It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

My grail:

IMG_0232.jpg

Wildwing authentic. Arrived today, I don't know that I have ever been so excited to open a box.

Shout out to LIGHTNING_4 for the hookup!

tumblr_lhyumsV5cd1qhbcvno1_400.jpg

Sick jersey man!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just got a couple more jerseys in and figured it was about time I posted what I've bought since I stumbled across this place. Sorry for the picture quality, but it was much easier to take a picture with my cell phone and upload it rather than trying to find a camera and then connect it and transfer the pictures before uploading them.

First is a Crosby Winter Classic 550 jersey I purchased customized from Ice Jerseys shortly after the first WC. I have a patch to put on it, but just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

img00091201103251036.th.jpg

img00092201103251038.th.jpg

Next is a Crosby Olympic replica jersey that I bought last summer from IceJerseys.

img00093201103251044.th.jpg

img00094201103251046.th.jpg

Here we have a Malkin Edge jersey like he wore when he won the Conn Smyth (and cup too I guess ;)). Took advantage of the RCS sale and sent it to Cutting Edge Sports to be customized.

img00095201103251056.th.jpg

img00097201103251119.th.jpg

img00100201103251120.th.jpg

And finally, a Letang Edge 2011 Winter Classic jersey bought from IceJerseys during their sale around Christmas. Customization was done by Cutting Edge Sports as well, but I would have had IceJerseys do it had I known for sure that they were using stacked numbers and not kiss cut. Would've saved money as well, oh well. Of course, waiting until after the game ensured that the chosen player would in fact wear the jersey.

img00101201103251122.th.jpg

img00102201103251124.th.jpg

img00103201103251124.th.jpg

As for Cutting Edge Sports' customization, they did a fairly good job of replicating the jerseys (as they should, since they do the on-ice ones). There are a few threads that ran off the letter a bit during stitching, but honestly, I can live with that. The letters are also spaced out slightly more on my jersey than the one he wore, but all in all I'm happy.

First is a Crosby Winter Classic 550 jersey I purchased customized from Ice Jerseys shortly after the first WC. I have a patch to put on it, but just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

I don't get it. You bought after the first WC. It took this long to get here, or are you just confusing me?

2005-06 Simon Gagne game worn orange alternate jersey size 54. Worn on 3/25/2006 vs. Ottawa and auctioned off after the game. Meigray tagged and LOA from the Flyers Wives Charities. Not much game wear to speak of but there are some fabric pulls and a few stick marks. Signed as well by Gagne.

2892538010105558261S600x600Q85.jpg

2045910960105558261S600x600Q85.jpg

2005-06 Simon Gagne game worn orange alternate jersey size 54. Worn on 3/25/2006 vs. Ottawa and auctioned off after the game. Meigray tagged and LOA from the Flyers Wives Charities. Not much game wear to speak of but there are some fabric pulls and a few stick marks. Signed as well by Gagne.

2892538010105558261S600x600Q85.jpg

2045910960105558261S600x600Q85.jpg

Even the team customizers goof up. Look at how that Gagne nameplate is off center.

I've had the Nike Chelios for a little while, but the PP Probert and Toews allstar just came. The allstar has a cool story. I had ordered a blank from RCS when they had their sale and intended to get it customized with Toews. Then RCS called (after 6 weeks waiting) to tell me that they did not have the stock they had originally thought and refunded my money on the order. So - two days later I grabbed this one on Ebay for less than half what the RCS blank would have cost! The nameplate is wrong, but NBD.

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

Looking at the back of the Gagne jersey it looks like the nameplate could have gone a bit to the left and the numbers could have came over to the right. I guess the guy at Ruberti's (they did the jerseys for the Flyers back then) must have had too much sauce that day. :wacko:

Yeah, the thing throwing everything off on the Gagne is the numbers. They're shifted waaaaay to the left. That's an easy photo-match though!

Love that Probert jersey too. Awesome!

I've had the Nike Chelios for a little while, but the PP Probert and Toews allstar just came. The allstar has a cool story. I had ordered a blank from RCS when they had their sale and intended to get it customized with Toews. Then RCS called (after 6 weeks waiting) to tell me that they did not have the stock they had originally thought and refunded my money on the order. So - two days later I grabbed this one on Ebay for less than half what the RCS blank would have cost! The nameplate is wrong, but NBD.

WOW. nice PP Probert man and the Nike Hawks jersey are SO nice also.

Here we have a Malkin Edge jersey like he wore when he won the Conn Smyth (and cup too I guess ;)). Took advantage of the RCS sale and sent it to Cutting Edge Sports to be customized.

