It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

Been waiting for this baby for a while but here we go:

Mikko Koskinen 2011 White Set 3 Rookie New York Islanders jersey. Worn during his first NHL 2/10/11 against Montreal, then 3 nights later against Buffalo when he got pulled and Al Montoya rose to become the starter for the Islanders. Would love the matching blue but couldn't afford it at the time and I'm sure it got snatched up. Now I understand what typical goalie wear is too!

Back:

2558641990107043032S425x425Q85.jpg

Front:

2727074350107043032S425x425Q85.jpg

Photomatch:

2640632010107043032S425x425Q85.jpg

There's a mark to the right of the crest (top is where the end of Long Island is) that corresponds to a repair on the jersey. You can kind of see it in the second picture (only have a crappy cell phone to use)

Props to NYIJM29 for helping me get this one. I'm still a Rangers fan I just have a soft spot for Fins and Swedes.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Such a beautiful jersey! Great Mikko! We all know you are a "closet Islander fan" and there is always room on our bandwagon! :thumbsup:

Team Issued New Jersey Devils Edge 1.0. Pick this up from a member on Jersey Central. Great transaction. This is going to be a Parise.

5585389.jpg

Good call on the Parise. I want one sooo bad, I'm praying the trade him soon so I can actually allow myself one. I'm considering a team USA :/

I have one of the same jerseys but since its a 1.0 it can't get an A, so I'm not sure what to do yet.

Marrrrrty? Marrrrrrty? Or it's not a goalie cut?

Retail 1.0s were sold with the "A" you can do it :thumbsup:

Marrrrrty? Marrrrrrty? Or it's not a goalie cut?

Retail 1.0s were sold with the "A" you can do it :thumbsup:

It's not goalie, not that I'd ever buy a goalie cut cause I like to wear my jerseys, and I know the retails had and still do have the A, but since it's a team issue I'd prefer not to put it on. At the same time though, I really want a Parise jersey because I'm not a Devils fan, but he was on team USA so there's an exception to that rule right there.

I will never have a Parise jersey in my collection for 2 reasons:

1) He snubbed me for an autograph during his rookie year

2) Mike Milbury.

I will never have a Parise jersey in my collection for 2 reasons:

1) He snubbed me for an autograph during his rookie year

2) Mike Milbury.

Having someone snub you is the worst feeling ever. I stayed in the same hotel as the Flames in November and Iginla snubbed me.

This arrived today, no nameplate but glacier twill is good. Only issue is the name and number are quite rumpled as the pictures show. How do I flatten them without damaging things?

p1040309v.jpg

p1040310o.jpg

Having someone snub you is the worst feeling ever. I stayed in the same hotel as the Flames in November and Iginla snubbed me.

I was also 12 at the time lol! He signed for the person after me, but not me. It probably didn't help that I was wearing Isles stuff, but it was after an Isles game at the Coli!

Nice pickups all around :thumbsup:

I think that it's kinda hard to judge a player for that. It all depends on the situation. If you're the only person around then it's messed up, but try going before a Rangers game and gettting Lundqvists autograph. He's GOTTA snub people, otherwise he'd never get inside the building. I got snubbed the first time around by him, and Callahan (the security guard rushed him inside though), but the 2nd time around I got Lundqvist's autograph.

I think that it's kinda hard to judge a player for that. It all depends on the situation. If you're the only person around then it's messed up, but try going before a Rangers game and gettting Lundqvists autograph. He's GOTTA snub people, otherwise he'd never get inside the building. I got snubbed the first time around by him, and Callahan (the security guard rushed him inside though), but the 2nd time around I got Lundqvist's autograph.

he signed for everybody but me. He was even talking to the guy next to me about UND!

Check your PMs.

he signed for everybody but me. He was even talking to the guy next to me about UND!

Check your PMs.

Ouch that must hurt.

Such a beautiful jersey! Great Mikko! We all know you are a "closet Islander fan" and there is always room on our bandwagon!

I just gotta say, I have a lot of respect for any Islanders fan. 4 cups aside, they've been bad for a looooong time. Sticking it out through thick and thin is one thing, but when you've got an ownership, organization, and arena that all match the poor quality of the team, well, that just doesn't leave a whole lot of hope, let alone in such a competitive market. I hope they find better days ahead and actually give you something to cheer about sooner than later :thumbsup:

Theres so much room on the islander bandwagon that when you go to a game, you can have a whole section to yourself ;)

Slim, I am taking it as a compliment lol. Howie Rose, the play-by-play tv announcer, always brings up how there are some loyal fans that struck through the rebuild. It is going to really ###### me off when the Isles become good again and all of the "rangers" bandwagoners join (the people that keep telling me the Isles suck over and over again or the people who dont follow hockey, but on FB post the rangers as their favorite team)

I really hate to say that it really does upset me when I go to a game and my section is practically empty and then people move down and sit right next to me. Seriously...leave a seat! (I am really glad my uncle gave up his tickets 3 years ago. They do not treat season ticket holders right. I pay $26 on Stubhub and can get whatever seat I want...usually right above the zamboni corner, first row :thumbsup: )

To stay on topic...here is a teaser of my graduation present to myself :thumbsup:

IMG_5140.jpg

Nice! Anything on the back?

Yup...you are going to have to wait until June 24th (the day we select Hamilton or Couturier!) :thumbsup:

The player may be a bit of a let down

The player may be a bit of a let down

That whole era was a let down. :lol:

As for the player being a let down, the only guy during that era that I would consider that is Muller. Everyone else gets a pass since the team was awful anyway. Since you already have Palffy and Berard.. McCabe? Bertuzzi? Reichel? McInnis? Fichaud? Salo? Chara?

Personally I would've gone McCabe if he wasn't playing for the enemy now.