It arrived today

lafountain

You beat me by 3 jerseys. How many more are you still awaiting?

Only one right now. I'm done with buying for a while. I'm gonna start working on customizing some of my better ones.

I admire the restraint! I've been saying that for over two years in which time my collection has gone from about 30 to nearly 100. Although I finally do have my first batch to be sent out for customization, I just need to actually send them!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap! How did I forget to post this when I finished it?? Done as of Saturday night:

tonOilerscirca1989CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

onOilerscirca1989bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Kit courtesy of ExclusivePro. It could not have come out any better.

Here's an album I made comparing my real and fake EDGE authentic jerseys.

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg75/ir...EDGE%20Jerseys/

So I finally caved...again. I received my first authentic EDGE jersey yesterday and I've got to say, not a bad jersey. Its one of those things, I like the properties of this jersey, if it were not a hockey jersey. Its super comfortable, but I dont see how this can stand up to game use (thus the EDGE 2.0 is born) Its a Marian Hossa Thrashers Home size 52, that needs an All Star Game patch and alternate's "A". It fits me very nicely (I wear a 48 in the CCM authentics). The stretch material is nice in that I often slide the sleeves up to my elbows and the narrow cuffs hold there, where as the old authentics had huge arm openings (and I can see that a lot of the younger players who roll their sleeves up to the elbow pads would like this, as it can be a pain to keep the sleeves up on the older style jerseys while playing. Overall, I like it to wear as a casual fan, but the only reason I picked it up was the player and the fact I got it for less than the customization cost of a blank jersey, so I'm happy, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy an authentic one at $300 plus customization, just not worth it.

558c_1.jpg5858_1.jpg

A Slovakia Authentic Swift jersey from River City Sports showed up last night, in the future to be Marcel Hossa #91 from the 2006 Olympics. As I described the replica Swift I picked up recently, I think interesting is the best way to describe this jersey. The number of different materials is crazy. Its not as stretchy as the edge jersey, the size 56 I got fits great in the arms and around the chest, but comes a little short at the waist. The mesh underarm extends to about halfway down the bicep which seems like it would be nice for ventilation as a player. As with the USA jersey, if it were the only team with this template, it would be ok by me, but as a template, I'm not feeling it. It has a metallic silver front collar which looks and feels like something a stripper should wear. It also has the swoops in the back which are gold. I don't understand why these two colors were chosen, they are not part of the Slovakia flag and the US/Canada didn't have these non country color additions (except the outline in Gold to celebrate Canada's gold medal) while a lot of the eastern European teams had this ridiculous silver front collar. I can see why they got rid of that on aspect later. Overall, I'm glad I bought it so I can see what an Authentic swift jersey is and have something that's not run of the mill, but I couldn't see myself buying another.

It has a metallic silver front collar which looks and feels like something a stripper should wear.

:lol: +1, I've got a Russia Swift and it has the same dumb silver collar on it. Decided recently to try and sell off the couple of Swifts I've got actually, don't like the jersey at all (material, cut or design).

:lol: +1, I've got a Russia Swift and it has the same dumb silver collar on it. Decided recently to try and sell off the couple of Swifts I've got actually, don't like the jersey at all (material, cut or design).

Haha yea I agree they are horrible jerseys. The only one I have is an Italy jersey and the only reason I got it is because it is an Italy jersey from the year they hosted the Olympics. I would love to get a Parise USA jersey for the next Olympics, but there's no way I would if they continue to wear the Swift things.

Brilliant! just did a great job on this jersey for me:

leetchskills1.jpg

leetchskills2.jpg

Thanks again, man. It's awesome.

Awesome jersey, Dr. D! And great job by Brilliant. When did the Rangers wear a US flag on their chests though?

The players wore flag patches during the All Star Game Skills Competition.

Hey! That was my idea! B)

I've done up a group of those from that day.

For those of you who don't know, in 1998 the NHL agreed to participate in the Olympics for the first time. As a result the NHL All-Star game became the World vs. North America format to promote the Olympics, with each player wearing the flag from his home country on his All-Star jersey. FYI, the World wore whites and the North Americans wore their dark jerseys.

In keeping with the theme that weekend, each player also wore his home country flag on his club team jersey during the Skills Competition for the one and only time. It made for some neat jerseys, especially when a particular team wore a patch already that year. For the rosters, click here.

The Canada Flag patch was the only patch Gretzky ever wore as a Ranger.

Hey! That was my idea! B)

I've done up a group of those from that day.

For those of you who don't know, in 1998 the NHL agreed to participate in the Olympics for the first time. As a result the NHL All-Star game became the World vs. North America format to promote the Olympics, with each player wearing the flag from his home country on his All-Star jersey. FYI, the World wore whites and the North Americans wore their dark jerseys.

In keeping with the theme that weekend, each player also wore his home country flag on his club team jersey during the Skills Competition for the one and only time. It made for some neat jerseys, especially when a particular team wore a patch already that year. For the rosters, click here.

The Canada Flag patch was the only patch Gretzky ever wore as a Ranger.

