It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the patch on the Moose one a Luc Bourdon memorial patch?

As DaNoobie said, yes it is!

I agree - who would have thought to have black and navy? The stars on the sleeves were great too. The only thing I hated was the old be-dazzled CBJ logo on the shoulder.

The fact that it's a Manny Malhotra gamer is even better. Grats Wooten.

Thanks for all of the nice comments.

This is my favorite as well, and like you, I don't really care for the CBJ ribbon logo either, but it's not too bad on this style. It's certainly better than the bug!

Manny Malhotra CBJ 2005-06 Third Jersey (no set stamp)

medium.jpg

Some cool repairs. I see why people love wear and repairs now. The last few I've gotten have had a lot of wear and many repairs. This one's particularly neat because there are so many little extra bits of fabric sewn inside to cover holes. It has no set stamp, but came with LOA and looks perfect to me. I suppose it's possible they only had one set of thirds that year. and decided not to stamp them. I honestly have no idea. The CBJ didn't document a whole lot about their sets.

This is a great-looking jersey, particularly since any type of even moderate wear is uncommon on an alternate jersey.

(For those reading this poist, I had the chance to meet Mr. Wooten yesterday and take a look at this jersey and another that he had. It was a nice visit; he's an asset to the hobby).

Man I really want a couple of Moose jerseys at some point. Oreskovich or Rypien preferred, anyone know of any floating around?

Ps. I emailed dblackmore@moosehockey.com, but no response.

Do you want Moose gamers or just retail jerseys of those players? Dangle Sports on eBay has kits. I am expecting a Grabner by Friday...I hope.

Man I really want a couple of Moose jerseys at some point. Oreskovich or Rypien preferred, anyone know of any floating around?

Ps. I emailed dblackmore@moosehockey.com, but no response.

The Moose have their army camouflaged jerseys for auction on their ebay store. No Oreskovich or Rypien though.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/manitoba_moose_auction_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

Do you want Moose gamers or just retail jerseys of those players? Dangle Sports on eBay has kits. I am expecting a Grabner by Friday...I hope.

Game worn/issued, but that's depending on price. I can't seem to find Dangle Sports on Ebay, could you post up a link please? Thanks.

Game worn/issued, but that's depending on price. I can't seem to find Dangle Sports on Ebay, could you post up a link please? Thanks.

Here are the current kits available, however he updates them a couple of times per week: http://shop.ebay.com/boy_can_he_dangle/m.html

This went unsold Moose KitErik, the guy who runs it, is very nice and can meet your demands. I asked for the white/legit home version of the kit.

Here are the current kits available, however he updates them a couple of times per week: http://shop.ebay.com/boy_can_he_dangle/m.html

This went unsold Moose KitErik, the guy who runs it, is very nice and can meet your demands. I asked for the white/legit home version of the kit.

Just looking at those letters and numbers they are way too fat. The Moose have much taller, skinnier letters. I'm comparing the "R" in the Grabner kit you posted to the "R" on my Shirokov jerseys (gamers as well as retail authentic purchased directly from the Moose) and they look nothing alike.

Alex!

erCanuckscirca1999CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

rCanuckscirca1999bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

What a hack-job this thing is. The 8's on the arms are semi kiss-cut while the 9's are stacked twill. BUT, the 8 on the back is stacked twill while the 9 is semi kiss-cut. And the bottom layer of the back number is all crinkly too. I have to see if I can seal it back up. The previous owner actually had it sewn down to prevent it from coming off so I'm torn on whether or not I should remove the stitching or leave it as is. Other than that though, there's some decent wear on it like the usual Alex-esque stick marks along the arms and even a really nice unrepaired burn hole on the left chest.

Drew Stafford Set 1 40th alternate. No visible wear except a couple snags on the front

"Buffalo" and the back numbers. Considering they're felt I'm surprised there are not more.

Scored a hat trick on Jan 1 against the Bruins wearing it.

Dude-That's awesome! Did you pick that up from NHL Auctions? I wish they still made gamers available at the Sabres store.

Oh man is that ever awesome!! I love it. GREAT choice of player too. Not only is he a great member of the Sabres but he's American as well!

You can now end the debate on what they use for nameplates on those jerseys. Tell us! We need to know!

Drew Stafford Set 1 40th alternate. No visible wear except a couple snags on the front

"Buffalo" and the back numbers. Considering they're felt I'm surprised there are not more.

