It arrived today

lafountain

I got the Walton and Maki off the same seller, they're both original authentic jerseys. Unfortunately, only the Maki has the Hattem tag

What exactly do you mean when you say "original and authentic"?

Normally when I see someone proudly posting their prized new possession that has some issues, I just keep quiet and let them enjoy their new purchase. While I'm thrilled to see someone get a Fighting Saints jersey, the beloved team of my youth and the best logo in the history of sports, I do have some concerns when you say "original and authentic" and your jersey has a printed crest when the originals had fabric and chain stitched crests, and the name on the back is in gold letters and not white.

How old did the seller tell you that jersey is? I'm just concerned that you might have been misled or something.

75-76Antonovichbk.jpg

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He just told me it was the original from the early 70s. The front crest is stitched, but I didn't know about the name part.

edit: By original i just meant its not M&N, probably could've just said that lol

He just told me it was the original from the early 70s. The front crest is stitched, but I didn't know about the name part.

edit: By original i just meant its not M&N, probably could've just said that lol

By "printed" I specifically meant that the Saints logo is printed onto a piece of twill, which was then sewn onto the jersey. The real game worn jerseys from back then were all separate pieces of fabric and embroidered details without any printing.

Personally, I'm a bit skeptical that the jersey was made in the early 70's. It does replicate one from the 70's, but the quality of the construction looks better than anything sold to the public back then, and I doubt "authentics" were even made in the 70's for retail sales. Then again, I've never heard of Hattem, so perhaps I'm wrong. I do know Saints gamers from back then were Rawlings though.

oh this is definitely not a gamer. no marks, no pulls, and the size is about a CCM/Koho 52, so I highly doubt it fits him + gear

I dont know the knowledge you do on the older jerseys, I just figured its cool :P

Sorry Rab, just saw the post now. I'll be sure to resize next time.

oh this is definitely not a gamer. no marks, no pulls, and the size is about a CCM/Koho 52, so I highly doubt it fits him + gear

I dont know the knowledge you do on the older jerseys, I just figured its cool :P

You can edit your post though. It sure took quite a while to load this page and I thought you posted a whole new collection until I realized the pictures files are just huge.

The more often I see that Bure jersey, the more I regret selling mine. I had the black one and the 3rd from the 90's. SO PLEASE STOP POSTING BURE JERSEYS IN THIS FORUM...

... just kidding ;)

No problem. Keep the pictures coming, just a little smaller so it doesn't take as long to load.:thumbsup:

Guys, if you can't resize your pictures, then just post links to them. I fixed up the initial post by linking them.

I got this in the mail today:

tonOilerscirca1996CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

My first Oilers jersey!

Oh and I sewed my WCoH patch onto my Slovakia jersey...

onalTeamcirca2002Nikeauthentic-vi.jpg

...only to find out that the Slovak patch is CROOKED!! GAR!

It's definitely cool, I was just concerned about the "original and authentic" part and some fears you may had been misled to a degree, which may have caused you to spend an amount out of line with what you received. I used to attend the Fighting Saints games as a kid and have many fond memories of "Shakey" Walton and the team. Cool pickup to be certain.

Yeah, the WCoH one came out great but now it makes the Slovak one look crooked. Talk about frustrating! Oh well.

I got a fairly hard to come by jersey today:

elesKingscirca1988CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

The first-ever silver and black Kings jersey from 1988-89. I don't think the guy who was selling it had any idea of what it was because he only took two pictures and they were both blurry. But, I saw the sewn in CCM tag on the hem though and knew it was the real deal.

Yeah, the WCoH one came out great but now it makes the Slovak one look crooked. Talk about frustrating! Oh well.

I got a fairly hard to come by jersey today:

elesKingscirca1988CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

The first-ever silver and black Kings jersey from 1988-89. I don't think the guy who was selling it had any idea of what it was because he only took two pictures and they were both blurry. But, I saw the sewn in CCM tag on the hem though and knew it was the real deal.

awesome jersey brilliant! I love it!

Yeah, I love it too. Those 80's CCMs are great. I notice a little difference in the fight strap on them as opposed to the 90's versions.

Consequently, that was also the year of the Gretzky trade. I'm pretty sure Dave Taylor still wore the C that year though. That being said, I shant be putting Gretzky on this. I don't want any part of him on one of my jerseys.

Yeah, I love it too. Those 80's CCMs are great. I notice a little difference in the fight strap on them as opposed to the 90's versions.

Consequently, that was also the year of the Gretzky trade. I'm pretty sure Dave Taylor still wore the C that year though. That being said, I shant be putting Gretzky on this. I don't want any part of him on one of my jerseys.

Guaranteed 100% Gretzky wore the "A" his first year in Los Angeles.

I ordered it sunday and got it today.

dsc00001wa7.jpg

dsc00002xz6.jpg

dsc00003yu4.jpg

the #8 is a bit too high but other than that it's perfect. It's way better than on nhl.com shop LOL

Very nice, I am sure you are enjoying the actual twill numbers as opposed to the heat pressed ones.

I ordered it sunday and got it today.

dsc00001wa7.jpg

dsc00002xz6.jpg

dsc00003yu4.jpg

the #8 is a bit too high but other than that it's perfect. It's way better than on nhl.com shop LOL

Very nice jersey but the nameplate to too close to the RBK logo, the number is too close to the nameplate and the should be a little bit more space between the letters. Who did the lettering on this jersey?

Yeah they are too tight for sure but hey it doesn't look bad and will never be noticed by the average joe so wear the heck out of it.

they are too tight but the nameplate is at the right place compared with pics

Not many Edge jerseys in this "It arrived today" tread, why is that?

too expensive!

Not many Edge jerseys in this "It arrived today" tread, why is that?

Cost and a lot of people just don't really like them. I don't mind them at all, just hope some teams change their designs a bit.

Cost and a lot of people just don't really like them. I don't mind them at all, just hope some teams change their designs a bit.

^^ what he said