It arrived today

lafountain

Not many Edge jerseys in this "It arrived today" tread, why is that?

I had every reason to get one. I am Wild fan and a patch fanatic. The Minnesota Wild wore a patch on their jerseys for fan appreciation night, their last home game of the season.

18000.jpg

I also had a discount coupon that I could combine with my season ticket holder discount - a rare chance to get 30% off at the Wild team store.

But when I tried on the jerseys, I just hated them. They don't fit right, they don't feel right because they are too thin and they cost too much. Even at 30% off I was looking at $150 for my choice of too small in the torso (L) or too long in the sleeves (XL) for a jersey that feels cheap and apparently snags and pulls very, very easily and with cheap quality customizing as a bonus.

The bottom line is I just didn't feel that I would be getting my money's worth in the quality department compared to what I'm used to, at an increased price and the fit was pretty rotten.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't stand them...too expensive and they feel cheaply made to me...

Not many Edge jerseys in this "It arrived today" tread, why is that?

I'm going to be getting one or two, but not sure how many beyond that. Like the others, I do feel they are too cheaply made, I hate the shoulder patches, and the cost is what's making me extremely hesitant about putting money down on something that cheap. The shoulder patches have me fearing what will happen to them if I put the jersey into the wash. Like a certain other cheap Reebok fan gear product, I fear it'd be one and done. In some cases, I've actually kicked around getting an authentic jersey. I haven't decided how I want to go.

Colorado's new style is alright, but I'm happy with my other Avs jerseys. St. Louis' jersey will probably end up being owned by me at some point, plus I'm thinking about getting the Coyotes alternate next year if it looks good. Washington and San Jose are others I'm kicking around.

This came in a couple days ago:

drury1.jpg

drury2.jpg

CRAP. I totally forgot to increase my max bid on a 2001 Cup patch and got outbid. Ugh. Oh well, there will be more...

This came in a couple days ago:

drury1.jpg

drury2.jpg

CRAP. I totally forgot to increase my max bid on a 2001 Cup patch and got outbid. Ugh. Oh well, there will be more...

Awesome looking jersey. The lettering looks absolutely perfect. :thumbsup:

Got this today:

apleLeafscirca1989CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

pleLeafscirca1989bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

My question here though, is why is the NHL shield on the hem? I've never seen a jersey with that style of 'CCM' logo in the hem that ALSO had the NHL shield on the hem. I've only seen that logo style by itself on all of the 80's style jerseys that I've ever seen. Such as:

kingstag-vi.jpg

Obviously I'm keeping the jersey as it's amazingly fantastic but I would like some clarification. Any thoughts?

Here's a couple of recent acquisitions ...

#68 Jagr - New York Rangers - Authentic White/Away Jersey (he wore the "A" in 2005 when he scored 54 goals/123 pts for NYR)

Blank - Hartford Wolf Pack - Replica Navy/Away Jersey with 5th Anniversary (2002) shoulder patch

#3 Virtue - Hartford Wolf Pack - Authentic Red/3rd autographed Jersey with 5th Anniversary (2002) crest

There's an off chance the Terry Virtue jersey is game worn - I know the Wolf Pack gave those jerseys away during their "shirts off our backs" night that year, it shows some minor stick wear/puck marks, and it does have the Dattco sponsor patch. Then again I didn't buy it because of that, so if it is game worn that's just icing on the cake.

Got two today:

Thrasherscirca1999CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

llasStarscirca1999CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I sewed the NHL 2000 patch onto the Stars jersey tonight...it looks crooked in the shot but it's not. Still waiting on the Cup patch to arrive. The 2000 patch for the Thrashers one is on its' way too. I had a busy weekend!

I sewed the NHL 2000 patch onto the Stars jersey tonight...it looks crooked in the shot but it's not. Still waiting on the Cup patch to arrive. The 2000 patch for the Thrashers one is on its' way too. I had a busy weekend!

You sir, are on a tear with the new arrivals. Why the 2000 patch for the Thrashers and not the 5th Anniversary/Snyder Memorial combo?

Heh...funny you should ask:

AtlantaThrashers5thanniversary-vi.jpg

DanSnydermemorial-vi.jpg

I have THAT jersey coming too courtesy of that 60 dollar sale deal.

EDIT: Just a heads up...be on the lookout for one of those 'holy grail' types in the coming days. I broke the bank and may have sold my soul for this one...

The holy grail has arrived:

nguinscirca1985Cooperauthentic-vi.jpg

guinscirca1985bCooperauthentic-vi.jpg

I'm still kinda speechless over here...

WOW :thumbsup: just WOW!!

My only complaint...heh...yeah, complaint...my only bit of nitpicking here is that the numbers and name are just slightly crooked. Like I said though, oh well!

DUDE. You didn't tell me you were picking up this beauty.

VERY nice.

Mon Dieu....

Awesome piece of history. I just love those old mesh jerseys. But the first thing that hit my eyes is the black collar which should be yellow actually

Awesome piece of history. I just love those old mesh jerseys. But the first thing that hit my eyes is the black collar which should be yellow actually

In the 86-87 season, the collars were black. ;)

This '89 cover also has a black collar (if it's the same brand still :unsure: ): http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau.../9156/index.htm

The yellow version :thumbsup::D (check the next one as well) : http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...p;currentPage=1

:D Totally forgot about the mighty nhluniform ...

In the 86-87 season, the collars were black. ;)

Darn right they were. Excellent jersey.

Sweet Lemieux jersey man, but I wouldnt say its the Holy Grail of NHL jerseys. Id say an authentic Bobby Orr jersey from the 70's would be the Holy Grail. (This is if your not counting gamers)