It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you know if they would sell loose lettering kits and how much they cost??

I can ask them. Burnabyjoesakic would probably know the answer to that.

furiousd

Posted Today, 01:17 PM

Thanks to HawksFan79 above for the ebay link. Even though he's gone now, I'll probably get Byfuglien/52 on this one.

nice, glad that one made it to good hands. Buff is a good choice, you could also get Keith, Seabrook, Brouwer, or Bolland for current players.

I was bored earlier so I stripped off the name and back numbers on my Zubov 1992-93 jersey and re-did it:

kRangerscirca1992bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

kRangerscirca1992cCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

The bottom one is the finished product. Is it just me or does it look a lot better now?

Got this beauty in a trade but I'm going to strip it. The lettering has glacier twill as the top layer and the back numbers are not centered. Does anyone have access to the AVS original customiser?

2495622210054115799S500x500Q85.jpg2511250620054115799S500x500Q85.jpg

I have a jersey just like yours that I've been meaning to get customized. Anyone know what the correct twill to use on this jersey. I plan on sending mine to EPS and I want to make sure I give them the proper specs.

nice, looks like a team issue!

How can you tell?

I have some Slovakia Jerseys that i think might be team issued

How can you tell?

I have some Slovakia Jerseys that i think might be team issued

It's the Nike barcode in the hem, but there's no real rhyme or reason to them. As far as we've been able to tell, some of the ones that hit the ice don't have it and some do, and some that are sold at retail have it and some don't. And the numbers don't actually correspond to anything either.

Hmmm, both my Slovakia ones have the barcode....

oh is that right? I was under the impression that those barcodes are TI only

It's possible that they all start out with barcodes. I've had a Czech Republic gamer that had extremely light wear and the barcode was falling out of it. Basically, I don't think the adhesive holds up well to any type of laundering. And I don't think it's just the Swift either; they may require extremely gentle laundering and weird wash instructions, but I don't think it's the detergent or water actually breaking it down.

most , if not all the nike authentics with fight straps have the barcode. I have some game worns from the bigger nations that dont have the barcode. Its really nothing special, so no one get your hopes up! listen to Nathan.

Always sage advice. Now if you can just convince my wife to do the same, there'd be a lot less of a headache in my world. ;)

I have a jersey just like yours that I've been meaning to get customized. Anyone know what the correct twill to use on this jersey. I plan on sending mine to EPS and I want to make sure I give them the proper specs.

Koho version of this jersey was straight three layer twill. RBK version was kiss cut.

Can some one re-educate me on kiss cut?

Take a look at this picture (be sure your brower doesn't re-size it automatically). If you look closely, the yellow portion it on top of the blue portion, not beneath it. Effectively the shape of the blue portion has been cut out of the middle of the yellow section, so that it uses less twill (being lighter and more flexible).

It can be done with three layer twill as well, with the "center" color being the base, and the two outer layers just being small thin outlines sewn on top of the base layer.

No, for the three-layered ones, what would normally be the top layer is the foundation layer on the kiss-cut ones. Some teams have the twill cut out like steps going upward while most have the middle layer cut thin and lie on top of both the base and outer layer. It's pretty confusing without seeing it so here's some shots:

7-vi.jpg

The navy layer is on top while the yellow is on the bottom.

39-vi.jpg

Again, the yellow is the top layer while the blue is the bottom. I hope that all helps.

Reverse kiss-cut would be the opposite of triple-stacked twill. Going from the 7, the yellow would be the base, the navy would be the next up and then the white would be on top so they go up like steps with the white being the thinnest layer. Semi kiss-cut is what the numbers above are.