ECHL

lafountain

Having lived in Idaho the last 6 years I have been to many Idaho Steelhead games. Well this year Idaho is hosting the ECHL all-star game and I got my tickets yesterday. Right on the glass behind the home team bench for both the Skills Competition and the game itself.

Looking forward to that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having lived in Idaho the last 6 years I have been to many Idaho Steelhead games. Well this year Idaho is hosting the ECHL all-star game and I got my tickets yesterday. Right on the glass behind the home team bench for both the Skills Competition and the game itself.

Looking forward to that.

That's awesome. I've always wanted to go the all-star game and skills comp, and I'm sure that the ECHL one is just as fun. Maybe one day I'll look into it. Sounds like you've got great seats. I used to love when the NHL teams hosted their own individual skills comps. Lots of fun.

I was at the 1993 IHL All-Star Game in Phoenix and the 1995 IHL All-Star game in Las Vegas. Those were an absolute blast. I went to NHL All-Star FanFest in LA in 2002, that was equally as fun. All those All-Star events are fantastic and highly recommended. What's funny is that at the all-star events, all fans get along, even those of hated rivals. It was just bizarre. :blink:

Enjoy the festivities, lafountain!

I was at the 1993 IHL All-Star Game in Phoenix and the 1995 IHL All-Star game in Las Vegas. Those were an absolute blast. I went to NHL All-Star FanFest in LA in 2002, that was equally as fun. All those All-Star events are fantastic and highly recommended. What's funny is that at the all-star events, all fans get along, even those of hated rivals. It was just bizarre. :blink:

Enjoy the festivities, lafountain!

Thanks, I am definitely looking forward to it. I was actually looking into Season Tickets for the Steelheads this year, but in the end just couldn't bring myself to do it since I would miss every Wednesday home game.

You let that stop you? I work either 3 or 4 nights a week, so I end up trying to sell about 15-20 Coyote games a year. I usually end up eating half of those, but I love my seats and I'm on 'the list', hopefully to get 2011 All-Star Game tickets. Of course, it would probably be tougher to recoup your cash on unused tickets up there.

Why the heck did the Steelheads change their logo? I liked the puck bouncing off the mask so much that I had to get myself a home and a road jersey. The Coyotes AA-level club was the Steelheads for a couple of seasons, too, that also compelled me to buy those. B)

You let that stop you? I work either 3 or 4 nights a week, so I end up trying to sell about 15-20 Coyote games a year. I usually end up eating half of those, but I love my seats and I'm on 'the list', hopefully to get 2011 All-Star Game tickets. Of course, it would probably be tougher to recoup your cash on unused tickets up there.

Why the heck did the Steelheads change their logo? I liked the puck bouncing off the mask so much that I had to get myself a home and a road jersey. The Coyotes AA-level club was the Steelheads for a couple of seasons, too, that also compelled me to buy those. B)

Yeah, I remember that season, and Utah was the A-level team in the AHL before they moved down to the ECHL. They have gone back to being Dallas' minor league team since then which is where they were before the Phoenix run.

Idaho changed their logo to celebrate their 10th season, the new one isn't bad.

I will be incredibly envious if you get all-star tickets. I'd love to be a season ticket holder, but right now I'm about 5 hours from Buffalo and 2 from Manhattan, so I'm not close enough to either for regular attendance. I'd definitly prefer Sabres tickets, but I've already decided that if I get the chance to live in a hockey market again I'll spend the money and go for it.

I will be incredibly envious if you get all-star tickets. I'd love to be a season ticket holder, but right now I'm about 5 hours from Buffalo and 2 from Manhattan, so I'm not close enough to either for regular attendance. I'd definitly prefer Sabres tickets, but I've already decided that if I get the chance to live in a hockey market again I'll spend the money and go for it.

Although I'm in a decent spot in the pecking order, I think, I have a feeling that I'll miss out on getting All-Star Game tickets whenever Jobing.com Arena gets it. I assume that will be in 2011. We were supposed to have it here in 2006, but the NHL decided to send the players to the Olympics instead. So now it's looking like Dallas in '07 (done deal), Atlanta in '08 (to make up for the cancelled 2005 game), Montreal in '09 (is the rumor), '10 - Olympics, leaving 2011 as the next available date for an All-Star Game in Glendale. More than anything, I'm looking forward to All-Star FanFest being 30 miles away from me, so I can spend unlimited time there.

