It arrived today

lafountain

Hey guys, I got my new RBK Premier Leafs jersey today from NHL.com with some complaints.

This is my first order from NHL.com and I am debating returning it because of the job they did.

I know it's not TOO big of a deal, but I paid money assuming I'd get the correct jersey with correct numbering and lettering. Thanks.

IT is a big deal. The font for the name is completely wrong. The "A" is wrong too, like you said. I would contact them and require that they send you a new one with their obvious mistakes corrected or better yet, get a full refund and buy the same thing from icejerseys to get not only the correct fonts, but sewn on twill and not the shiny, heat pressed numbers that frankly, look really cheap and bush beer league.

Seriously, I think by getting the fonts wrong for the name and "A", they've given you an "out" so you can send it back and get a properly sewn on one.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I e-mailed customer service at NHL.com and I will call tomorrow if I don't hear anything. Although, talking to customer service at the NHL shop is like talking to a rock. The guy on the phone had no idea there was a difference between sewn on twill and heat pressed when I asked him. I'm not gonna let this one go un-fixed.

BTW... does the font on the "robitaille" look big??? Comparing it to another Robitaille jersey that was customized by NHL.com, the fonts dont match up. Which one is correct???

Well my gut tells me to always trust IJ over NHL.com

Looking for evidence, I came across this game worn Robitaille from 2006 jersey on www.meigray.com

img2149902.jpg

Kinda muddies the water a bit since it's different than the other two, but I really think the size of the lettering more closely matches your IJ jersey. The only downside is that it looks like they spaced the letters out more on the gamer.

Hey all, I received an email back from NHL.com regarding my Dominic Moore 3rd jersey.

"Dear Rick,

Thank you for contacting Customer Service at www.shop.nhl.com.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Our records indicate you have received the jersey as pictured on our NHL Shop.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and thank you again for contacting Customer Service at www.shop.nhl.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Representative"

So this brought me back to the NHL Shop website to determine what the jersey "looked like". Obviously, it's highly inaccurate to the on-ice product.

leafsAlogo.jpg

So I e-mailed them back saying that the "A" was different from what I received. It looks like NHL.com is looking for a way out on this because the order I received was simply what the preview showed, even though its not even close to what the actual 3rd jersey looks like.

I told the customer service rep that the "A"s did not match, so hopefully i'll be able to get an answer on it by tomorrow.

I'm done with shopping at NHL.com, from now on, it's all IceJerseys.

You know, when i heard we were getting the edge jerseys, i thought to my self, "why not". To me there more similar in feel not weight to Starter jerseys which i like. heck i even bought a Carolina Hurricanes home Blank when they first came out. I thought about getting a custom Hurricanes alt back when Nhl.com had free customization but now im glad i waited. Its a shame we are paying more money for these jerseys as it is, but after seeing the poor and inaccurate customization job Nhl.com did on Maverick's jersey (no offense), i will not be buying one from nhl.com. I should not be paying more for lesser materials such as screen printed patches and numbers. They almost look like a home job that someone did on ebay to make some quick money. Its a shame because i love the new Hurricanes and Coyotes thirds. I will probably still get them just not from Nhl.

Well my gut tells me to always trust IJ over NHL.com

Looking for evidence, I came across this game worn Robitaille from 2006 jersey on www.meigray.com

img2149902.jpg

Kinda muddies the water a bit since it's different than the other two, but I really think the size of the lettering more closely matches your IJ jersey. The only downside is that it looks like they spaced the letters out more on the gamer.

Hmm, thanks for the info... I guess the IJ jersey does look a little closer than the NHL.com jersey.

And for pretty good prices too

You bought two of them?

Cha-ching!