Scored a hat trick on Jan 1 against the Bruins wearing it.

2477408460103761653S425x425Q85.jpg

2010843280103761653S425x425Q85.jpg

F- Drew Stafford.

I had him in my keeper hockey pool since he was a rookie waiting for him to finally live up to billing. I drop him this year to pick up Ryan Callahan and all of a sudden he starts scoring goals like it is going out of style......douchebag...

Oh man is that ever awesome!! I love it. GREAT choice of player too. Not only is he a great member of the Sabres but he's American as well!

You can now end the debate on what they use for nameplates on those jerseys. Tell us! We need to know!

Appears to be Edge material and it may be the reverse side, because it has a matte finish and more of a texture like airknit.

It's also hand cut for sure, kinda sloppy job when you really look at it.

Can you take a shot of it when you get the chance? I'm really curious about this for some reason. Also, how are the numbers stitched on? Are they really held on by all the tressel stitching or is there another stitch along the edge as well?

Only held on by outer edge stitch(i bought the Connolly), mine showed up yesterday.....

Wasn't Stafford injured for a while earlier in the season? Anyways sick gamer, would be interested in seeing a picture of the number stitching as well.

Alex!

What a hack-job this thing is. The 8's on the arms are semi kiss-cut while the 9's are stacked twill. BUT, the 8 on the back is stacked twill while the 9 is semi kiss-cut. And the bottom layer of the back number is all crinkly too. I have to see if I can seal it back up. The previous owner actually had it sewn down to prevent it from coming off so I'm torn on whether or not I should remove the stitching or leave it as is. Other than that though, there's some decent wear on it like the usual Alex-esque stick marks along the arms and even a really nice unrepaired burn hole on the left chest.

I'm jealous. :thumbsup:

I might get one but in a 98 patch. So what about the numbers in a Bure? Would the 1 be stacked and the 0 be semi kiss-cut?

With regards to the numbering, the Bure would not be like that. His last year was 97-98 and his gamer was all Semi Kiss Cut numbering, however pretty much EVERY authentic sold from the canucks team store was the triple stacked twill which wasn't what the guys wore.

As a plausible explanation,

In the mid 90's to early 2000's the Canucks did "In house" cresting, meaning they didn't send away their stuff. If you went into the store to purchase a jersey and wanted it crested, they actually had a booth full of Numbers, Letters, "C's" "A's" and nameplates. You would go and request your jersey, they would take the numbers and letters and plate and sew it up right there (usually it was pick up in the next couple of days).

My guess would be the Canucks had some left over semi kiss cut numbers from the 97-98 season or possibly the 98-99 season, and when the time came to put together the 99-00 stuff they had an assortment left with different cresting styles.

With regards to the numbering, the Bure would not be like that. His last year was 97-98 and his gamer was all Semi Kiss Cut numbering, however pretty much EVERY authentic sold from the canucks team store was the triple stacked twill which wasn't what the guys wore.

As a plausible explanation,

In the mid 90's to early 2000's the Canucks did "In house" cresting, meaning they didn't send away their stuff. If you went into the store to purchase a jersey and wanted it crested, they actually had a booth full of Numbers, Letters, "C's" "A's" and nameplates. You would go and request your jersey, they would take the numbers and letters and plate and sew it up right there (usually it was pick up in the next couple of days).

My guess would be the Canucks had some left over semi kiss cut numbers from the 97-98 season or possibly the 98-99 season, and when the time came to put together the 99-00 stuff they had an assortment left with different cresting styles.

So was this method of using left over numbers a way to save money? Although the numbers make it a very unique jersey.

Can you take a shot of it when you get the chance? I'm really curious about this for some reason. Also, how are the numbers stitched on? Are they really held on by all the tressel stitching or is there another stitch along the edge as well?

I scanned a portion in, hopefully you can view it at full scale.

2799775700103761653S425x425Q85.jpg

Got lucky with this one. I really didn't expect to find an inaugural CBJ gamer anytime soon, if ever, much less the a road jersey *and* a velcro A. I've heard from many different people about how poorly managed CBJ gamers were early on and how few seem to be out there for sale or even on display, so I jumped on this when it was posted on another site. I'm very new at collecting jerseys, but things like the velcro A are so neat to me, and I'm really beginning to understand why repairs are so desired. They really kind of tell a story! That it's a road inaugural is the big cherry on top.

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg