-2.JPG

Wanna see this baby in action? Jaromir Jagr (Avangard Omsk 2004-2005) Heck yea!

Avangard won the prestigious IIHF European Champions Cup that year, defeating Finnish Champions Karpat Oulu and future Minnesota Wild goaltender Niklas Backstrom in a dramatic overtime game.

Those Omsk jerseys are very nice. Nice addition to the collection Jeff.

My turn!

Wow, that's nice! Is that a global_hockey purchase? I only ask because I'm getting one from him soon, and if yours is here, it might mean mine is coming monday. W00t!

Very very sharp looking jersey.

Like the Jagr, I have the black one and love it.

I know, first thing i thought of is i want a first year avs Sakic and 00-01 Koho Avs Roy. Just disappointed with the lettering but whatever. What's done is done, you live and you learn. I would love a smaller size because the 54 is too big but i had a chance to buy it so i did.

I have a 52 and it fits me good but I'd like for it to be bigger, but oh well. I am a bigger guy and it still fits pretty much the same as it did when I was a HS kid. I was ecstatic to be able to get a hold of the 95-96 Avs jersey. Once they got Roy that season, I was hooked on them. Yet its kinda funny...I still need to get an Avs Roy jersey.

*shameless plug...1,000th post!

My turn!

I have that game on DVD, I think. The commentary was in Russian and I was starved for hockey, as the lockout was going on. Tverdovsky played on that team, I think, I'd have to watch it again.

Gotta love Cyrillic letters. One year, I decided to learn to translate that alphabet just so I could read the Russian jerseys. I did not retain that knowledge, though. There are too many Russian letters that count as sounds like "sh", "ch", etc (dipthongs?).

Wow, that's nice! Is that a global_hockey purchase? I only ask because I'm getting one from him soon, and if yours is here, it might mean mine is coming monday. W00t!

Very very sharp looking jersey.

It's from the ebay seller abrom. He's got a lot of the same kind of stuff as global_hockey, but also a lot of game used jerseys. I recommend him, as this is not the first time I've bought from him.

I'm hoping Lutch comes through with one I've ordered from global_hockey. It didn't arrive the last time it was ordered. He sent me a refund but I reordered it. It's a Malkin Metallurg Magnitogorsk 04-05. If it comes through, that combined with my Ak Bars Kazan Kovalchuk will make a nice subset of Russian club teams from the lockout year. <fingers crossed>

I suppose I should look into getting an 04-05 Dynamo since they won the championship that year. Datsyuk and Ovechkin played there that year.

It's from the ebay seller abrom. He's got a lot of the same kind of stuff as global_hockey, but also a lot of game used jerseys. I recommend him, as this is not the first time I've bought from him.

I'm hoping Lutch comes through with one I've ordered from global_hockey. It didn't arrive the last time it was ordered. He sent me a refund but I reordered it. It's a Malkin Metallurg Magnitogorsk 04-05. If it comes through, that combined with my Ak Bars Kazan Kovalchuk will make a nice subset of Russian club teams from the lockout year. <fingers crossed>

I suppose I should look into getting an 04-05 Dynamo since they won the championship that year. Datsyuk and Ovechkin played there that year.

I tried once myself and no luck. I've been looking on ebay and no luck as well. I have 4 Russian Club Jerseys from that year. Ovechkin Dynamo (blue), Kovalchuk Ak Bars (green), Jagr Avangard Omsk (black), Lecavalier Ak Bars (white)

New addition

2107611960102915794S425x425Q85.jpg

2767443330102915794S425x425Q85.jpg

I believe the C and A's on those Canuck's jerseys were 3 colours like the numbers. Will get that changed eventually.

I just switched over to Webshots and now have to transfer everything over from another site which is going to waste alot of my time.

Got this a little while ago but never posted the pictures.

Got this a little while ago but never posted the pictures.

Good one. I bet many people, me included, forget that he even wore that style since he is so strongly associated with the black ones worn during the Stanley Cup winning season.

New additions

I believe the C and A's on those Canuck's jerseys were 3 colours like the numbers. Will get that changed eventually.

I approve of the Canucks Bure jersey. You are correct about the 3 color "A", which will be an easy fix, going right over the spot for the old one.

Those Canucks jerseys are probably second only to the vintage North Stars for The Jersey Most Often Customized by Clueless Idiots™, so it's nice that you got a good one. Just fix that "A" and you're all set. :thumbsup:

New additions

2887665400102915794S425x425Q85.jpg

2107611960102915794S425x425Q85.jpg

2767443330102915794S425x425Q85.jpg

I just switched over to Webshots and now have to transfer everything over from another site which is going to waste alot of my time.

Did you get the Bure for $101 + shipping? If so I might know your eBay name :P