It arrived today

lafountain

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually found it on eBay last week

Last week? How the heck did that slip through my net? Sheesh.

Ebay is maddening sometimes. I probably missed it because it was listed under "NHL - Washington Capitals" rather than some sort of "hockey - other" or "olympics" category.

Heaven knows how much cool stuff I miss out on because of things like that...

That is actually how I found it. I was searching the Caps section and BINGO! there it was. I'm wearing it right now too.

Love that 'Canes authentic too! That needs a 2006 Cup patch if you can find a decent one.

With some great support from Brilliant! I recieved my mid 90's Buffalo Sabres home jersey. I'll sew a Lafontaine lettering kit on it and post some pics later on or tomorrow.

Thank you very much Brilliant! :thumbsup:

Good deal. That was pretty fast actually. Seven days to cross the ocean isn't too bad. I'm assuming my letter kit is waiting for me at the post office since I got the notification in the mail. I can go pick that up tomorrow and hopefully have my Olczyk jersey ready to go by tomorrow night!

That is a really nice Bure jersey. Perhaps you've seen me post this before, but there's one more unusual option you have for that jersey.

When the Canucks hosted the All-Star game in 98, it was the first time they had the World vs. North America format. During the skills competition, all the players wore their home country's flag on their jersey. Bure's is up on his shoulder since the All-Star patch is on the chest where everyone else's was.

Still, it's great just the way it is.

246504.jpg

I also love that bizarro Coyotes jersey. A true classic of the 90's alternates.

Got my lettering kit today and got it all on my Jets jersey!

nipegJetscirca1992CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

ipegJetscirca1992bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I'm very pleased with the way it came out. The only thing is that the 1 is just a tad lower than the 6. Oh well.

yah Jeff, I've seen your album :)

I have another jersey you might get a kick out of. I shall post pictures as soon as it gets here!

Brilliant, you inspire me to want to learn how to sew :P I might get a kit for my white vintage replica just to try since the kit for that one isnt too expensive I think.

Love the Jets jerseys...I have a blue one that needs done someday...Nice work!

What jersey is that CCM hem tag of in your signature?

anadienscirca1986bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

That one. And I'm at a loss as to what you did wrong on the Sabres jersey. No nameplate maybe?

The jersey that I got with some help from Brilliant! I'm just done sewing the lettering kit onto the jersey and just figured out that I made a little mistake. Can you find it? ;)

2022714390054115799S600x600Q85.jpg

2270697060054115799S600x600Q85.jpg

mistake #1: Shouldn't there be a silver layer on the "C" patch between the black and red?

mistake #2: that should be in MY closet!! :D

By the way, this is fun. There should be a thread for customization mistakes somewhere on this board!

No there's no silver layer on the "C". He did a great job!

No there's no silver layer on the "C". He did a great job!

So do I win a Sabres jersey in need of a new "C" patch?lol

I added the All-Star patch to my Lightning 3rd jersey this morning. I usually don't add patches to replicas but since I'll probably NEVER find an authentic version of this jersey, I figured it'd be okay.

ayLightningcirca1997CCMreplica-vi.jpg

I also took it a step further and sewed the entire Lightning logo too...I was bored this morning.

I added the All-Star patch to my Lightning 3rd jersey this morning. I usually don't add patches to replicas but since I'll probably NEVER find an authentic version of this jersey, I figured it'd be okay.

ayLightningcirca1997CCMreplica-vi.jpg

I also took it a step further and sewed the entire Lightning logo too...I was bored this morning.

Lately, I've also been craving a few replicas since some of the authentics are getting harder to come by, ridiculously overpriced, or were never in production. I recently ordered my REAL replica Winter Classic jersey, as well as a few others.

Authentic or not, that's a sweet Tampa Bay jersey you got there!