Although I'm in a decent spot in the pecking order, I think, I have a feeling that I'll miss out on getting All-Star Game tickets whenever Jobing.com Arena gets it. I assume that will be in 2011. We were supposed to have it here in 2006, but the NHL decided to send the players to the Olympics instead. So now it's looking like Dallas in '07 (done deal), Atlanta in '08 (to make up for the cancelled 2005 game), Montreal in '09 (is the rumor), '10 - Olympics, leaving 2011 as the next available date for an All-Star Game in Glendale. More than anything, I'm looking forward to All-Star FanFest being 30 miles away from me, so I can spend unlimited time there.

Yeah - I wish I could get tickets to the all-star game or skills competition one year. I absolutely love the skills comp.

Yeah - I wish I could get tickets to the all-star game or skills competition one year. I absolutely love the skills comp.

I would love to see the NHL version in person, that isn't likely to happen anytime soon though, so I will just have to settle for the ECHL version.

I would love to see the NHL version in person, that isn't likely to happen anytime soon though, so I will just have to settle for the ECHL version.

I'd settle for any version myself, but the NHL skills comp is one of my life's ambitions. I would love to get to see it in person some day before it's too late.

Just got home from the game and Idaho beat Utah 4-3 in the shootout. Was a good game and the crowd was into most of the game. I liked the way Idaho looked in their new jerseys.

Just got home from the game and Idaho beat Utah 4-3 in the shootout. Was a good game and the crowd was into most of the game. I liked the way Idaho looked in their new jerseys.

Ah, I'd forgotten your game was this Friday. Glad to hear it was a good game. I enjoy seeing games go to shootouts, but I'm hoping to see the Sabres blow the Rangers out when I go this week.

I was a regular at the Trenton Titans games back in '04-'05 during their Kelly Cup run. I bought one of the red, silver and black jerseys with the diagonal TRENTON on the front. I wore that thing out during that year.

• 3 weeks later...

When I lived in Mississippi I got to check out the Sea Wolves, whose arena was right across the street from the Gulf. Its weird to think about it now after what happened with Katrina. I hear the Sea Wolves will be starting up again next season. The ECHL have some really good games to see and the quality of hockey is good.

Yeah, the SeaWolves are expected to be back in the league next season, I look forward to their return.

Though I am disappointed now as I found out today that I will be heading out of the country for a few months in January and my expected departure date is prior to the All-Star game so I won't be able to attend the game and skills competition afterall. Oh well, part of the sacrifice of choosing the profession I did. At least my wife will still have fun at the game and skills competition.

That stinks Laf. I know you were looking forward to the all-star game. That's pretty lame that you're going to miss it by, what? a couple of weeks? Where are you being shipped to?

That stinks Laf. I know you were looking forward to the all-star game. That's pretty lame that you're going to miss it by, what? a couple of weeks? Where are you being shipped to?

I will be leaving about a week before the game. Can't give too many specifics about where I will be but as for the country, I will be in Iraq itself. Will be there for a few months but should be back around the Stanley Cup run.

I will be leaving about a week before the game. Can't give too many specifics about where I will be but as for the country, I will be in Iraq itself. Will be there for a few months but should be back around the Stanley Cup run.

Wow. Big time. Stay out of trouble over there. I don't think I could go some place that doesn't have hockey in their country, on an assignment or otherwise. I'd feel completely out of sorts and I don't think I'd function very well. Just the idea of the cultural differences, not to mention the climate. I've been to European countries but they all had hockey - most of them more so than in America. Not gonna be able to post while you're away, I'd assume? Maybe you can get your wife to post every week or so and keep us posted on your stay?

Yikes! Thoughts and prayers to you. A girl I work with is heading out there right after the new year.

We'll miss you around here - and we'll look forward to hearing from you around playoff time!

Well thanks for the thoughts guys, but as they say in the military "The only thing that is constant, is change". I got to work and now things are in my favor as since I was the last one chosen to go and the required number to go dropped by one, as of now I am actually sticking around. "YAY ME", not gonna completely keep my hopes up as things may change again sometime in December but as of now I will be still here.

Nice. We lose like 25% of our posts/conversation without you. Plus whose gonna do the games for the prediction contest so I can just copy and paste the list? And who'd update the scores?

• 1 month later...

Went to another game last night and saw the Steelheads play the Bakersfield Condors, this was my first time ever seeing the Condors but I really liked their jerseys. The only thing I didn't really like was the word Bakersfield written on the bottom of the shirt, but other than that it looked really good.

Bakersfield.jpg