It arrived today v2.0

JeffB

Wow, look at that. Very strange. I've never seen a gamer though so I honestly can't say. How could there be such a discrepancy between game-worn and retails though? That seems odd. Maybe he just drew it wrong?

The sleeves are probably cuffed on the gamer which is why there is no white. My authentic also has the white at the end of the sleeves.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got this today from the MeiGray clearance section:

It's gonna be a Robitaille because it's the PERFECT size. He wore 56 and this a 56. So, technically, I'll have a game-issued Luc Robitaille Vintage jersey. Awesome!

Very nice pick-up. :)

Oooh EXCELLENT point. Upon further review, Wendel did cuff his jerseys. Take a look:

http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/images/Tor/86-87%20Tor%20rd%20Clark%20ss.JPG

That must be the answer. I don't know why nhluniforms would have it wrong though. Maybe it's just something that got overlooked.

That Kings jersey looks amazing.I never knew they were made looks like another one to add to my list.How often do they get more in?

I'm fairly certain the Toronto TBTC had white cuffs; I've seen a Lucien Deblois gamer with white cuffs, and I doubt it's from extending the sleeves. Although it's also possible that there were two different versions that no one paid attention to (stranger things have happened before).

sick pickups!

what you want for that Autentic Canaidan Jersey?

I love that Kings Vintage, Brilliant - I wish I had seen it on MeiGray. Those were never sold at retail, right?

That Kings jersey looks amazing.I never knew they were made looks like another one to add to my list.How often do they get more in?

I doubt MeiGray will have any more - their clearance section is just old game issues they are getting rid of mainly for teams no longer in the MeiGray program.

Well, they might have been sold for retail. I know at the very least the Rangers ones were. I had a couple a few years back. I'm sure the rest were PROBABLY available but don't hold me to that obviously.

Well, they might have been sold for retail. I know at the very least the Rangers ones were. I had a couple a few years back. I'm sure the rest were PROBABLY available but don't hold me to that obviously.

Were the Rangers available in authentics? I know they had replicas of them (the blue atleast) and the M&N version. Weren't the St. Louis Vintage versions also scarce and/or possibly not available for retail? I know until the recent MeiGray clearout I hadn't seen many authentics for the St. Louis version outside of gamers.

Yeah, the Rangers ones were definitely pro versions. I had both a Messier and a Holik(which I stripped for obvious reasons and I think xcdude has now) about two years ago or so. They were identical to the on-ice ones so I would ASSUME that others were available but you make the good point that, outside of the Rangers ones, I haven't exactly seen any of the others. I'm not sure.

Yeah, the Rangers ones were definitely pro versions. I had both a Messier and a Holik(which I stripped for obvious reasons and I think xcdude has now) about two years ago or so. They were identical to the on-ice ones so I would ASSUME that others were available but you make the good point that, outside of the Rangers ones, I haven't exactly seen any of the others. I'm not sure.

I do. Its a pro CCM vintage jersey. Can't even notice the Holik thank god.

Wow, apparently Van De Velde is slightly infamous on this board. Just picked up a Red Wings ultrafil authentic from ebay, a Van De Velde special. Pretty decent deal at <$100 shipped. Hopefully it will strip well, I'm sending it off to EPS tomorrow. This is my first ultrafil jersey, and I actually like it better than the air-knit. I thought it was going to be closer to the Reebok edge material (aka fragile), but it feels more bullet proof than my air-knit jerseys.

Wow, apparently Van De Velde is slightly infamous on this board. Just picked up a Red Wings ultrafil authentic from ebay, a Van De Velde special. Pretty decent deal at <$100 shipped. Hopefully it will strip well, I'm sending it off to EPS tomorrow. This is my first ultrafil jersey, and I actually like it better than the air-knit. I thought it was going to be closer to the Reebok edge material (aka fragile), but it feels more bullet proof than my air-knit jerseys.

Wow, didn't the wings only use ultrafil for one year? I'm with you, I like ultrafil a hell of a lot more then air-knit but when it comes to stripping (lol) air-knit is way easier then ultrafil.

Are you going to make it into an Yzerman or a Probert? I can't imagine there is anyone else from the pre-'90 teams that would interest most people.

Wow, didn't the wings only use ultrafil for one year?

No sir. Most of the 1980's actually. I think they started wearing CCM ultrafil in 1984.

Judging from hockey uniform database, and pictures of game-worn jerseys, its from the 90/91 season. I bought it so I can turn it into a Probert. I emailed EPS beforehand to see how successful a strip job would be since its ultrafil, they said that it shouldn't be a problem and that they have lots of ultrafil strip jobs under their belt (that sounds dirty :lol: ).

If it's ultrafil, it'll be from the 1989-90 season at the latest. If it has the shield on the hem, then it's from the second half of the season when the shield was added to all jerseys league-wide. The Wings went to air-knit exclusively starting with the 1990-91 season.

I got an EPS package today so I was able to knock off some blanks:

Team3rdcirca20042Nikeauthentic-vi.jpg

eam3rdcirca20041bNikeauthentic-vi.jpg

lTeam3rdcirca2004Nikeauthentic-vi.jpg

eam3rdcirca20042bNikeauthentic-vi.jpg

eLeafs3rdcirca1996CCMauthentic-vi.jpg

Leafs3rdcirca1996bCCMauthentic-vi.jpg

For some reason, I didn't take shots of the USA fronts. I thought I had taken them already. Oh well. The Leafs one is just a TAD off though. I might have to lower the 9 a hair. It's still beautiful though. More to come tomorrow!

Beautiful Gilmour Heritage, I'm extreamly jelous of it. I got my package from EPS as well, finally, haven't starting sewing them on yet though but I should be able to post up a couple in the next day or so.

Crap. I screwed up on the Leafs one. The numbers are supposed to be more centered from top to bottom. Well, it looks like I'll have to move BOTH numbers tomorrow. Boy, am I glad I didn't seal it from both sides of the fabric.

If it's ultrafil, it'll be from the 1989-90 season at the latest. If it has the shield on the hem, then it's from the second half of the season when the shield was added to all jerseys league-wide. The Wings went to air-knit exclusively starting with the 1990-91 season.

Yeah, it has a shield on the hem. I also picked up a blank white as well(yeah, loving the ultrafil):

img6060j.jpg

Got my Datsyuk all-star jersey today, beautiful jersey. This might be my new favorite in my collection so far:

img6057.jpg

img6058p.jpg

VERY nice. Those All-Star jerseys were great. I love that green. I also notice that the Wings one has the Cosby's tag in the collar. That's interesting. Is there also an Eastside tag in there somewhere?