It arrived today

lafountain

My Rangers CCM came in today. I'll post pics in a bit. I'm a little disappointed; it runs a bit small for a 52. The "RANGERS" letters show a little wear, but overall it's a pretty nice jersey for being at least 12 years old.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I FINALLY finished stripping my Rangers jersey today so it's nice and blank and awaiting an NHL 2000 patch.

erscirca1999ProPlayerauthentic-vi.jpg

There's a tiny amount of residue left over on the back but I think it'll get covered up when I recustomize it so I'm not too worried.

I guess it kinda has to be now. I don't really want to take the C off because I worry about residue so yeah I guess so.

I finished customizing my 2000 Red Wings jersey tonight:

tRedWingscirca1999CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

RedWingscirca1999bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I think I put the letters and captain's C a little too high up on the jersey but overall I'm very happy with how it came out.

I finished customizing my 2000 Red Wings jersey tonight:

tRedWingscirca1999CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

RedWingscirca1999bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I think I put the letters and captain's C a little too high up on the jersey but overall I'm very happy with how it came out.

You did a great job. Wasn't it fun sewing the name letter by letter onto the jersey? ;)

Wait until you make a ZETTERBERG Red Wings jersey or even worse: KONSTANTINOV

All you Ranger fans might like this one. Avangard Omsk jersey of last years first round pick Alexei Cherepanov.

2471843560101580280S500x500Q85.jpg

2920390290101580280S500x500Q85.jpg

All you Ranger fans might like this one. Avangard Omsk jersey of last years first round pick Alexei Cherepanov.

Nice one. Looks great in the road black.

You did a great job. Wasn't it fun sewing the name letter by letter onto the jersey? ;)

Gar...the single layer letters are fine but good LORD this triple layered beauty is driving me INSANE. I think I'm gonna have to send it out to get finished. Not to mention the adhesive doesn't hold at all onto the mesh. I just spent about 3 hours on it and it seems like I didn't do anything.

That's a sharp Omsk jersey dude. Gotta love the Russian Jesus Cherepanov on it too! I'll never get used to those designs...

Gar...the single layer letters are fine but good LORD this triple layered beauty is driving me INSANE. I think I'm gonna have to send it out to get finished. Not to mention the adhesive doesn't hold at all onto the mesh. I just spent about 3 hours on it and it seems like I didn't do anything.

Do you sew all 3 layers to the jersey? Sounds like you're talking about a Rangers 3rd Starter jersey :D

Nooooo, I don't like sewing EVERY layer to the jersey. It's a 'what if' scenario for me. What if I want to replace a name on a specific jersey? Then it's gonna be that much more of a hassle to take the thread out. But yes, you're right; I'm talking about my Rangers third jersey. Thankfully, I was able to get everything on the back to where I want it so I brought it to my local shop today so they can do it for me.

I got another monster in the mail today:

lTeam3rdcirca2004Nikeauthentic-vi.jpg

With tags too. Probably one of only two team Canada jerseys I'd ever own.

That's a cool jersey. I always wanted to have one customised with #66. Looks like a "52" on the size tag. If it fits too big for you, can I have it? :D

Aren't authentics in that style extremely rare? The few times I've noticed them up for auction the sellers have made a big deal of their scarcity and priced them accordingly.

The nice thing about that throwback style is when it was worn in the 2004 World Cup, they didn't wear the IIHF patch on the back, saving you the time and expense of tracking one of those down.

What do you plan on doing with it? Aside from the 2004 World Cup, I think Sydney Crosby wore it once in an exhibition game leading up to the 2005 World Juniors.

Ahhhman you bought the mustard jersey, gross, I don't know any Canadians that would wear that. Congrats on owning something Canadian that most Canadians will never own. :)

That's a cool jersey. I always wanted to have one customised with #66. Looks like a "52" on the size tag. If it fits too big for you, can I have it? :D

HA! Nice try. It fits just fine! As far as what I'm doing with it, I'm not sure yet. I do want to customize it. I think the fact they had CANADA on the back was an awesome nod to the '72 Summit Series. BUT I do have to find a place that can cut the font. I asked ExclusivePro but haven't gotten an answer yet. That and I need to find another World Cup patch. The guy I bought the last two from doesn't have any more.

Congrats on owning something Canadian that most Canadians will never own. :)

Cheers brother.

[. The guy I bought the last two from doesn't have any more.

Ooooh, that's no good. He was the only one that I knew of that had any of those anymore, even at the somewhat high price. I hope I don't need another one of those again someday (he said knowing he will need one again someday).

Wooo! Got my authentic Flyers Leclair jersey today. Its a nike from the late 90's, im hoping to put the 1997 Stanley Cup patch on it.

really liking that Winnipeg Falcons jersey...one of my favs. I only got the replica...never knew they made authentics :(

I've been spending most of my cash on soccer shirts but i got this one recently...It's gunna be fixed up with Naslunds's name and number but I may run into a problem with the C. The C is supposed to go right next to the NHL Shield but the size 48 doesn't really allow much room fo it to fit on without having it be stitched onto the sleeve so I may change my mind and make it into a Datsyuk

DSC09653.jpg

You could always take the NHL shield off and reposition it after you find room for them both. I love that jersey. It's gotta be my favorite All-Star jersey ever. I just love that deep forest green. One thing I never understood though was why the felt letters and stars are only straight-stitched and not zig-zagged. Nevertheless, it's awesome.

I finished up my Wild customization today:

ild3rdcirca2005Reebokauthentic-vi.jpg

ld3rdcirca2005bReebokauthentic-vi.jpg

The pictures are kinda crappy because it makes the nameplate look a little crooked but it's really not. I have to take a better shot. Overall, I'm happy with how it came out. I just wish the nameplate wasn't twill.

Brilliant!, I don't think Gaborik wore the "C" until this season.