Here are the twins

2291460480104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love that Gaborik - the old green Minnesota is my favorite Wild jersey.

Also, that Preds jersey is a style I've always loved despite most people's reaction to it. The detail of the gold mesh over the blue make it awesomely unique in my book.

2 satan jerseys?......... :stickhndl:

Yeah they are both up for sale/trade one is a size 56 and the other is a 52

I've been out of buying commission for a little bit myself, but these are two of my new pickups.

The first is a WBS Penguins home jersey from this past season. It's a game worn from backup goalie Adam Berkhoel (who just announced he was retiring from hockey). My friend and I went to the Baby Pens' new headquarters/team store and they had a bunch of the gamers marked down and she was the one who saw it first, so I just had to have it.

I'm pretty excited...this is my first goalie game worn and I will wear it even though my arms pretty much disappear in it when I put it on. It doesn't have a lot of wear, but I am just happy to have a goalie cut jersey.

Berkiefront.jpg

Berkieback.jpg

The second is a Pittsburgh Penguins Kris Letang road jersey that I got in the Ice Jerseys 40% off customization sale.

Letangfront.jpg

Letangback.jpg

Cool pick ups. The goalie gamer looks very nice.

I'm one step closer to my ultimate dream of owning a 1999-2000 All-Star jersey of Petr Buzek.

I have to ask, why the hell is that your dream? There has got to be a wonderful story behind it.

I have to ask, why the hell is that your dream? There has got to be a wonderful story behind it.

That is the wonderful story....Petr Buzek being an all-star.

It was like a Rory Fitzpatrick selection, but it was made by the NHL and not the fans.

That is hilarious!

I remember when the Flames traded Jeff Cowan to Atlanta, I was soo excited because we got a ALL-STAR DEFENCEMEN in return in Petr Buzek...

I was serious.

Buzek was going to be a top-5 pick in 1995, and a few days before the draft, he fell asleep at the wheel and crashed his car in a remote area, so no one found him for about two hours. He broke both legs, dislocated a hip, broke a bunch of ribs and his sternum, and messed up his face pretty good (well, he broke some bones in his face, but I don't know if that really made any difference).

He showed up to the draft in a wheelchair, Dallas picked him in the third round, and even though it was another year before he was back on skates again, he came all the way back and made it to the NHL. Dallas left him exposed in the expansion draft and Atlanta took him. Unfortunately, there's only so much trauma that a body can withstand, and it became obvious that he had peaked and wasn't going to be getting better. But to have made it back from that is in itself a great story and, unfortunately, one that too few people know about.

Also, back in 1997 or so, I sent a letter to him in Kalamazoo (he was with the K-Wings at the time) and I got a nice response and an autographed card back in less than a week.

(Besides, if you want to talk about "supreme rarity", what could be more rare than a Petr Buzek All-Star jersey?)

I was serious.

Buzek was going to be a top-5 pick in 1995, and a few days before the draft, he fell asleep at the wheel and crashed his car in a remote area, so no one found him for about two hours. He broke both legs, dislocated a hip, broke a bunch of ribs and his sternum, and messed up his face pretty good (well, he broke some bones in his face, but I don't know if that really made any difference).

He showed up to the draft in a wheelchair, Dallas picked him in the third round, and even though it was another year before he was back on skates again, he came all the way back and made it to the NHL. Dallas left him exposed in the expansion draft and Atlanta took him. Unfortunately, there's only so much trauma that a body can withstand, and it became obvious that he had peaked and wasn't going to be getting better. But to have made it back from that is in itself a great story and, unfortunately, one that too few people know about.

Also, back in 1997 or so, I sent a letter to him in Kalamazoo (he was with the K-Wings at the time) and I got a nice response and an autographed card back in less than a week.

(Besides, if you want to talk about "supreme rarity", what could be more rare than a Petr Buzek All-Star jersey?)

:blink:

awesome man!

I was serious.

Very interesting to know.

Now that's a good hockey story. I did not know that about Buzek. Buzek all star jersey FTW.

A couple more notes:

"Some of Petr Buzek's friends and teammates call him The Bionic Buzek"

"The aftermath of the surgeries has left him playing with a plate and ten screws in his left leg, a plate and seven screws in his right ankle, two screws in his right knee and two screws in his left wrist."

"Severe cold bothers his pieced-together body, but Buzek says the hot, humid Atlanta summers are even more painful, so he takes the opportunity to return home to the Czech Republic where he visits with family and friends."

http://cgi.cnnsi.com/hockey/nhl/2000/nhl_allstar/news/2000/02/05/saturday_notes/

http://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SearchPlayer.jsp?player=10811

I like that WBS Penguins jersey.

The Letang jersey comes from Ice Jerseys? And that's their custom job? Sorry to say this, but the letter and sleeve numbers are not accurate. I really thought they're more accurate

I'm one step closer to my ultimate dream of owning a 1999-2000 All-Star jersey of Petr Buzek.

2811477420055476068S500x500Q85.jpg

My favorite All-star jersey of all time. I love that it has a collar and the placement of the numbers and name on the jersey. I have a Colorado All-Star game version of it but I've been looking for a Toronto version in a size 48 for a while now. Great pickup.

The Letang jersey comes from Ice Jerseys? And that's their custom job? Sorry to say this, but the letter and sleeve numbers are not accurate. I really thought they're more accurate

Cutting Edge Sports (obviously) and House o' Hockey are the only two places that I've seen do the pens jerseys properly and I am pretty sure House o' Hockey sends them to CES.

Cutting Edge Sports (obviously) and House o' Hockey are the only two places that I've seen do the pens jerseys properly and I am pretty sure House o' Hockey sends them to CES.

They told me they don't. I don't know if that's true

I thought that eight looked off. The five looked OK but the eight seemed weird. I was kind of surprised b/c I had a Pittsburgh home jersey customized by IJ, and it came back flawless.

I didn't think there was a justification for getting a Buzek all-star. You proved me wrong, thanks for the good story.

Well, I talked to Ice Jerseys this morning about my Letang jersey. They said they are going to do a new jersey for me, so I hope this one comes back right! I offered to send them pictures of the wrong customization, but they didn't ask for them...so I am crossing my fingers.

Did anyone here ever have to get a jersey re-done by IJ? And if you did, did it come back right the second time?

I am pretty sure someone here had a Hawks Winter Classic jersey with an incorrect "1" on it, and had it fixed by IJ without any problems.

BAM!

GRAIL and my 1st Authentic Pro Player jersey. WOOTS!

#30 Martin Brodeur Pro Player authentic Size 54.

DSCF4188.jpg

DSCF4186.jpg

A High-quality specimen to say the least. Pro players rules.

Year 2000 patch?? YES NO?