Yep i plan to make the XL one a Granato and the Large one Gretzky

Finally got my '96 World Cup USA jersey in the mail yesterday. I haven't taken pictures of it yet, but here are the ones from the auction (which sadly don't show of how nice it is):

e78b_1.JPGf6ac_1.JPG

Now here's my dilemma ... I actually like/respect Bill Guerin even though he plays for the Isles now. However, I'm seriously tempted to try to strip this and make it into a #35 Mike Richter jersey (afterall he was tourney MVP). I'm just worried that as rare as these '96 World Cup jerseys are, it'd be a sacrilege to mess with one that's already perfectly and beautifully customized.

Finally and most importantly :P am I the only one who thinks Bill Guerin looks like Harry Conick Jr?

Finally got my '96 World Cup USA jersey in the mail yesterday. I haven't taken pictures of it yet, but here are the ones from the auction (which sadly don't show of how nice it is):

e78b_1.JPGf6ac_1.JPG

Now here's my dilemma ... I actually like/respect Bill Guerin even though he plays for the Isles now. However, I'm seriously tempted to try to strip this and make it into a #35 Mike Richter jersey (afterall he was tourney MVP). I'm just worried that as rare as these '96 World Cup jerseys are, it'd be a sacrilege to mess with one that's already perfectly and beautifully customized.

Finally and most importantly :P am I the only one who thinks Bill Guerin looks like Harry Conick Jr?

I'd try to strip and see if it can be re-customised with another player. The Number fonts ain't correct.

I'd try to strip and see if it can be re-customised with another player. The Number fonts ain't correct.

Wow good catch - I had never noticed it but you're right the top serif on the "1" should be diagonal not curved and the base of the "2" shouldn't have a serif at all.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/228676.jp...E4C2263CBCEDE58 (example of the "1")

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/228458.jp...6083988FAD1B8ED (example of the "2")

I guess that settles it for me and I feel much better about stripping it now. Plus I need to put a World Cup patch on it anyways.

Nice pickup. Sucks that the numbering is off at although it allows you to slap Richter on there. I actually just got a post office note for my WC jersey I won from the guy in Ireland. Waiting on the patch to send out to IJ to get Richter slapped on. @ Jeff anyway you can send me those Richter pix? For whatever reason, I'm not able to download them or just print them. I've had others try as well and it hasn't worked. Thanks

NICE. Great choice with Richter too. He was the reason the Americans won the Cup that year. Oh and you can find those patches at RiverCitySports.com...you'll have to pay those ridiculous shipping costs though.

NICE. Great choice with Richter too. He was the reason the Americans won the Cup that year. Oh and you can find those patches at RiverCitySports.com...you'll have to pay those ridiculous shipping costs though.

Yeah, that's where I ordered my patch from last week. Added a few other items to make the shipping worth it.

HA! I was actually gonna say the same thing because I do that too. I think I've officially run out of things to buy from them though. Now, I just need to find someone who sells the 2004 World Cup patch.

I grab a team usa hat, Germany hat and t shirt and also an IIHF patch.

Look what i just bought at the Mall..

http://public.fotki.com/LIGHTNING4/nhl-jer.../jersey101.html

Nice pick up man, I love that blue color and I'm glad they went that route. Still not big on "BOLTS" but its a good looking sweater. At first I thought you were talking about the old 3rd, and was going bot blown away that you found one in a mall. I got lucky with one of my Kings 3rd jerseys that I found at a rink about two years ago. I couldn't believe I was seeing what I saw, I looked it over numberous times before believing I had found one, the fact it was 50% off blew my mind!

Not to be a ###### or anything, but next time if you could post in the "It arrived today thread" instead of starting a new topic every time you pick something up? I know I and I'm assuming others would appreciate it. The It arrived today thread has become the place everyone posts their new pickups, be it something that was shipped or picked up at the local store. If we started a new thread for each jersey we bought, that's all we'd see. If you have a specific question about a style, lettering number, etc please post and someone will try and give you the info you are looking for. If you are looking to buy something specific, you can always put a post in the Buy Sell Trade forum and people will look it over.

Sorry about that..i will do it next time i get something..still a little new at this lol