It arrived today

lafountain

Because in 2006-07, the Devils and Hurricanes swapped AHL afilliates. Jersey took the Lowell Lock Monsters and Carolina took the River Rats.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally went out and got some more hangers so today I decided to clean off the spare bed of recent jersey acquisitions and snapped a few pics while I was at it:

A pair of 10's:

bure_auth.jpg

tikkanen_auth.jpg

A pair of replicas:

naslund_replica.jpg

redden_replica.jpg

A pair of Starter blanks:

kings_auth.jpg

blues_auth.jpg

For the blanks - the Kings will eventually be a #14 Norstrom or a #20 Robitaille. The Blues will be a #32 Eastwood.

The Tikkanen will eventually get a '94 Cup patch.

I received my order from HockeyAtire.com today. I got myself a nice selection of apparel, but as far as jerseys go, I picked up an authentic Manchester Monarch's purple jersey which will be a Jason LaBarbera jersey in the future and an authentic Portland Lumberjax NLL lacrosse jersey. Its just the white jersey, my next one will be their plaid alternate for sure.

2715935870034358379S600x600Q85.jpg

684.jpg

Nice pickup... Ive always liked the Monarchs jersey. LaBarbera is a good choice, but I think I wouldve personally gone with Dustin Brown... maybe someday Ill be able to pick one up and do that.

Funny I'm selling my Redden jersey on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...em=140276049629

Alex Mogilny River Rats

Nice, you don't see too many of those!

Very cool pickup...I was unaware he played for them. I do like the look of the devils style jersey w/ those numbers, its simple and effective. Whats he up to these days?

Yea he played 19 games for them in 05-06 after being sent down. He retired after that.

FUN FACT: Mogilny's last NHL game was also Joe Thornton's last game as a Bruin.

Okay, thanks.........a shame....New Jersey / New York area, and river rats are made for eachother..... :stickhndl:

<_<

:fight:

Nice, you don't see too many of those!

Yea he played 19 games for them in 05-06 after being sent down. He retired after that.

FUN FACT: Mogilny's last NHL game was also Joe Thornton's last game as a Bruin.

<_<

:fight:

HA, HA, HA..........chill, i am a Devils fan......and also, they have to have the rats, what else would they make hot-dogs of?

I finally checked Saturday's mail late Sunday night, and I had received a white USA Swift Jersey. As an individual jersey, I don't mind it anymore. Its an interesting construction and despite the lack of a traditional look, if the USA was the only team using this design, I wouldn't be so against it, but as a template, I'm not too big on the idea. The stripes on the back are an interesting design technique but very cool in person. I've warmed up to these a bit and it was an excuse get another Winter Hawks related jersey. This one will be a Brandon Dubinsky #16 from the 2008 IIHF World Championships.

The stripes on the back are an interesting design technique but very cool in person.

I've always used the term "interesting" when I was being polite and didn't want to blurt out "sucky" or "stupid".

I too, find those stripes on the back "interesting".

Here's one I've been sitting on for a couple of weeks after the sudden passing of Alexi Cherepanov, my Sergei Zholtok 2004-05 Riga 2000 jersey.

This was the team Sergei played for when he passed away. With the demise of Global_Hockey on ebay, I turned to russianhockeyjerseys.com, who ordered this one for me from Lutch in Russia. It's dead on accurate, with the exact sponsorships that Riga 2000 wore that season, and I couldn't be more happy with the way it turned out. I thought for sure I was going to have to compromise on it to some degree and get the same striping style but from 05-06 with slightly different sponsorship, but they really came through for me.

2864153920100337552S425x425Q85.jpg 2112334110100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

I like that jersey...although I thougt Lutch didn't produce the Riga jerseys?

I like that jersey...although I thougt Lutch didn't produce the Riga jerseys?

They did make this black one.

610x.jpg

Besides, you just can't find a Riga 2000 jersey, customized to order in your size with your choice of specific sponsors from a particular season and the player of your choice at the nearest Wal-Mart, so I'm not going to get picky about what brand it is if it wasn't a Lutch, but all the photos I've found from 04-05 either have Lutch tags in the neck or no brand ID at all to suggest otherwise in shots where they are being worn.

Courtesy of our buddy dmac25, I got this today:

tescirca1999ProPlayerauthentic-vi.jpg

I threw the NHL 2000 patch on today for good measure. I don't know why it looks so crooked there but oh well.

Courtesy of our buddy dmac25, I got this today:

tescirca1999ProPlayerauthentic-vi.jpg

I threw the NHL 2000 patch on today for good measure. I don't know why it looks so crooked there but oh well.

You know I always regretted not getting a ProPlayer Coyotes H or A authentic. I have a ProPlayer third, which I love, and I have at least 10 Starter authentic Coyotes. I had an opportunity to buy a road authentic on close-out at the Hockey Hall of Fame, but some guy grabbed it when I was about take it off the rack. Just as well, I guess. I got an Oilers home and Flames road that day. Nice pickup, ProPlayers are well worth the effort, IMO.

Boy oh boy did I have a good day today! I got home from work and I had many things waiting for me. First off, these two:

lesKingscirca19862CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

rdWhalerscirca1990CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I finally found my green Whalers jersey!

Then, to top it off, I got the kits for my Messier and Neely jerseys. I finished the Neely one tonight:

ruins3rdcirca1992bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Cheers.

Boy oh boy did I have a good day today! I got home from work and I had many things waiting for me. First off, these two:

lesKingscirca19862CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

rdWhalerscirca1990CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I finally found my green Whalers jersey!

Then, to top it off, I got the kits for my Messier and Neely jerseys. I finished the Neely one tonight:

ruins3rdcirca1992bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Cheers.

Like seriously dude, how many jerseys do you own? I'm envious for sure. STL

You inspired me to do a hard count! 102 total with about 12 others being moved out.

I would have guessed higher based on how often they seem to arrive. You've got it bad.

That Neely jersey is a beauty. Thats on my short list of things I'm allowing myself to get should I see a good price on it. Very cool.

I would have guessed higher based on how often they seem to arrive. You've got it bad.

Heh...yeah. Well, I have sold quite a bit in the last few months. Probably around 30 or so. I seem to hover right around this number now though. Works for me.

You beat me by 3 jerseys. How many more are you still awaiting?

Only one right now. I'm done with buying for a while. I'm gonna start working on customizing some of my better ones.