It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got a nice package yesterday. A game issued Mikael Granlund HIFK European Trophy jersey. Its so small! I think they may have just done up a retail authentic that's so small and put a Granlund kit on. Which would suck, so I have to do some digging on gameworn.net

This came in this week. Its a 1999-2000 Flyers road jersey size 58 Goalie Cut. Patch was added today. Special thanks to slimcutta for the original black 2000 patch and to Displaced Swede for the jersey.

2422226450105558261S425x425Q85.jpg

2679264680105558261S425x425Q85.jpg

This jerseys is part of the AHL's 75th anniversary. Lake Erie will wear this on October 8 & 9 versus Syracuse. This is an interesting concept, combining the logo from the original AHL Cleveland Barons (1937-73) with the colors of the current LEM team. The original Barons were blue and white. This is a replica, 550 style with glued logos on chest and shoulders. On the left shoulder is the LEM logo, on the right is the Avalanche.

IMG00013-20101007-1742.jpg

That jersey is pretty sweet.

Just got three jerseys back from Gameday Sports Archive. Not sure if I'm satisfied, but at the same time, I don't think it's worth the hassle/money to return them. Had I not joined these boards I probably wouldn't have known the difference, but you bastards tainted me! ;)

my old school throwback's patch was done great

IMG_3766-vi.jpg

I sent my autographed Nike jersey to have a nameplate put on. First, the nameplate is way too long. Second, the name which was originally sewn directly on the jersey is still there (can really be seen on the 'E' and 'S'). Third, the material is incorrect. Fourth, it's not straight and covers up part of the '7' (hard to tell from pics).

IMG_3763-vi.jpg

Lastly, the 'E' appears to be incorrect

IMG_3764-vi.jpg

compared to a gamer

98-99Cheliosbk.jpg

but I'm most disappointed in my ultraknit. the nameplate is halfway over the shoulder stitching

IMG_3759-vi.jpg

from a distance the front seems to be okay

IMG_3761-vi.jpg

but upon closer inspection, stitching toward the bottom of the allstar patch is completely messed up

IMG_3762-vi.jpg

compared to a gamer, the nameplate is also too long and the 'E' is incorrect

92-93ChiCheliosbk.JPG

I completed my Chelios collection and did so for a great price; even after paying for customizing. Not sure if I want to go through the hassle and cost of getting them done (again) correctly, but I'm pretty disappointed with the way things turned out. Thoughts?

"I sent my autographed Nike jersey to have a nameplate put on. First, the nameplate is way too long. Second, the name which was originally sewn directly on the jersey is still there (can really be seen on the 'E' and 'S')."

The nameplates that come from gameday always have extra material at the ends. They have the nameplates pre-cut to a standard size and I guess they don't bother triming them when they apply a name to them. Whenever I get a kit from them the first thing I do is trim the extra material off the nameplate. I think you can still see the letters underneath the nameplate because there was staining left behind when they removed the old ones, maybe they can position the nameplate a little better to cover that up.

"The 'E' also appears to be incorrect"

Looks good to me. Definently not worth complaining about

"but I'm most disappointed in my ultraknit. the nameplate is halfway over the shoulder stitching"

The number 7 is too high on the back and doesn't leave room for the nameplate. The 7 should have been moved down first

"but upon closer inspection, stitching toward the bottom of the allstar patch is completely messed up"

If you think that's bad you should see the stitch job on some gamers. Don't even worry about that.

"compared to a gamer, the nameplate is also too long and the 'E' is incorrect"

'E' is definently wrong on that one and should be re-done

If I were you I would try to remove the nameplate on the white myself since I know gameday only used a very light adhesive to hold them down before sewing. Once it's off you can trim the ends and positon it so it covers the other letters better. For the red I would send that back to have the 'E' redone and I would ask if they can move the 7 and nameplate down do the proper positions.

If they can't help you I have white twill lying around and can probably make you a new 'E' and I can take a shot at repositioning everything for you as well.

Well, I got one today that I had been trying to grab for a while now. After several failed attempts to contact the Canadiens organization, I enlisted the help of one of our neighbors to the north. Finally, with the help of our very own sungod...who I cannot thank enough for his help with this one, it was brought home to me. I'm talking of course about Paul Mara's Habs 1909-10 centennial jersey:

rdcirca2009ReebokEDGEauthentic-vi.jpg

dcirca2009bReebokEDGEauthentic-vi.jpg

MontrealCanadiens100seasonsalt-vi.jpg

Oh my God, it is so beautiful. I absolutely LOVE it. There's very little wear if any but I've already photomatched it which makes it even cooler!

paul-vi.jpg

GAH!! Awesome!

Well, I got one today that I had been trying to grab for a while now. After several failed attempts to contact the Canadiens organization, I enlisted the help of one of our neighbors to the north. Finally, with the help of our very own sungod...who I cannot thank enough for his help with this one, it was brought home to me. I'm talking of course about Paul Mara's Habs 1909-10 centennial jersey:

Pfft, the only thing nice about that jersey is that it's blue and white.

Just kidding, that's an awsome jersey. Nice pick-up.

"Raymond James!"

Gratz on that pick up Mike. Although I'm still upset the Rangers lost Mara to free agency.

Wow! That is a sweet jersey. I love that style. Very simple and unique. :)

Yeah I'm geeked about getting it. It's a 2.0 too which makes it THAT much better. The Habs actually use their own set stamps too which is pretty cool. I never knew that.

Got this in recently

2903767460104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

2471938110104343728S425x425Q85.jpg

This beauty came yesterday. 1998-1999 Flyers Rod Brind'Amour game worn black alternate jersey size 52. Moderate wear showing some stick marks, puck marks, and board burns on the sleeves. Registered by MeiGray in 2008.

2183900000105558261S425x425Q85.jpg

2949871060105558261S425x425Q85.jpg

The IRONMAN!!!

Nice pickups.