It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

Wow, those Zarley's are insane. My all time favorite hockey player name, good work!

Oh, and xcdude, that's what you get for hating my Flyers haha!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You got some of the Zarley jerseys? Nice. I remember the guy on Gameworn.net trying to sell them for a while. He had quite a collection. Glad they found a good home!

Thanks, guys. The 3 Whalers jerseys of his are nice, too. Now that I've gotten bitten by the gamer bug (I hear you never recover :)), I'd almost rather fill a gap like "early 90's Flames jersey" with a game worn than a retail. Doh.

Got this in Pittsburgh during my vacation. This was my second jersey on my list while in Pittsburgh, Letang was first but I couldn't find any anywhere in the city.

Premier Replica:

IMG_2626-1.jpg

IMG_2625-1.jpg

I recently picked up a black All-Star jersey from the 1989-91 and 1992-93 All-Star games, but noticed that the 1991 Chicago patch felt weird. It was applied in a real half-assed manner, like someone had bought the patch and just had it crudely stitched down. There was a decent amount of puckering under the patch, so I got out the ol' seam ripper and started working.

This one took me close to an hour from start to finish. Basically, there was a multi-layered zigzag, and when I got room to get a finger in there, I realized the hard backing for the Chicago patch had never been removed. But, since it was never pressed down to secure it before it was stitched, removal once the stitching was gone was an easy proposition.

Once I got the patch removed, I realized that it had gone where another one had previously been. It's not a great pic, but if you look around the top of the circular outline, you can see what looks like a Superman logo pattern. That's from the original 1989 Edmonton All-Star patch that the jersey would have been bought with.

So now I'm faced with a dilemma. Should I put the Chicago patch back on, even though there's no NHL logo next to the CCM? Should I get an Edmonton patch to go back in place of the missing original, knowing that the outline of the circular Chicago one would remain? Or should I split the difference and get a 1990 Pittsburgh patch?

2592003480055476068S500x500Q85.jpg

@Nathan, I think it depends on which player you want, and which game they were at. However, if you don't plan on getting a name, I would suggest the Chicago patch.

Just picked up a 88-89 Minnesota North stars jersey, just can't decide who to customize it with. Any suggestions out there? Who would you pick?

I have a Bellows, I had them (Vintage Minnesota Hockey) put the 91 Stanley cup patch on. Check out my album. Who did you get your jersey from?

Neal Broten on the North Stars jersey. Just make sure they use the right font for the number. It changed over time.

Picked this up from World Hockey Jerseys. Light wear, stickmarks on sleeves front and back, small board burn. The Polish jerseys are some of my favorites. Wish I could get a retail version of one of these. I'd hate to rock it at Taste of Polonia or Pierogi Fest and end up dripping beer and kiełbasa on it all day. Those marks probably wouldn't count as gamewear. :)

2811189990106640961S200x200Q85.jpg2911561470106640961S200x200Q85.jpg

IMG_6958-1.jpg

I hate to say this, your kind of stompin on my corner there, and you'll have to hand this over to me immediately. Trade for a Todd Simpson Gamer rookie from the following season that has some AWESOME wear and been beat to hell? :rolleyes: I'll even throw in a case of an alcoholic beverage of your choice!

Picked this up from World Hockey Jerseys. Light wear, stickmarks on sleeves front and back, small board burn. The Polish jerseys are some of my favorites. Wish I could get a retail version of one of these. I'd hate to rock it at Taste of Polonia or Pierogi Fest and end up dripping beer and kiełbasa on it all day. Those marks probably wouldn't count as gamewear. :)

Thats awesome! I love some of the stuff World Hockey Jerseys has! I really wish I could just buy them out sometimes :D

Neal Broten on the North Stars jersey. Just make sure they use the right font for the number. It changed over time.

Do you have a photo or example of the font?

I remember the Amerks wearing that jersey a lot in the 2001-02 season, for obvious reasons.

Awesome! I have the home jersey mate to that exact jersey.

Do you have a photo or example of the font?

The earlier ones had a beveled top right corner on the 7

1334057210068449145S425x425Q85.jpg

and the later ones were vertical in the top right.

1327801058068449145S425x425Q85.jpg

my hometown team.. and one of my favorite jerseys. Its a love it or hate it style.

2308747250101356919S600x600Q85.jpg

You can place me in the love it group for that jersey. Awesome pickup.

Yeah, I always dug that style too. It's clever and it works for all the obvious reasons. The shield on the sleeves where the numbers go was pretty wild too. Kinda like the old Cleveland Barons jerseys. They never should have gotten rid of it.

Awesome! I have the home jersey mate to that exact jersey.

The earlier ones had a beveled top right corner on the 7

1334057210068449145S425x425Q85.jpg

and the later ones were vertical in the top right.

1327801058068449145S425x425Q85.jpg

Sweet jersey barzdo dobra me thinks...my pops would be so jelious. ;)

I'm one step closer to my ultimate dream of owning a 1999-2000 All-Star jersey of Petr Buzek.

2811477420055476068S500x500Q85.jpg

That is hilarious!

I remember when the Flames traded Jeff Cowan to Atlanta, I was soo excited because we got a ALL-STAR DEFENCEMEN in return in Petr Buzek...