I will be posting a jersey very soon that will partner yours. I wonder who could it be??!? ^_^

Props on the procrastination post too! :thumbsup:

Love the Probert jersey. I'm about half way through his book right now.

Got this one today. I really like this style practice jersey. Wish I could find a Montreal in red or blue like it.

2870228470107003020S500x500Q85.jpg

Looking at the back of the Gagne jersey it looks like the nameplate could have gone a bit to the left and the numbers could have came over to the right. I guess the guy at Ruberti's (they did the jerseys for the Flyers back then) must have had too much sauce that day. :wacko:

Lol, too much sauce, but to the point. Am I the only one who likes these types of quirks when it comes to customization? I understand wanting to get regular authentic jerseys as accurate to the on-ice jerseys as possible, but when it comes to gamers, I would enjoy something like this.

Got this one today. I really like this style practice jersey. Wish I could find a Montreal in red or blue like it.

I remember seeing that on eBay a while ago. :thumbsup:

I can't believe Gagne didn't send it back to get fixed.... :lol:

I remember seeing that on eBay a while ago. :thumbsup:

Yes it was. I also won an black Av's and a red Blues of the same style this week.

Got this in from eBay earlier today. Yes, it's wrong. However, after much thought, I decided that since the Starter's are also wrong in that I haven't seen a replica with the correct collar yet, if I'm going to have a jersey that's wrong either way, I'd rather have one that's correct aesthetically. Anyway, here it is

CCM white Liberty jersey

200543_10150116957402015_507552014_6977840_2935638_n.jpg

190725_10150116957432015_507552014_6977841_745455_n.jpg

199459_10150116957467015_507552014_6977842_1725693_n.jpg

Not sure who I'm going to put on the back yet, it's not going to be lettered until closer to next season. Right now the candidates are Leetch, Richter or maybe Gretzky. Probably one of Leetch or Richter though. This concludes my Rangers collection until Callahan gets the "C". I'm moving on to Team USA jerseys in the future.

Nice ranger jersey (time to go wash the mouth out with soap). That is my favorite style they wore and would consider buying one.

Got this in from eBay earlier today. Yes, it's wrong. However, after much thought, I decided that since the Starter's are also wrong in that I haven't seen a replica with the correct collar yet, if I'm going to have a jersey that's wrong either way, I'd rather have one that's correct aesthetically. Anyway, here it is

CCM white Liberty jersey

ProPlayer vs Starter white collar differences.

IMGA0167.jpg

ProPlayer vs Starter white collar differences.

IMGA0167.jpg

That was posted before (probably by you). The Pro Player/CCM collar is correct based on on-ice pictures and gamers. Some of the retail Starter authentics had the same issue as the replicas with the collar, depending on where they were made. There was a discussion on this where Akteon posted pictures of his Starter authentic, and someone else, I think nogoal, posted a picture of Gretzky on the ice in a white Liberty. The order of the collar was the same as the PP/CCM.

Nice ranger jersey (time to go wash the mouth out with soap). That is my favorite style they wore and would consider buying one.

Haha. Don't say that too loud, the Islander faithful on here (are there any? ;)) might disown you. The white Liberty was always my favorite, it's a beautiful jersey and I'm very happy with it, even if it's not the brand worn on the ice. If I ever find a Starter replica with the correct collar though and at a reasonable price (I got this one for $45 shipped, seller was very cool) I'm gonna grab it.

Yes, I re-posted that picture. As much as I love the Starter jerseys, they did make some errors, this one, Coyotes' third collar, LA Ice Dogs collar and arm outlines, and Detroit Vipers missing shoulder patches are examples that come to mind (yes, Starter did make some IHL replica jerseys).

Yes, I re-posted that picture. As much as I love the Starter jerseys, they did make some errors, this one, Coyotes' third collar, LA Ice Dogs collar and arm outlines, and Detroit Vipers missing shoulder patches are examples that come to mind (yes, Starter did make some IHL replica jerseys).

I actually do not really fit comfortably into my lone Starter replica, but I'm working on changing that lol. I bought a large thinking it would be wearable since I fit in large jerseys from CCM and Koho. No such luck, so I can't really speak for how I like them. I do love my one and only Pro Player jersey, and I was actually going to buy a white PP Liberty before buying the CCM. I put a bid in, and the guy ended it with 10 minutes left claiming he was "called out of town". Jersey was relisted a couple days later at a higher starting bid, with higher shipping and sold for 75 bucks last night.

I do however love the Starter Liberty replicas, since the crest and patches are sewn on and it just looks better. I'm not going to hold my breath trying to find either, since they're really not necessary at this point. Maybe one day, but for now my Rangers collection is on hold. I want some USA jerseys next.