It arrived today

lafountain

Merry Christmas today, everyone. I didn't get any jerseys today because I was a naughty, but I'm looking forward to see if Santa was good to any of you.

Happy Holidays and a healthy New Year to all.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I got a wicked jersey for Christmas from the wife and another from the in-laws and parents on the way. Woohoo! Pics sometime in the future.

We all love gifts and surprises, but we don't like suspense! What are they? Congrats.

Wife got me Philly's 3rd authentic with Richards. The family has gotten me a Sens 3rd with Phillips. I am out for a good week but once I'm back in the groove I'll post pics. The philly jersey makes me feel like a pylon it's bright.

Here's my real life Christmas story.

I took my son to Hockey Giant and he fell in love with the kids street hockey goalie gear set. Pads, blocker, catching glove, mask and chest protector. The works.

He put it in his letter to Santa. It was the only thing he asked for when he sat on Santa's lap.

But my wife didn't want to get it for him. It was $100 and I've been out of work for a year and it's pretty excessive for playing knee hockey in the house.

Even though we've been trying to set him up for not getting it, like telling him to ask Santa for multiple things in case he can't make everything, on the night of the 23rd while I was putting him to bed, he said, "I sure hope Santa brings me the street hockey goalie gear."

I did have some freelance work on the 24th and finished up at 2:30. I was stressing about how to deal with the situation and decided that Santa does NOT disappoint 5 year olds. I had to drive across town in heavy traffic on the freeway at no more than 30 miles and hour. It took over a half hour to get there and I finally arrived at 3:03 PM, only to be told they closed at 3:00.

There was a guy inside mopping the floor and I could still see a customer or two still checking out, so I knocked on the glass. He said they were closed. I asked "Do you still have any of the street hockey goalie sets?" He asked and said they had one - and it was on hold.

I said, "I'll buy it right now." He checked with his boss, opened the door and let me in and I was able to buy the only one they had, on hold for someone else, after the store had closed on Christmas Eve.

I got up this morning at 5:30, snuck out to the car, brought it in the house and wrapped it and hid it behind the tree, away from the other Santa stuff my wife knew about.

His reaction was completely worth it and my wife even said later, "I'm glad you chose not to listen to me."

:D

Great story Jeff. Very nice of the store to let you in too and to sell you the set.

Looking forward to seeing the pics of your new jerseys Finny.

I talked to the seller and he said if I think the numbers are off on the back he will adjust it for free... I'll get some more detailed pics on here once the jersey arrives.

Nice story, Jeff. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

IMGA0269.jpg

This is the new alternate/third jersey for the AHL Lake Erie Monsters. All black except for the elbows and collar, the "Monster" logo moved from the left shoulder to the chest, the "M" logo moved from the chest to the left shoulder, and the Avalanche logo unchanged on the right shoulder. They have not worn them yet, and are not scheduled to until 01/10/09. This just showed up tonight in the Cavs' shop at Quicken Loans Arena. Premier replicas only available for now.

Earlier in the week I got my Coyotes 3rd jersey in the mail, no customization on it...I wear all my jerseys for pickup hockey and don't mind the looks of the old practice jerseys style. In my opinion jerseys with horizontol stripes on them at least need a number on the back or they really look incomplete. The Coyotes jersey must have some charm as I popped 5 goals on Wednesday...been a long time since I potted that many.

Then on Christmas eve my Blackhawk winter classic jersey showed up....had it customized with #15 and my last name..looks good...wore it on boxing day but it only had one goal in it...mind you I switched over to my white Hawk jersey about half way thru the skate.

About a week ago I got 2 russian jerseys with my name on the back spelt in russian...or so they said it was but it does look close enough to my name...I was considering gettin NOGOALOV on the back.

I've got about 25 jerseys now but I think I am coming to an end unless I see something that is different...probably have to be an AHL or junior team jersey. I am curious to see what Canada's jersey will look like for the olympics.

Nice story, Jeff. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

IMGA0269.jpg

This is the new alternate/third jersey for the AHL Lake Erie Monsters. All black except for the elbows and collar, the "Monster" logo moved from the left shoulder to the chest, the "M" logo moved from the chest to the left shoulder, and the Avalanche logo unchanged on the right shoulder. They have not worn them yet, and are not scheduled to until 01/10/09. This just showed up tonight in the Cavs' shop at Quicken Loans Arena. Premier replicas only available for now.

Now, I might be getting myself a Monsters jersey...I hated the "M" logo. Nice pickup.

That Lake Erie 3rd looks great. I have always been a fan of that logo - as others have stated, much better than the M crest.

That Lake Erie 3rd looks great. I have always been a fan of that logo - as others have stated, much better than the M crest.

Where online can I get the Monsters 3rd?

Where online can I get the Monsters 3rd?

I would guess that theAHL.com will have this soon, as they have had all the other third AHL jerseys this year. The Monster's site probably will soon, too. The only place that this is available now is at the arena store.

I'm not sure how I feel about this jersey. It's kind of plain to me, and I'm tired of all the black out there now. While I think it's great that they finally put the primary logo on the chest, maybe it's fitting that a team that is named after a body of water instead of a city, state or region should have their secondary logo on the chest of their jerseys. I like the standard jerseys better. But maybe that's because of the amount of money that I've invested in them. . .

Wife got me Philly's 3rd authentic with Richards. The family has gotten me a Sens 3rd with Phillips. I am out for a good week but once I'm back in the groove I'll post pics. The philly jersey makes me feel like a pylon it's bright.

Can't wait to see the pictures of the Richards sweater! I'm looking to order one for myself in the next few days! :stickhndl:

Got this in..the spot in the first picture is from the light in my room lol

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2349119270104343728jJucBk

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2583715270104343728xcBwpv

One thing, the patch should be a little bit higher. Beautiful jersey though!

One thing, the patch should be a little bit higher. Beautiful jersey though!

The thing with those jerseys is that there is a seam that runs right across the top of the chest and customizers seem deathly afraid of sewing anything across it.

I've had patches and letters placed either way too high or way too low when they tried to avoid it for some reason.

O i bought it off Ebay with a buy it now of $130 with free shipping..Should i have the path relocated?and where would the right spot be?thanks

Nice pickups