I have to say, I really like that year's All Star Game logo. I think it's one of the more perfect ones. Really symbolizes the team hosting, and I've always thought that's the most important aspect.

For those of you who have posted about getting swift jerseys, how does the sizing work on those? I used to wear a 54-56 in the old authentics, but now like a 58G or 60 in the edge... Any idea if the edge sizes are pretty similar to swift? I see a lot of 58, 60, and 62 on the river city site, but being in Alabama I can't just find one to try on. I'm heading to Vancouver for the games in 2010, so I'll definitely need some new jerseys to wear.

For those of you who have posted about getting swift jerseys, how does the sizing work on those? I used to wear a 54-56 in the old authentics, but now like a 58G or 60 in the edge... Any idea if the edge sizes are pretty similar to swift? I see a lot of 58, 60, and 62 on the river city site, but being in Alabama I can't just find one to try on. I'm heading to Vancouver for the games in 2010, so I'll definitely need some new jerseys to wear.

I've got two Swifts, one a 56 and one a 54, I'd say the 56 is pretty close to a 52 Edge in size terms. They both have the long arms too. 54 I find is too small. I normally wear a 48 CCM too. Don't know if you can work out from that what you're after, but I'd imagine it'd be the 62 or higher?

Wouldn't recommend them myself Duke, but it's your money mate :)

Yeah I agree with Derby, I much prefer the EDGE authentics to the Swift, but I see how on sale from $350 down to $100 they are attractive (I just went for it!) As far as size goes, I wear a 48 in CCM/Koho/rbk 6100 authentics, a 52 in EDGE, and a 56 in Swift. The 56 fits well on the chest and arms, maybe a half inch or inch short on the length, which I think is mostly due to the fact they fit weird from the 87 pieces they are made of.

My newest one is a USA 2008 World Championships 1960 Throwback worn once in a 4-0 win vs. Latvia purchased from IceJerseys.com.

Looking over the roster, I'm probably going to make it into a #17 Zach Parise Alternate Captain's jersey.

This was part of the IIHF 100th Anniversary Year and commemorated the first US Olympic Gold Medal won in 1960.

USA2008WC1960.jpg

Very nice indeed. I love the addition of the 1932 shield. Did they wear the shield on the jersey in 1960 or is that just a recent addition? Either way, very sharp.

I've been looking into customizing my two(soon to be three) USA jerseys too. In fact, I'm using some of your pictures as references! I gotta say too that I'm a little worried about what's gonna happen to the USA logo for the 2010 Olympics if this ridiculous rule about no logos allowed is going to stand up.

My newest one is a USA 2008 World Championships 1960 Throwback worn once in a 4-0 win vs. Latvia purchased from IceJerseys.com.

Looking over the roster, I'm probably going to make it into a #17 Zach Parise Alternate Captain's jersey.

This was part of the IIHF 100th Anniversary Year and commemorated the first US Olympic Gold Medal won in 1960.

USA2008WC1960.jpg

Nice, I liked it ,but I believe it was a bit pricey when I first saw it...although I wasn't aware IJ had it...

Nice, I liked it ,but I believe it was a bit pricey when I first saw it...although I wasn't aware IJ had it...

If you do a search for "icejerseys.com codes" you just might find an online coupon that will help knock down the price 10% or 15%...

Very nice indeed. I love the addition of the 1932 shield. Did they wear the shield on the jersey in 1960 or is that just a recent addition?

They wore a very similar shield in 1960.

1960_olympics.jpg

They also had it on the 1960 vintage jerseys when they wore it in the 2008 World Championships.

AHAUSpatch.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I got my new RBK Premier Leafs jersey today from NHL.com with some complaints.

HPIM0394.jpg

HPIM0397.jpg

Here's the problem.

- Lettering is off, it should be a thinner block style, like this.

83205659.jpg

- Secondly, the "A" on the front should be like this.

20081009_jla_st9_088_lower.jpg

This is my first order from NHL.com and I am debating returning it because of the job they did. I was wondering if you guys suggest a different route to take or simply send it in to IceJerseys to fix the mess.

I know it's not TOO big of a deal, but I paid money assuming I'd get the correct jersey with correct numbering and lettering. Thanks.

Hey guys, I got my new RBK Premier Leafs jersey today from NHL.com with some complaints.

HPIM0394.jpg

HPIM0397.jpg

This is my first order from NHL.com and I am debating returning it because of the job they did. I was wondering if you guys suggest a different route to take or simply send it in to IceJerseys to fix the mess.

I know it's not TOO big of a deal, but I paid money assuming I'd get the correct jersey with correct numbering and lettering. Thanks.

I would call NHL.com and complain, they might not do anything about it, but, maybe at the least they'll give you some money back on it. We are all paying alot for these jerseys, and I say that gives us a right to expect to recieve the correct item.

I recieved this in the mail today from icejerseys.... Luc wore the "C" in his final home game with the Kings.

IMG_0930.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

BTW... does the font on the "robitaille" look big??? Comparing it to another Robitaille jersey that was customized by NHL.com, the fonts dont match up. Which one is correct???

IMG_0471.jpg