It arrived today

lafountain

A crosby and a lightning jersey, very nice. I have the black lightning edge with Cavs and I'm debating about pulling the A off and replace with the C.

Bar none the most underrated jersey I've found is the Yotes white away jersey, the brown on the crest and shoulder patch feels like suede, just gorgeous. I'll have to post some pics as I haven't updated my collection recently.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some recent pick ups ...

all-star_kovalev_f.jpg

all-star_kovalev_b.jpg

Hey I saw that jersey on Ebay. The seller had a size 48 of it and I too won an auction for it. I'm glad to see pics of it before it comes in this week. It's looks sharp and customization is spot on. This is one of my favorite All-Star jerseys because of the European Soccer inspiration for it. The unique collar, the name on the below the number, the small number on the front, and how the goalie version was white with the red on the sleeves. At the time I really wanted one with Bure or Kovalev but it was too expensive just coming out of college.

I'll post pics of mine when it comes in along with two other jerseys I've been wanting to add to my collection for a while.

Hey I saw that jersey on Ebay. The seller had a size 48 of it and I too won an auction for it. I'm glad to see pics of it before it comes in this week. It's looks sharp and customization is spot on. This is one of my favorite All-Star jerseys because of the European Soccer inspiration for it. The unique collar, the name on the below the number, the small number on the front, and how the goalie version was white with the red on the sleeves. At the time I really wanted one with Bure or Kovalev but it was too expensive just coming out of college.

I'll post pics of mine when it comes in along with two other jerseys I've been wanting to add to my collection for a while.

Yeh it was a bit of a gamble - the original auction said "XXL Replica" but then mentioned he had other sizes (56 and 48 and 52 maybe). No mention of a fight strap or anything. So I asked him if I won if I could have the 56 - he agreed. I still thought there was a chance I'd get a knock off or replica or something - but when it arrived I was very pleased that it appears to be 100% legit. Seems like a nice guy too (the seller).

Yeh it was a bit of a gamble - the original auction said "XXL Replica" but then mentioned he had other sizes (56 and 48 and 52 maybe). No mention of a fight strap or anything. So I asked him if I won if I could have the 56 - he agreed. I still thought there was a chance I'd get a knock off or replica or something - but when it arrived I was very pleased that it appears to be 100% legit. Seems like a nice guy too (the seller).

Were you able to see any pictures of the back before hand? I found out after a bit of research last summer, that even the 01 All Star Replica jerseys had the CCM on the tail, only the authentic had the CCM on the collar like they switched to that season, so they were probably using old stock from the Toronto ASG. Nice Pickup!

Here's my first post in some time. It's a 2002 Salt Lake Olympics Mike Richter.

2473353810100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2366273240100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

Awesome. Great player choice too. No matter the incarnation, I've always thought the USA international jerseys were some of the best out there. Especially the old REALLY red, white and blue ones from the late 1980's with the screened on logo. I passed on a gamer version of that one a few months back and I regret it still.

I got a monster in the mail today:

hPenguinscirca1987CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Penguinscirca1987bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

is it just stitched on there? I just pre-ordered the new sabres jersey and I don't like the tag on the front either.

Yup, all I needed was a seam ripper and about 30 minutes. I worked from the front of the patch, so if I missed, I screwed up the patch and not the jersey. The look of them improves bigtime without the size tag.

It took you thirty minutes??? :D

I actually did the same thing to my Gators jersey and it does look sooooo much better now. I hate those lousy tags.

Wow, awesome jersey.

That Lemieux is fantastic.

Thanks for letting my Richter have the spotlight for a whole hour. <_<

Jerk.

toothless.gif

Yeah sorry about that. But, you have to admit, you DID pick a bad time to post it! :P

Boy, if you think that was good, just wait until you see what I have coming in a few weeks...

Bar none the most underrated jersey I've found is the Yotes white away jersey, the brown on the crest and shoulder patch feels like suede, just gorgeous. I'll have to post some pics as I haven't updated my collection recently.

Yup, I agree with you on this one. I got the authentic white pre-Edge jersey at the Just Sports store at Westgate for $60 last summer. I got a 56, so its huge, but its by far one of the nicer jerseys I got.

Yeah sorry about that. But, you have to admit, you DID pick a bad time to post it! :P

Boy, if you think that was good, just wait until you see what I have coming in a few weeks...

No, you picked a bad time to post yours.

So, is your close personal friend Wayne Gretzky hand delivering your Burger King jersey next?

No, you picked a bad time to post yours.

Now now you two, behave or I will have to confiscate the Lemieux and the Richter jerseys.

That is a nice Whalers jersey sir. I was never a fan of their jersey/logo when I was a kid playing nhl 94 and the like, it was just too plain and not thought out...or so a young Ben thought. In the back of my mind I still think of that as not a great jersey by default, but every time I see one I realize that is wrong and what a perfect jersey that is, especially with those numbers that work perfectly with it. I'm going to have to add one of those to my collection sooner or later. Plus you can't go wrong with "the little ball of hate" I miss him.

That is a nice Whalers jersey sir. I was never a fan of their jersey/logo when I was a kid playing nhl 94 and the like, it was just too plain and not thought out...or so a young Ben thought. In the back of my mind I still think of that as not a great jersey by default, but every time I see one I realize that is wrong and what a perfect jersey that is, especially with those numbers that work perfectly with it. I'm going to have to add one of those to my collection sooner or later. Plus you can't go wrong with "the little ball of hate" I miss him.

I agree. As time goes on, I am learning to appreciate the style of the Whalers jerseys. Great colors. Verbeek was a great choice as well.

Speaking of the "little ball of hate", I have a couple of trivia questions for you guys ...

1) Who came up with the "little ball of hate" nickname for Verbeek?

2) Who was the "big ball of hate"?

3) What's the big ball of hate's other nickname

I agree. As time goes on, I am learning to appreciate the style of the Whalers jerseys. Great colors. Verbeek was a great choice as well.

Speaking of the "little ball of hate", I have a couple of trivia questions for you guys ...

1) Who came up with the "little ball of hate" nickname for Verbeek?

2) Who was the "big ball of hate"?

3) What's the big ball of hate's other nickname

1: Don't know

2: Ray Ferraro

3: Chicken Parm

Thanks guys. That one is now my favorite custom job.

#2, just finished:

yotescirca1996Starterauthentic-vi.jpg

otescirca1996bStarterauthentic-vi.jpg

I'm not thrilled with the way the nameplate came out but I didn't have anything to keep it in position. I'll redo it eventually. Overall, I'm happy with how it came out though.

Thanks guys. That one is now my favorite custom job.

#2, just finished:

yotescirca1996Starterauthentic-vi.jpg

otescirca1996bStarterauthentic-vi.jpg

I'm not thrilled with the way the nameplate came out but I didn't have anything to keep it in position. I'll redo it eventually. Overall, I'm happy with how it came out though.

I have one of those that I bought during the Starter close-out in 1999, mine is a 56. It looks pretty good, maybe from that picture slightly crooked. The "C" in Tkachuk should be directly below the point, which you did. The edge of the nameplate on mine is about 1/4" from the middle point. The letters on the one I have do look slightly different, though.

IMGA0249.jpg

IMGA0251.jpg

Overall. good job! :thumbsup:

1: Don't know

2: Ray Ferraro

3: Chicken Parm

wow and I thought #3 would be the toughie ... #1 was Glen Healy ...