Edge Authentic -- Size 46

carsoni4

Over the last few years, I've been amassing a pretty decent collection of Edge Authentics -- all size 50. However, despite my large and lanky frame (6'2 -- 185lbs), I find size 50 is still a little loose in the shoulder and chest area. I think I'll make the down-grade to size 46 for my next purchase (a Flyers Orange "Giroux") to get a somewhat more snug fit -- but now I'm worried that the nameplate is gonna look all funky and dominant on such a small jersey. Does anyone have any experience with customization on size 46 authentics? Any advice (or photos) would be very greatly appreciated! Thanks very kindly in advance!

Edited by carsoni4

Over the last few years, I've been amassing a pretty decent collection of Edge Authentics -- all size 50. However, despite my large and lanky frame (6'2 -- 185lbs), I find size 50 is still a little loose in the shoulder and chest area. I think I'll make the down-grade to size 46 for my next purchase (a Flyers Orange "Giroux") to get a somewhat more snug fit -- but now I'm worried that the nameplate is gonna look all funky and dominant on such a small jersey. Does anyone have any experience with customization on size 46 authentics? Any advice (or photos) would be very greatly appreciated! Thanks very kindly in advance!

There's a guy on Ebay who sells a lot of customized size 46 jerseys. Some fit ok and some don't, it all depends on the jersey. I know the Hurricanes 46 they had did not look good at all.

Be careful with the 46's. They are VERY tight in the chest. I had one of the original 2007 All-Star jerseys and used the same logic as you but I was basing it off of the 6100 sizes. It felt like a t-shirt that was a size too small. I can't imagine the lettering would look too good on such a small jersey too.

Thanks very much for your help guys!

This choice is going to be tougher than I anticipated. I wouldn't mind a somewhat tight fit in the chest, but if the tightness is going to restrict me from comfortable breathing, I might second guess this size 46 purchase. Not to mention the look of the nameplates -- after scouring the internet, I found pics of some good-looking size 46s (an Iginla) and some awful (a Stamkos).

Brillant, did your size 46 jersey end up being a total dud due to its overbearing tightness, or is it still wearable? Not to get creepy, but what are your approximate measurements?

Thanks again for all your help!

Edited by carsoni4

A size 46 Edge is the best fitting hockey jersey I've ever worn. I'm 5'10", 155 lbs and the old 46 6100s fit me like a trash bag.

As for the lettering on a 46, trouble comes with fitting everything over the horizontal stripes on the bottom (depending on the team). It may be a close fit with the stripe on the bottom of the Flyers orange jersey.

###### you guys like your jerseys tight. I'm 5'7 175 and find a 52 the best fitting for me. 50's are ok as well but I prefer the little extra room that the 52 gives. In the older 6100 style anything over a 48 is like a dress on me.

Is there a local sporting goods store that carries edge jerseys in 46 for you to go try on?

And personally, I havent put on any of my edge jerseys, but I'm about 5'8~5'9 and 150lb soaking wet, but I dont think I can squeeze into an old 46 anymore. 48s fit perfectly while the 52s are way too baggy.

The nice thing about the Edge jerseys are that they have smaller measurements compared to the 6100's because of the spandex, stretch type material. I have a size 50 and a team issue 58. I'm 5'10" 185, and they both fit and look great (except the sleeve length).

I'm a size 46 Edge as well. I like my jersey a little less baggy, but my 46s aren't "tight" by any means. I'm 5'10 185-190, but pretty slim. I find the 46 fits perfectly and the two Edge authentic that I have (Ovechkin and Gaborik) the customization looks fine on; nothing awkward at all.

Stick with the size 50, I think you will enjoy the feel MUCH better than a 46. If it's all about being comfortable, then just stay with what you have. I would only downgrade to a 46 if a 50 was really irritating or didn't fit AT ALL.

Just want to thank everyone again for all the advice. This is a ###### tough choice! It seems like the 46 might not be worth it when factoring in the possible difficulty I may have with customization. IJ said they use smaller fonts on size 46 jerseys, but then how "authentic" is a jersey with smaller than on-ice fonts? Decisions, decisions...

The more time that passes, the more I'm leaning to 50...

###### you guys like your jerseys tight. I'm 5'7 175 and find a 52 the best fitting for me. 50's are ok as well but I prefer the little extra room that the 52 gives. In the older 6100 style anything over a 48 is like a dress on me.

I'm 5'6" 130 and I wear a 56. Loose jerseys are were its at. I guess us GTAers know how to wear jerseys. :lol:

I'm 5'6" 130 and I wear a 56. Loose jerseys are were its at. I guess us GTAers know how to wear jerseys. :lol:

I've worn my old 56 Leafs to a game and other then having to cuff the sleeves a little it fit fine on me. Same goes for my 56 Pens.

I'm 5'8" 155 and in 6100's the 46's fit me perfectly, but I wear a 50 in Edge and it fits about the same. when I ordered my first Edge everyone on here said go a size up because of the form-fittingness, and that seems to be a good rule of thumb with everyone I've talked to.

Err on the larger side. You'll be happy you did. I'm 5'9", ~200lbs, and I wear 48's or 52's in CCM/KOHO authentics, and a 52 in the Edge. The only thing thats bad about the Edge fit is the sleeve length, as in they're waaay too long. However, I think that's a problem no matter what size you get.

redsiren.gifJERSEY FOUL!!111ONE!11!redsiren.gif

To wear it with a hoodie? I did it to show how it fits with layers on. Not that I've never worn a jersey with a hoodie under it in my life, but I just took pictures to show the size.

I've gotta say it does look a little weird with a namebar that big. If you've got a short name, perfect.

Random thought of mine that I will chime in this sizing thread. I've always had this weird notion that authentics sized under a 54 aren't REALLY authentic. I mean their gamers would never be smaller than that. So a 46..that's like a non authentic, authentic in my mind. You may now all call me crazy. :P

redsiren.gifJERSEY FOUL!!111ONE!11!redsiren.gif

guam - thanks once again for a good chuckle ... :lol:

dubinahanisov, I'd take his comment with a grain of salt ... oh and make your bed, sheesh, what if you mom sees those pics? :P

dubinahanisov, I'd take his comment with a grain of salt ... oh and make your bed, sheesh, what if you mom sees those pics? :P

Thanks Mama Aketon :P

Anisinskhan, don't listen to him. Everyone knows unmade beds are more comfortable.

I've gotta say it does look a little weird with a namebar that big. If you've got a short name, perfect.

Random thought of mine that I will chime in this sizing thread. I've always had this weird notion that authentics sized under a 54 aren't REALLY authentic. I mean their gamers would never be smaller than that. So a 46..that's like a non authentic, authentic in my mind. You may now all call me crazy. :P

In my searching, I found that quite a few players manage to wear sz 52 Edge jerseys, and not just the Danny Briere's of the world, Mike Richards was wearing sz 52 in his first year as Captain.

To wear it with a hoodie? I did it to show how it fits with layers on. Not that I've never worn a jersey with a hoodie under it in my life, but I just took pictures to show the size.

I got your back dude. I always wear a hoodie under a jersey. But it's also 30 F'ING BELOW UP HERE!

Hahahahaha Guam I love the use of the sirens. :lol: I don't know about that being a foul to wear a jersey over a hooded sweatshirt.

I got your back dude. I always wear a hoodie under a jersey. But it's also 30 F'ING BELOW UP HERE!

Yeah I don't blame you. I saw Minnesota and Wisconsin got pounded with snow the past week. I hope you aren't trapped in your home. Maybe instead of a hoodie, you could wear your jersey over your winter jacket. Would that constitute a foul too? :lol: