New Blue Jackets 3rd

iggygoalie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, they are already getting rid of these jerseys?

Haha I doubt it. I was just commenting on a puck daddy piece that showed that the players thought they were cursed and that the dates that they are supposed to be worn (which was supposed to include their game against the Rangers a few days ago, but the team wore their regular home jerseys and won) has vanished.

They're not getting rid of anything. They just decided not to wear them one time that was originally scheduled. Part of the problem with releasing a schedule for thirds, I think.

Anyway, the bit about the schedule disappearing is some word of mouth thing that isn't based in fact. I'm not sure where that started. It's true, the third jersey thing isn't the main banner on the site, but that's because they've moved on to holiday tickets packs. The ad for the thirds is on their front page and clicking it takes it to the info page, complete with schedule...

CBJ Third Page

The thing about 'boomer' seems likely true. It would seem common sense has taken over. It's funny what marketing types will come up with when the adults aren't looking. Smarter people seem to have prevailed.

Edited by GoalMouthPass

I was at the Penguins/Jackets game where they got thrashed wearing them, and also went to the Rangers/Jackets game last Saturday and was surprised to see them not wearing them again.

Personally I hope they do phase them out after this season. I still think it's ridiculous that it's their 10th anniversary and they have a great patch, but don't even wear it on their new 3rds. Unfortunately just from surveying the crowd, it appears they have been selling well.

I did see the guy in front of me wearing an autographed authentic Rick Nash 2008 All-Star jersey. I was surprised when he got up and I saw it had the NHLPA logo on the hem, meaning it was a gamer or at least game-issue. A great jersey, just not something I'd probably wear out to a game.

I like them now minus the use of the blue strip at the bottom and the ugly socks. Hated them at first,but if they had maybe a red stripe to match the old style it might look better.

The mascot squatted down and shot white t-shirts out the top of his head. What part of that seemed appropriate to them? Idiots.

The mascot squatted down and shot white t-shirts out the top of his head. What part of that seemed appropriate to them? Idiots.

That is hysterical. People like me are the reason why they probably stopped lol. I would be there acting like Beavis. :skaterblu:

I have documented the entire history/episode of the jersey on my blog today, including a mention of General Phallus.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2010/12/2010-11-columbus-blue-jackets-rick-nash.html

The Jackets wore their third last night (12/18) and lost again. But "Boomer" was apparently nowhere to be found at Nationwide.

The Jackets wore their third last night (12/18) and lost again. But "Boomer" was apparently nowhere to be found at Nationwide.

Hey Rab - do you make it to many Columbus games? I saw a guy in a Lake Erie jersey at the Rangers/Jackets game, and immediately thought of you.

About 3 or 4 a year. Depends on the weather, and schedules. I was not at the Rangers game. I went to a game in November vs. the Wild, and I hope to make it to 2 or 3 in the new year. I used to like it when the Jr. Jackets played and you could catch a doubleheader.

• 1 month later...

The new 3rds are by far my favorite Jackets jersey every. And they really do look so much nicer when you are holding one in your hands. I have also been very surprised at how many they have sold. On any give night I see more of them in the crowd then any other jersey.

Some information on some differences out there on these Jackets thirds. The promo images feature a different C and A than the team actually wears (much to my disappointment). The difference:

107331913_slide.jpg

p8313118p275w.jpg

I've seen the one from the promo pictures on sale at Finish Line and some other specialty stores around Columbus, but they are cheap ($150) and the letters and numbers are a really bad vinyl material nothing close to authentic. Comparing these to the $190 ones from the team stores shows the night and day difference in quality. That said, the C on the promo photo sure looks a lot better to my eyes. No idea why they went with the single layer normal letter. It should at least have a grey layer underneath the letter like the other numbers similar to what other teams use for their A and C.

Anyway, I had always assumed you had game worn/team issued / authentic / replica. It would seem that there's something worse than authentic now based on these cheaper ones at the Finish Line, et al? Or maybe it's just the lettering that's very bad. I would expect better from the NHL on licensed stuff.

What's also interesting is that there's a mannequin in the arena's store that has a version of the third I've not seen anywhere. It's quite a bit different in material from the edge authentics. For those that care, I'll try to grab a photo of it. Might be the edge 2.0, but either way, it's very, very different in texture than the normal authentics and what the team wears so far as I can tell.

-John

That C has found its way to the fake ebay knock offs. http://cgi.ebay.com/61-NASH-COLUMBUS-BLUE-JACKETS-3RD-JERSEY-SIZE-56-/110648061934?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item19c3236fee#ht_825wt_1139

• 2 months later...

Just curious if anyone knows where I can find the number font for this jersey? I like to do different graphics and have a project for this one.

p8313118p275w.jpg

I have the Edge fonts that another member created, but this came out after that package.