It arrived today

lafountain

I hope so, I was thrilled to see they got another Jones. He and Ben Guite stuck out to me in the game I went to in February. I'm getting to a point of not wanting to get my jerseys personalized, just as it seems as everytime I do that player gets traded or retires and I'd rather have my name and number on there if I was going to get a personalization. I usually only do that if there is a Jones on that team however. I got lucky with the Coyotes, Matt Jones, a young defenseman wears one of my old numbers...5.

I hear you on that. For a time, Martin Lapointe was my favorite player so I have both a Red Wings and a Bruins jersey of his. But it seems like his career has been slipping lately, which is why I held off on getting a Chicago jersey. It doesn't look like he stuck with Ottawa either, so ... so much for that.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoaaaaaaa.... Does it have a year and set tag sewn inside the rear hem? I have a game worn one from the same year so we can compare details.

I do see one small, but important, difference between ours though. Mine has a "Steichen's" tag sewn inside the collar by the place that did the lettering.

No set tag and no Steichen's tag. Argh. No pilling either...anywhere. There looks like there's some small(possible) board burns and some fraying of the Star in the logo but I'm still not convinced. The saltless fight strap is what really kills me though. I emailed the guy about it yesterday and he said that the North Stars didn't give LOA's back then(I didn't know that) so there's another snag. I checked out dropthepucks.com and I see a picture of a 91-92 game-worn that doesn't have the set tag OR the Steichen's tag so I guess that's SOMETHING to hang on to. I'll call it a game-issue for now. That doesn't mean I'm not still geeked about it though!

Whoaaaaaaa.... Does it have a year and set tag sewn inside the rear hem? I have a game worn one from the same year so we can compare details.

I do see one small, but important, difference between ours though. Mine has a "Steichen's" tag sewn inside the collar by the place that did the lettering.

No set tag and no Steichen's tag. Argh. No pilling either...anywhere. There looks like there's some small(possible) board burns and some fraying of the Star in the logo but I'm still not convinced. The saltless fight strap is what really kills me though. I emailed the guy about it yesterday and he said that the North Stars didn't give LOA's back then(I didn't know that) so there's another snag. I checked out dropthepucks.com and I see a picture of a 91-92 game-worn that doesn't have the set tag OR the Steichen's tag so I guess that's SOMETHING to hang on to. I'll call it a game-issue for now. That doesn't mean I'm not still geeked about it though!

I didn't take the time to look at DTP yesterday, but I do see that several don't have the Steichen's tag, so I guess that doesn't disqualify your jersey in the least, but I did not see any that clearly showed that they did not have a set tag. They either seemed to have one, or didn't show the inside of the jersey where it should be located. I'm not sure if those were unique to set 2 or not.

Well, like I said, I'm not too sour about it. All in all, it's a flat-out awesome jersey and easily one of the best in my NHL collection. I think the only one better is my game-issue Rangers TBTC...nothing's beating that though.

Hey guys quick question. A few months ago I saw a sweet Jagr Omsk jersey posted here, and I found out that I could purchase one from Terry at global_hockey. I ordered (2 of them actually) at the end of May, and he told me at that time it would arrive around the first week of August. I decided to drop him a line tonight to see how the order was coming along and it bounced back as undeliverable. I then went to ebay to send him a message, but found that he currently has no items for sale, and he's not even a registered user any more. I'm starting to feel I'm out $100. Anyone know what's up?

Crap, even his website is gone. global-hockey.com is no more. And the whois results are odd as well. It's like they just closed up shop and jumped ship. This sucks.

Hey guys quick question. A few months ago I saw a sweet Jagr Omsk jersey posted here, and I found out that I could purchase one from Terry at global_hockey. I ordered (2 of them actually) at the end of May, and he told me at that time it would arrive around the first week of August. I decided to drop him a line tonight to see how the order was coming along and it bounced back as undeliverable. I then went to ebay to send him a message, but found that he currently has no items for sale, and he's not even a registered user any more. I'm starting to feel I'm out $100. Anyone know what's up?

Crap, even his website is gone. global-hockey.com is no more. And the whois results are odd as well. It's like they just closed up shop and jumped ship. This sucks.

Check out this thread.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?sho...ic=952&st=0

This has been discussed and someone posted an email address to get ahold of him.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it didn't arrive today but the customizing was done last night. I was just too tired to post it then:

lackhawkscirca1988CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

ackhawkscirca1988bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Complete with a beautiful Ultrafil nameplate! Awesome! It's not unethical to customize a twenty-year-old jersey, is it? Because I LOVE this jersey.

Complete with a beautiful Ultrafil nameplate! Awesome! It's not unethical to customize a twenty-year-old jersey, is it? Because I LOVE this jersey.

HECK NO! You should love that jersey, its a beauty! ;) Great job on the customization. I've always loved the Blackhawks white jerseys, and prefer them to the red or black ones. Larmer was a solid choice for that one.

Nice Larmer jersey!

Oddly enough today I just got in the mail a Rangers 90's CCM that I plan to make into a Larmer '94 cup patch jersey. Unfortunately I first have to right the injustice done to the jersey - why would someone take a NYR CCM from that era and put Gretzky on it ? (ugh)

Well, it didn't arrive today but the customizing was done last night. I was just too tired to post it then:

lackhawkscirca1988CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

ackhawkscirca1988bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Great job on the customising. You got yourself a very nice, rare and hard-to-find piece of Blackhawks history.

Unfortunately I first have to right the injustice done to the jersey - why would someone take a NYR CCM from that era and put Gretzky on it ? (ugh)

I know EXACTLY what you mean. Those Rangers CCM mesh jerseys pop up on eBay all the time with Drury and Gomez on them. It's maddening. Actually, a few months back I found an authentic Rangers Pro Player jersey on eBay; with tags too. The only problem was that it was tagged with Gretzky. Not only do I despise Wayne Gretzky but he didn't even wear Pro Players during his New York tenure. So, I just stripped the jersey blank and recustomized it with Adam Graves.

As for the Hawks jersey, thanks guys. I am VERY proud of it. That one is probably my best custom job so far. I also love the fact that I was able to use an actual nameplate instead of the twill that they send me.

Ever since the 2002 Olympics with all that 'American propaganda' garbage that he was spouting off when Team Canada was playing like crap, I lost all respect for him.

I put the numbers on my Maple Leafs jersey today:

eLeafs3rdcirca1991CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Leafs3rdcirca1991bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

No surprises on who this is gonna be...unfortunately, the nameplate I got with the kit isn't even close. I'm not putting a name on this jersey until I get an accurate font.

Brilliant, I am just wondering. Why all the hatred towards Gretzky?

They never should've retired his number through out the league. No player is bigger than the game. Plus, had Lemieux played the same number of games as Gretzky, he would've had more point in my opinion. Players will never wear 66 again, not because of an official NHL decision, but because he's respected.

Ever since the 2002 Olympics with all that 'American propaganda' garbage that he was spouting off when Team Canada was playing like crap, I lost all respect for him.

Well I hope then you're not a fan of Brendan Shanahan because he was in commercials aired before Nagano 1998 for Esso stating that they were "gonna kick the American's a##es". Then he became a naturalized US citizen. Hypocrite. And this was all after he quit on his team, Hartford, when he was the captain. No excuse EVER for that. He is a true scumbag. Period.

I never liked that although Gretzky excelled at the offensive aspects of the game, he always seemed to lack the toughness of a true hockey player. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about someone playing like a goon - I just appreciate players that are a bit more gritty doing the dirty work in the corners, working hard in the slot. Lemieux wasn't a big hitter or anything but he seemed to be able to play the physical side of the game a bit more than Gretzky. Kind of like Crosby and Ovechkin - I prefer Ovechkin's style because there's some physicality to it. To me that's what a true hockey player is.

Gretzky and Lindros are two players I wish had never worn a Ranger's jersey.

Well I hope then you're not a fan of Brendan Shanahan because he was in commercials aired before Nagano 1998 for Esso stating that they were "gonna kick the American's a##es". Then he became a naturalized US citizen. Hypocrite. And this was all after he quit on his team, Hartford, when he was the captain. No excuse EVER for that. He is a true scumbag. Period.

Well, to be frank, I could never fully respect a guy who started his career with the Devils but that's just me. Case in point; Scott Gomez.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Lindros should have stayed with the Flyers. As for Gretzky and the Rangers... He should have gone there right after he was blamed for "failure" in the 1993 playoffs. Just my opinion.

Lindros should have stayed with the Flyers.

Lindros should have stayed with the Nordiques. I have a hard time respecting him and Eli Manning for not wanting to play for an organization for whatever reason, being the #1 draft pick. I'm pretty sure all of you, as well as myself, would kill to be the last player drafted and get shot to play in the minors, let alone the NHL, for any organization and to have superstars who think they are better than a team or city before they have played a single game irks me.

Lindros should have stayed with the Nordiques. I have a hard time respecting him and Eli Manning for not wanting to play for an organization for whatever reason, being the #1 draft pick. I'm pretty sure all of you, as well as myself, would kill to be the last player drafted and get shot to play in the minors, let alone the NHL, for any organization and to have superstars who think they are better than a team or city before they have played a single game irks me.

That may be true, but you also have to realize they are in different circumstances than us. I mean there are also millions of people who would do anything for a cold cheeseburger, but for someone with more wealth, they would usually be angry if they ordered a burger at a restaurant and it was cold.

Just as we say they should be happy they get to play a professional sport, those starving people probably have the same view towards people who complain about cold food.

With that said, I still think it was pretty lame of Lindros and Eli to do what they did.

Well the starving people are paying for their food, so of course they can complain. Plus, a cheeseburger is expected to be hot just like an athlete is expected to honour the team they're drafted by (at least, those are the North American norms)

I think what ben is getting at is that these young players should not have developed a prima donna attitude simply because they were drafted first overall while not having proven themselves at all at the highest level

Well the starving people are paying for their food, so of course they can complain. Plus, a cheeseburger is expected to be hot just like an athlete is expected to honour the team they're drafted by (at least, those are the North American norms)

I think what ben is getting at is that these young players should not have developed a prima donna attitude simply because they were drafted first overall while not having proven themselves at all at the highest level

Yea I agree, I'm just saying I can see where they're coming from.

Not hockey, but today I picked up a Chargers Shawne Merriman jersey for my football collection for $20. I'm not a big Charger fan, but a deal's a deal and those jerseys are sharp. This is the same store where I got both of my Avalanche jerseys recently. Still no luck on the rest of their NHL collection going on sale, sadly. :(