Wow. Great haul. Very, very nice. :)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BAM!

GRAIL and my 1st Authentic Pro Player jersey. WOOTS!

#30 Martin Brodeur Pro Player authentic Size 54.

A High-quality specimen to say the least. Pro players rules.

Year 2000 patch?? YES NO?

Beautiful indeed. Yes to the 2000 patch and don't forget the 2000 finals patch.

Beautiful indeed. Yes to the 2000 patch and don't forget the 2000 finals patch.

good points there. :)

BAM!

GRAIL and my 1st Authentic Pro Player jersey. WOOTS!

#30 Martin Brodeur Pro Player authentic Size 54.

A High-quality specimen to say the least. Pro players rules.

Year 2000 patch?? YES NO?

boratverynice.jpg

YES on both patches!

why is pro players good?

In my opinion the quality is better, and compared to my CCM's and KOHO's, the Pro-Player's feel heavier and more durable. I have a Wild white Pro Player that is out getting numbered, it's one of my favorite's.

I couldn't find the article that was on here, but long story short. Fruit of the Loom which owned pro Player filed chapter 11 and stopped production of the jerseys.

Yeh - Fruit of the Loom owned Pro Player. They bought Starter's NHL contract to make jerseys, but only lasted for a single season before going bankrupt.

Pro Player made authentic on-ice jerseys for Anaheim, Boston, Buffalo, Calgary, Chicago, Colorado, Edmonton, Florida, Montreal, New Jersey, New York (Rangers), Phoenix, & Pittsburgh. They also made authentics for Columbus and Minnesota, though those never made it onto the ice.

They made replicas for all of the NHL teams. Pro Player replicas were amazing quality as well, many (myself included) consider them to be the best NHL replicas ever made.

Thanks for the info........starter was/is my favorite of sports wear, not hockeys jersey, i have never had one, but their other stuff like jackets and such.

So first starter goes down then pro player right after, strange?!

i find it wierd that starter and pro player have some teams, some had ccm, and then nike made some, you would think it was the league who picked the jersey maker for the whole league?

I don´t think that ever happend in the other leagues like mlb and nba, that was allways the entire league, Russell, Nike, Champion, Adidas, that made the whole league uniforms, i wonder why that was and if it ever will happend again?

Awesome on the Brodeur! Congrats!

I snagged this yesterday morning and it showed up today. Gotta love that next day service!

circa20034aCCMVintageauthentic-vi.jpg

Sorry about the lousy little picture but fotki is done for some reason and I can't access my pictures.

Is that the MeiGray Clearance one?

It's amazing that thing was up for such a short amount of time and so many of us saw it. We know exactly where that thing came from when it's posted. We're such Meigray stalkers. :D

It's amazing that thing was up for such a short amount of time and so many of us saw it. We know exactly where that thing came from when it's posted. We're such Meigray stalkers. :D

lol, I'm checking Meigray twice a day to see if they throw up some Leafs Edge 3rds into the clearance section but no luck.

Heh...that's the problem with being unemployed. I have nothing else to do when I wake up in the morning so I check out what they have for sale! Probably not the best idea huh? :D

Heh...that's the problem with being unemployed. I have nothing else to do when I wake up in the morning so I check out what they have for sale! Probably not the best idea huh? :D

Heh technically I am too, and I do the same thing! World Hockey Jerseys is having a sale, but I can't afford 2 jerseys...

The LAST one from MeiGray. I guess I got lucky.

I had a feeling that jersey would wind up in your collection Mike. Congrats!

I snagged this yesterday morning and it showed up today. Gotta love that next day service!

Sorry about the lousy little picture but fotki is done for some reason and I can't access my pictures.

NICE! went to a good home!

I got the Email too :thumbsup:

I would of got 1 of each vintage but I'm invested in two another grails that are blank right now. :unsure:

Thanks for the info........starter was/is my favorite of sports wear, not hockeys jersey, i have never had one, but their other stuff like jackets and such.

So first starter goes down then pro player right after, strange?!

i find it wierd that starter and pro player have some teams, some had ccm, and then nike made some, you would think it was the league who picked the jersey maker for the whole league?

I don´t think that ever happend in the other leagues like mlb and nba, that was allways the entire league, Russell, Nike, Champion, Adidas, that made the whole league uniforms, i wonder why that was and if it ever will happend again?

During the 90's, the NFL had Nike, Starter, and Adidias as suppliers, and Starter made some NBA teams. When Starter went under, they sold a lot of their excess to the Value City department stores, and they sold authentic NHL jerseys, NFL jerseys, NBA jerseys and shorts, and MLB dugout jackets. Value City also bought the ProPlayer leftovers, too (great times for me to add to my collection). As far as multiple suppliers making on ice jerseys, times are different now, and I think that you will see an exclusive supplier paying a big license fee to the league for exclusivity. And that is bad for the fans and collectors.

The LAST one from MeiGray. I guess I got lucky.

BAH! It was YOU!

congrats man - let me know if you ever sell it, it's too big for you anyway :)