It arrived today

lafountain

That is a beauty of a jersey, even for an EDGE cut, that looks awesome.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My recent arrivals:

Authentic Atlanta Thrashers #17 Kovalchuk home jersey

2884528010054115799S600x600Q85.jpg

2232358880054115799S600x600Q85.jpg

Game worn Anaheim Mighty Ducks #19 Andy McDonald home jersey, Season 2002-2003, Set 2, light wear + unrepaired holes.

2205333650054115799S600x600Q85.jpg

2333829570054115799S600x600Q85.jpg

Is this the jersey Andy wore in the playoffs when the ducks went all the way to the finals?

Is this the jersey Andy wore in the playoffs when the ducks went all the way to the finals?

The playoff set would be set 3 from that year. I have the Steve Rucchin dark jersey from that set.

Interesting that the "c" in the name is raised up and not down along the bottom line of the other letters.

The playoff set would be set 3 from that year. I have the Steve Rucchin dark jersey from that set.

That's right. Mine is a Set 2 Regular Season jersey. The first jersey listed on the 2002-03 Meigray population report :D

So the playoff set was set 3, What about the jerseys with the finals patch? Set 4?

Interesting that the "c" in the name is raised up and not down along the bottom line of the other letters.

I wonder what they would have done, if the name was spelled "MacDonald".

That's right. Mine is a Set 2 Regular Season jersey. The first jersey listed on the 2002-03 Meigray population report :D

So the playoff set was set 3, What about the jerseys with the finals patch? Set 4?

Interesting detail about being the first one on the population report from that year.

As for the SCF jerseys from that year, they were a completely separate set. The players wore one set until one of the teams won 3 games, those sets were sold by Meigray. The second set of SCF jerseys once a team got to 3 games, were kept by the players.

I've seen that before actually. When the Canucks were in their 'golden' era, Kirk McLean's name had the super-scripted lower-cased 'c'. I think it's pretty cool.

I got this in the mail today:

ngers3rdcirca20032CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

It came tagged with Holik but it's not anymore! I'm thinking about making this into a Matthew Barnaby jersey.

I got this in the mail today:

ngers3rdcirca20032CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

It came tagged with Holik but it's not anymore! I'm thinking about making this into a Matthew Barnaby jersey.

Barnaby? Please don't tell me that.

Heh...what's wrong with Barnaby? He was a pain on the Sabres but he was a really likable guy while on the Rangers. I don't know...I want something with a '6' in it to somewhat cover up the 6 I took off the back. I figured he'd be a decent choice. And I'll tell ya...there's not much else from that team that I'd want on that jersey. I already have a Messier one so that's out. Leetch would work but I don't want to put a single digit on this jersey because you'll see the outlines.

I got a present in the mail today:

eLeafs3rdcirca2002CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Leafs3rdcirca2002bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

I guess maybe I should just stop collecting right now because I don't know if they get any better than this one.

is that Renberg a game issue?

Hehe, I was about to ask, if it's game worn before I completely scrolled down.

@Brilliant!

How does the Rangers jersey look on the back? Is it that bad that you're forced to choose a player with a 6 in his number?

Hehe, I was about to ask, if it's game worn before I completely scrolled down.

@Brilliant!

How does the Rangers jersey look on the back? Is it that bad that you're forced to choose a player with a 6 in his number?

YOU just want him to cover it up with a pair of 8's! <_<

is that Renberg a game issue?

It's a gamer from March 2, 2002 when the Leafs wore St. Pat's throwbacks for their 75th anniversary. Each player was issued two jerseys to wear for the night. One went to auction and the other was for the players themselves. The paperwork says he wore this one in the 1st period for sure and maybe for the 2nd too.

Regarding the Rangers jersey, the back really isn't THAT bad. I ironed it a few times and got most of the outline out but I'm neurotic that way so if I can see even a little bit of the outline after recustomizing, I'm gonna be up-tight about it. I figured I'd go with a rounded 2nd number and there really aren't that many options since I DON'T want a Lindros or a Jagr jersey. I might as well go with Barnaby. Besides, how many people have a Matt Barnaby Rangers vintage jersey? Probably not too many. Most of the people in my section are always commenting on how many obscure jerseys I have so this'll just give them something else to talk about!

Cool St. Pats jersey Brilliant.

Today was a great mail day. One of my grails arrived - a 1991-1992 Blackhawks TBTC ultrafil with the NHL 75th anniversary patch. I'm a happy camper!

P1140003.jpg

P1140007.jpg

O your the one who outbid me on that jersey..lol..anyways very nice pickups

Nice dude! That, along with the Canadiens one, is my favorite TBTC jersey. It's also the only one I DON'T have. What's the crest like? Is it felt-like or is it embroidered/chain-stitched like the current Blackhawk heads?

Cool St. Pats jersey Brilliant.

Today was a great mail day. One of my grails arrived - a 1991-1992 Blackhawks TBTC ultrafil with the NHL 75th anniversary patch. I'm a happy camper!

P1140003.jpg

P1140007.jpg

Very nice :thumbsup:

It is in great condition. I missed out on the last one of these that I saw on the bay. That one was new with tags and went for quite a bit, but I was able to pick this one up for less.

I have a later airknit replica TBTC, Belfour w/reproduction NHL 75th patch, but this is the one I really wanted.

Brilliant, the crest isn't the chain stitching of the current crest. Its tight embroidery similar to the crest on the Hawks WC jersey, but on a thick fabric backing instead of the more felt-like backing the WC used.

Lightning, it may well have been me, but I think I better plead the 5th ^_^

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

Sorry I'm late on this, pics came out dark, the orange is much brighter, think of the orange on a crossing guard or construction workers vest. A lot of airknit fabric on it, Reebok has amended the neck tag, the orange numbers on the sleeves are quite shiny and a much darker tone then the orange of the jersey, also note nameplate is airknit fabric and not a solid white panel. The font used is the modern version and not the retro that many were curious about.

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

Sorry I'm late on this, pics came out dark, the orange is much brighter, think of the orange on a crossing guard or construction workers vest. A lot of airknit fabric on it, Reebok has amended the neck tag, the orange numbers on the sleeves are quite shiny and a much darker tone then the orange of the jersey, also note nameplate is airknit fabric and not a solid white panel. The font used is the modern version and not the retro that many were curious about.

I hate the team. I hate the colors. I hate the logo. But because of the white nameplate, as well as the story behind it, I think those jerseys are just so badass! If I didn't have the disdain for the flyers that I was born with, I would actually snag one of those. Sweet jersey.