2463658980105778501S600x600Q85.jpg

2485429800105778501S600x600Q85.jpg

Finding jerseys like this makes me all warm inside :wub:

I'm also quite happy that I was able to work that emoticon into a post

That is a beauty of a jersey.

1988-89 Mesh CCM Mess -

Finding jerseys like this makes me all warm inside :wub:

I'm also quite happy that I was able to work that emoticon into a post

Beautiful Messier jersey Chris, that is a real classic. I think that's an 89-90 jersey not 88-89 because they were still wearing Nike in 88-89. Messier is actually doing a signing this weekend at the local sportscard and memoribilia show but the price is steep to get him to scribble his name on a jersey, $275 to be exact :blink: wow.

Anyways, I re-aquired this from slimcutta. I kinda regretted selling it after the fact but luckily for me Chris isn't into the new Edge jerseys and I was able to get it back. Also, a big pick-up for me should be arriving next week that wouldn't have happened without Chris' help so lotsa thanks go out to him :thumbsup:

2545546200105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2903135870105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

I think that's an 89-90 jersey not 88-89 because they were still wearing Nike in 88-89. Messier is actually doing a signing this weekend at the local sportscard and memoribilia show but the price is steep to get him to scribble his name on a jersey, $275 to be exact :blink: wow.

Also, a big pick-up for me should be arriving next week that wouldn't have happened without Chris' help so lotsa thanks go out to him :thumbsup:

Well, they had some CCM's by the end of the 88-89 season, but I guess I'd have to find a patch for it. And then they wore them at the start of 89-90, but by 90 they'd switch to air-knit. I guess it should be an '89 only.

I can't believe they charge that much!!! How does that work anyways? I mean, moose is rich enough, and you wouldnt' think he'd be in it for the money. Anyone know how much is his vs the venue's?

I'm glad to hear you finally got your deal done...it only took a few months, but I'm sure it'll have been worth the wait :glare:

Well, they had some CCM's by the end of the 88-89 season, but I guess I'd have to find a patch for it. And then they wore them at the start of 89-90, but by 90 they'd switch to air-knit. I guess it should be an '89 only.

I can't believe they charge that much!!! How does that work anyways? I mean, moose is rich enough, and you wouldnt' think he'd be in it for the money. Anyone know how much is his vs the venue's?

I'm glad to hear you finally got your deal done...it only took a few months, but I'm sure it'll have been worth the wait :glare:

Yeah, once the seller finally e-mailed me we got a deal worked out pretty quickly. Anyways, we have the sports card and memoribilia expo twice a year that runs all this weekend. AJ's Sportsworld organizes the autograph guests that will be signing throughout the weekend at the event. Messier is signing on sunday so you go there and purchase a ticket for whatever you want signed and then wait in line for him to sign. If you want a jersey signed it's $275, I guess his price is so high because AJ's had to pay him a crapload to do the signing.

Well picked up a jersey locally off Kijiji today and got one in the mail. The Kariya is just a replica unfortunately but I still love it, the Buffalo was a local purchase that budy was getting rid of for $60 lol, couldn't say no!!!

p1020242ck.jpg

p1020243v.jpg

p1020244u.jpg

p1020246z.jpg

Got in a lupul gamer, set 1 from this year. This is the first jersey he wore when he came back from his back/blood infection injury. Not much wear at all since he came back two months into the year. I feel like this is a 1.0 but I can't tell. It has that spandex type material for the gold. I have a 07-08 dipenta gamer and from what I can tell is the exact same jersey.

1bef7972.jpg

bdea414a.jpg

45ba799d.jpg

12721da4.jpg

Got in a lupul gamer, set 1 from this year. This is the first jersey he wore when he came back from his back/blood infection injury. Not much wear at all since he came back two months into the year. I feel like this is a 1.0 but I can't tell. It has that spandex type material for the gold. I have a 07-08 dipenta gamer and from what I can tell is the exact same jersey.

Gonna say 2.0 based on the air knit fabric near the size tag.

It's definitely a 2.0. The only team in the league that still exclusively uses the 1.0's are the Edmonton Oilers. Why? I have no idea...but they do.

It's definitely a 2.0. The only team in the league that still exclusively uses the 1.0's are the Edmonton Oilers. Why? I have no idea...but they do.

I thought they switched overfor this year. I can swear they gave Taylor Hall a 2.0 at the draft. http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Taylor+Hall/2010+NHL+Entry+Draft+Portraits/Vf_oE4fnfEt

circa20101aReebokEDGEauthentic-vi.jpg

circa20101bReebokEDGEauthentic-vi.jpg

rdcirca2010ReebokEDGEauthentic-vi.jpg

dcirca2010bReebokEDGEauthentic-vi.jpg

:) :) :)

I've been entirely too busy to keep up with this forum lately, but I'm glad I caught this post. Nice pickups, especially the Weise. I assume those came from the Steiner sale?

Yeah, there are a couple individual players that still do the 1.0's but the Oilers are the only TEAM that still use them. But, as for the 2.0's go, they were introduced not too long after the whole EDGE thing made its' appearance in the NHL. The players didn't like the way it dumped sweat into their gloves and skates so they subbed the old air-knit for it all along the front of the jersey. I want to say that the 2nd set of the 2007-08 jerseys were mostly 2.0's but I also think that it depended on what the players themselves wanted.

Alright I know I say this once in while, but can we not requote tons of pictures? Some of us are on computers that have been crashing a lot lately. Thanks guys!

Yeah I always thought it was something they felt was uncomfortable, but it must have been more severe if the 1.0's couldnt make it through a single season. The fact that reebok sells a product that hasnt been on the ice in around 4 years is rediculous

That DiPenta is definitely a 2.0.

Got these back from EPS today. Couldn't be happier with how quickly and well they turned out:

2905281270105040840S600x600Q85.jpg2816159280105040840S600x600Q85.jpg

2866134150105040840S600x600Q85.jpg2529479240105040840S600x600Q85.jpg

The Carlsons are very nice! :thumbsup:

Alright I know I say this once in while, but can we not requote tons of pictures? Some of us are on computers that have been crashing a lot lately. Thanks guys!

Quoting images doesn't make your computer crash....You have other issues with your computer, a complete lack of RAM and a terrible processor would be my first guess. Just sayin'

That DiPenta is definitely a 2.0.

Got these back from EPS today. Couldn't be happier with how quickly and well they turned out:

Dude you need to stop with all your Carlson stuff. Whenever I see you post a new pickup all that goes through my head is Steve Eminger.

But they are sick!

Quoting images doesn't make your computer crash....You have other issues with your computer, a complete lack of RAM and a terrible processor would be my first guess. Just sayin'

Look I'm sorry if I also don't want extra pictures to load, its also been said by other people many times about the pictures thing and is common courtesy. Its not directed at anyone, I was just reminding people.

OK, I need to get caught up here after working three Twins games in two days followed by a entire day conducting inventory on the third. :blink:

The Canadiens Vintage jersey is unique because of the two color number, red outlined in blue, since that was only worn for one year. The next time they used it the numbers were three colors, with white in between the blue and red.

Next, the Canada jersey also has a story. Canada wore those CCM jerseys in the 1998 Calgary Olympics (without the sponsor patches) and were fined since they did not wear the Tackla made jerseys they were supposed to wear like everyone else. Is the blue outline around the numbers a layer of twill or just blue stitching holding down the white outline?

The Mogilny is cool. He was limited to 51 games that season for some reason. My first thought was to add the Game ONe 97 patch for the games in Japan, but he didn't play in those games.

Nothing beats the antler numbers on a moose jersey. Nuthin'. Did you know that crest was designed as part of a design contest on the Chris Creamer logo boards? No fancy, schmancy New York design firm on that one.

The Rangers heritage is a sweet jersey, proving less is more sometimes.

I bet that mesh Oilers CCM is a rare one. That's not a fabric I associate with CCM.